Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ring of Wealth

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Italian5kamikaze
[ Display Name History ]

Italian5kamikaze

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,685 posts
Ring of wealth sucks, we dont need monthly threads discussing it.
Posted Image
Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
In my opinion it just wastes space. Ring of Life saved me numerous times, which results into more money anyways since I didn't die and lose my stuff.

Oathkeeper
[ Display Name History ]

Oathkeeper

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Anonymous184
I wear it when i'm slaying, in the warewolf task i got 3 rune meds. Before i made my ring of wealth i'd never gotten anything good from them (best being steel scimmy), it could have just been a big coincidence, but i seem to think that it works.
Posted Image

jayc3399
[ Display Name History ]

jayc3399

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,618 posts
Everyone looks at rare as the big ticket items but whose to say it doesn't depend on each monster. Like say for a lowly level 3 hobgoblin and sapphire is a rare drop? Does that not mean you would get more sapphires from them with the ring? What if the dragon drops don't fall in the rare category? And more simpler things do?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts

What if the dragon drops don't fall in the rare category? And more simpler things do?

Well then that'd be pretty stupid.

It's called Ring of Wealth, which implies it should make you more wealthy - not more likely to own uncommon items.

Smavey
[ Display Name History ]

Smavey

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,288 posts
i believe that it does nothing, just a placebo.

I still always wear one though :P rings, shrimgs

actually i'm loving this new explorer ring tbh

Beloved
[ Display Name History ]

Beloved

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 850 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Lord Beloved

maybe this helps

/edit: imo ring of wealth WORKS (look at 09-06-08, also ALL my d boot drops are with wealth)
Posted Image

wishkahbanks
[ Display Name History ]

wishkahbanks

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 333 posts
Ive had pretty much all my good drops with wealth on but it dosent mean to say i wouldnt have gotten them without it so who knows
Posted Image

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RSN:bedman
ROW only made me more poor. Died at metal drags twice cause of lagging out... Lost around 3M. But yet, I still wear it #-o

hipyhop00
[ Display Name History ]

hipyhop00

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 163 posts
Ring of wealth works. It increaces the CHANCE of getting a rare drop. Its dosent give them out to anyone that wears one.

Explain how its possible to get these three in under an hour. I can almost gaurntee that its a once in a runescape occurance

I also found these old logs on my computer today. Almost all the logged kills were solos

KBD

KQ

Chaos ele

Fingon
[ Display Name History ]

Fingon

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 27 posts
With the ring on I definitely get more rannar drop at chaos druids, but for clue scrolls it doesn't really seem to help.

Lsat night I killed over 200 dragons without a single clue scroll.

Then today I kill a total of 15 and get 2 times a clue.

Beloved
[ Display Name History ]

Beloved

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 850 posts

With the ring on I definitely get more rannar drop at chaos druids, but for clue scrolls it doesn't really seem to help.

Lsat night I killed over 200 dragons without a single clue scroll.

Then today I kill a total of 15 and get 2 times a clue.

row doesnt affect clues (nor does it affect ranarrs btw)
Posted Image

Toad
[ Display Name History ]

Toad

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Ring of wealth works. It increaces the CHANCE of getting a rare drop. Its dosent give them out to anyone that wears one.

Doesnt give them out to anyone? discrimination in the game? i should sue jagex right now you can be a witness? bold statement to make?
Posted Image

brando13a
[ Display Name History ]

brando13a

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 233 posts
if you want more ranarrs bring a macaw :thumbsup:

as for the ring, its too hard to calculate whether it helps or not, because of the randomness of the game, and the amount of drops each monster has, there's just too many variables.

look at KQ, it has how many drops? and people count how many chains and d2h's they get, the chances are so slim, especially with the other drops, that it honestly wont matter in the long run what you wear, even if the ring increases the drop rate by 50%, thats like 0.001% all the way up to 0.0015% not exactly gonna be noticed in the shortgame, that being under 1k kills, but after 1k kills the effect will be noticeable and add up, except it wont, because of the other drops that come in with it, and how random it is to get drops.

