Tshirt collection. Big update, and vote!

DementedHero

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New designs! adore.gifadore.gifadore.gif

By the way I have a couple of questions. I've been drawing a lot lately specially during that trip in Europe I had because my brother and my mum "stole" my PSP, I have a lot of sketches that I want to improve in either Illustrator or Inkscape, I was wondering if you could give me some tips about colouring and sketching in Illustrator?

igsig.png

Well, the truth is, I don't know a whole lot about Illustrator.

All I do is draw. I have no special techniques.

I draw it all with the pencil tool, which is like a freehand pen tool.

Using my mouse.

General sketching and colouring tips. Hmm..

I start out with blobs of colour most of the time. I draw the general shape I want to make, then refine refine refine, and inbetween the refining, I draw lines on top of it, to define the inner shapes of the blob of colour.

Theres also a handy dandy tool in cs3, Recolor Artwork. Select your whole piece, click on the little rainbowcoloured circle in the top bar, and in the window that opens, you can edit the colours your piece is made up of. You don't have to select every little bit that is a certain colour, you can just edit the colour in general, and everything changes. It updates immediatly, so it's great for finetuning or picing the right colours.

For sketching, I really don't have any tips, just try it all, figure out what works for you and what doesn't. Oh, for good detail, zoom in. Alot.

tipitsigte0.png

Woopwoop!

I recently joined Behance.net, a big network of artists. Check it out.

I uploaded The Mightiest Roar.

Now I got an email:

"

Hello Mathijs,

I just wanted to notify you that one of your projects was just featured in our gallery. Our editorial team features a small number of projects every day. With hundreds of options, we only pick a few that promote new thinking.

Congrats, and great to have you involved in the Behance Network. If you ever have any feedback/suggestions for us, feel free to contact me.

"

And now it's on the fricking frontpage! How awesome is that

tipitsigte0.png

Gratz, after all that work I think you deserve it!

I can't seem to find any of your designs on threadless, you got accepted there, right? I'm totally going to buy the mightiest roar as soon as I see it.

C2b6gs7.png

loving the latest one, you have really improved from your older version. well done for making it to the front page also :D

Keep it up

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

I like it :thumbup:, Although I think that you could remove the smiling book and replace it with another pizza box so it forms a uneven stack? The book itself looks kind of rushed, needs to be either improved or removed. Also what's up with the shadows? Does the TV alter that much light so the armchair get a really large shadow? If so wouldn't the shadow of the TV table point backwards, same for the TV. One last thing, if you could change the colour a bit darker, think it would fit better if it was darker and on a darker background.

igsig.png

I'm not gonna change anything to the latest one. I've already submitted it, so there's no use :P

I don't think the book looks rushed.

Yes, the shadows may be a bit odd, but it's nothing that ruins the design, in my opinion.

MrShinyredplanet, I'm not sure, their new site is supposed to get online sometime next week. The new collection should be launched along with it.

tipitsigte0.png