Sign in to follow this  
Blipo

Contest: Write 30 000 words in 30 days

Awesome idea, it's nice to have an incentive to write something for once. I'll give it a shot, but i guess we'll see how we go. My biggest suggestion to everyone is to plan everything, completely plot out the story and then go and just expand on what you already have, otherwise you'll get stuck here and there a lot. Plus, you can set your self mini goals by saying 'i'll write up to x, have a chocolate' ha, something along those lines.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

So any subject is fine?Like I can write the diary of someone in say the War of Souls?

And yes,more allowance is great.I had to write exactly 2k words for my compo last year...Bloody hell I came up with 2006 words,without any unnecessary words.I had to delete some sentences for re-writing...Ended up re-writing the passage.I stopped doing homework the rest of the year.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I'll enter if I can have about 500 words of clearence in either direction. I'm not so sure I can do it though, but I might as well try.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

A short version of NaNoWriMo, but with monies. I like it :P

Yeah lol, I didn't know others did NaNoWriMo here. :o

But basically I'm putting all my creative juices into that and I'm going away and excuse, excuse, excuse... I've done 50k words in a month before, gimme a break!

So I would... but I'm too lazy right now. :lol:

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

To all those baaaawwwing about the exactly 30k words thing: Shoot for 30 000. If you go over 30k it's fine, just... try not to. I do have to read all these submissions, after all.

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

Sorry, not for 50 dollars.

You wouldn't get much more for 30,000 words, unless it was the 8 words in a children's book.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

It would be a bit hard to sell a book that short, unless it was a very good idea or very well-advertised. You have to remember the money you put up with it, as well, which helps cover all sorts of costs, and varies from company to company.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Additionally, of all the fiction ever written, most of it is absolute crap, done by small children and fanfic writers.

So any subject is fine?Like I can write the diary of someone in say the War of Souls?

Answer please?Going to start soon but I need to know if this is fine.

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

So, we meet again, Blipo.

I have over three years of plot and story formulated in my head that I could possibly use for a snippet of story, but sadly it is based on the universe of Fullmetal Alchemist. The characters are of my own creation, and the story takes place with the original cast dead - but even so, it's still null and void. In either scenario, I am too lazy to write anyway. But not all fanfiction works are terrible, but the majority of them are. Plus you have folks who just butcher the source material anyway.

Best of luck to anyone who does enter. And to all the complainers - atleast they are giving you cash, rather than a large trade of cabbage in-game (if you can even do that nowadays with this damned trading system).

-ZidaneCT

edba9.jpg

~ Proud Original Founder of the Tip.it Events Team (TET) ~

~ Leader of the Runescape Party Host Committee (RPHC) ~

"There's no such thing as a never-ending story," You murmured as you looked away...

I would, but I can't set my mind to writing to a deadline. Like, I'm fine without one, but when I get one, I just lose all focus. Though my average works clock about 40,000 words if I'm feeling good about it.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Sorry. I'm not sure what War of Souls is, but as long as it's not a fan fiction, it's fine.

Sorry. I'm not sure what War of Souls is, but as long as it's not a fan fiction, it's fine.

I mean as in being a diary.Like Anne Frank's or something...

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I love you.

Unfortunately, all of my creative juices have been poured into a steadily growing 200+ page project as of late, so I don't know whether I'll be able to find the time to make something completely new.

p2gq.jpg

Go for it.

Go for it.

Googled War of Souls, and it looks like a book... Dragonlance: The War of Souls. Apparently some shootoff of Dungeons & Dragons.

So that's not allowed.

I wish you'd give a topic or something. X.x I have ideas that need direction.

I'm not doing War of Souls...I've not finished the trilogy...Anyway,I do know its not allowed :roll:

Not much progress on mine yet though,trying to make it historically correct...(Its not a fanfic if its about real people,right?)

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I'm not doing War of Souls...I've not finished the trilogy...Anyway,I do know its not allowed :roll:

Not much progress on mine yet though,trying to make it historically correct...(Its not a fanfic if its about real people,right?)

Right. :thumbup:

You're lucky to know what you're going to do. It looks like I'll be writing 30,000 words in 5 days at this rate.

As long as it's fiction. You can have historical figures, but they can't be doing what they're historical for.

I'm definitely entering, but can't decide on a plot yet =\. I've got a really great one I've been saving, but that's just it... I'm saving it for the day I'll write it into a full-length novel and it'll start my writing career :P!

-Dutty

Errr, *needs a sig*

I'm definitely entering, but can't decide on a plot yet =\. I've got a really great one I've been saving, but that's just it... I'm saving it for the day I'll write it into a full-length novel and it'll start my writing career :P!

-Dutty

Why are you typing like this?