Ring of Wealth is like buying an extra lottery ticket. your odds still suck.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

SirHartlar
[ Display Name History ]

SirHartlar

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,692 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
You'll never solve this argument. You get people that complain that it does absolutely nothing and then those that claim it is the best thing since sliced bread. No one has ever provided a conclusive test of 10k or even 100k monsters, so it is a silly thing to discuss.

Mike_Ike111
[ Display Name History ]

Mike_Ike111

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,492 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Old Granny
RoW Doesn't increase the chance of getting a rare drop. It increases the chance of getting a more rare drop if there is to be a chance of getting one.

All of Runescape's monster drops are way too random to notice a difference when wearing a RoW and not. If you are lucky you may experience occurrences where it may seem the RoW does not work.
Posted Image

Beloved
[ Display Name History ]

Beloved

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 850 posts
brando13a

Mike_Ike111

you are both wrong imo, RoW works in such a way that it is actually unwise not to bring one (given you want a rare drop of course)

please read this quote again:

If thou consider the possessions of an enemy to be like a roulette wheel, then the 'rare' items so coveted by players are located on a second roulette wheel, that will only be spun shouldst thou roll a specific number on the first wheel.

The ring of wealth affects not the number which thou may achieve upon the first wheel, but should thou gain the precise number to allow thee access to the second, the ring will make thy chances of gaining an object on that second roulette wheel all the greater.

My analogy is flawed, for death is not like roulette, but I hope that thou see the truth within this.

http://www.runescape... ... cle_id=375

now you see that an increase of say 50% is an ACTUAL increase of the chance of getting the rare? it doesnt jump from 0.0001 to 0.00015 because the the first chance is including ALL drops, but once you get on the second wheel those drops do not count anymore because theyre simply not on that wheel! In fact there are only rares and empty spots on the second wheel, what RoW does is decrease the amount of empty spots on the second wheel and thus greatly increases the chance of getting a rare!

You dont want to get on the second wheel (which is a rare event) and miss out on a drop because you werent wearing RoW, now do you? (although, if you dont care greatly about rare drops and think +4 att/str/mage/range is a big improvement by all means use those rings instead)

@SirHartlar: you are right, 100k isnt even remotely close to a big enough sample to proof or disproof one or the other. But this brings me to something im always wondering about, why do people always want to disproof statements from jagex? If they say it works who are we to say it doesnt!
Posted Image

brando13a
[ Display Name History ]

brando13a

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 233 posts
I never said that the ring DOESNT increase your chances, its just not by much, your right, on the chance you get on the second wheel, it gives you a higher chance (im guessing MAYBE 10% higher) of getting a rare drop. but what are the chances of landing on that second wheel? if it increased that, then i'd be all for it, but its design its just too finite to make it the godsend people boast about. As i said in my post, if you kill over 1k of something when the drop chance is estimated at 1/1000, and you use the ring, you might notice an increase, but in general, the random nature of drops makes the ring useful by exactly the % chance of getting your second wheel, seeing as we cant quantify that, we cant say for sure that it makes any difference in drops before 10000 kills.

so to quote myself

Ring of Wealth is like buying an extra lottery ticket. Your odds still suck.

this applies directly to your wheels reference, one ticket, is one kill, one spin on the wheel, your second ticket is effectively your second spin on the second wheel, supposing that your first spin lands on that magical number to allow the second wheel to make a choice.

the odds arent in your favour, it is LUCK.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

Beloved
[ Display Name History ]

Beloved

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 850 posts
i do agree with you to some extend, ive always been somewhat of a criticiser when it came to RoW (as you can see in my drop log some posts above, when i was training mage on steel drags i wasnt wearing a row for months and did say 200 kills every day i played). I came back on this because i just dont think any other ring is more usefull than this slightly increased chance of a drop.

now let me ask you this, as we are mainly talking about dragon drops, when you kill abyssal dmons (if you cant lets say you can) which have a chance of 1 in 400 to drop a whip, and are fairly easy to kill (like 100/h). wouldnt it still justify using a row?(because the amount of times you do get on the second wheel is greatly increased because of the sheer amount of kills you get)
Posted Image

Str4lif3
[ Display Name History ]

Str4lif3

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 591 posts
There's no way you can proove that the ring of wealth increase your chance, because there's no way to know if you would have gotten a d leg instead of that d skirt.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users