Ring of Wealth

kurtvegita

its all in the luck. and frankly my dear, i dont give damn. my kuck sooks any way :wall:

200 rex solos- 1 warrior(second best drop being 1 rock plate)

1000 iron drag kills- best drop a loop half

450 boss kills(50arma 150zammy 250bandos) -5m bandos hilt split(at around 400 boss kills)

10 kq solos- 2 kq heads

150+ kbd solos -1 kbd heads

50+ level 3 clues done -best being pages

Y_Z.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch, I feel for ya.

Do you think there is a sort of luck gene that your character has when it is created.

:XD: that's exactly, word for word what i've kinda been thinking for years

omg me to :? i thought that for about 3 years. because thats how long i have been able to get good drops, but getting nothing -.- as said before rs is code so maybe you character is created the code follow him thry his rs life :-#

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

its all in the luck. and frankly my dear, i dont give damn. my kuck sooks any way

450 boss kills(50arma 150zammy 250bandos) -5m bandos hilt split(at around 400 boss kills)

10 kq solos- 2 kq heads

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LUCK. YOU HAVENT GOTTEN ANY GOOD DROPS BECAUSE IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LUCK ITS BECAUSE GOOD DROPS ARE RARE.

If you only kill a monster for money and your only goal are good drop then you will always fail and lose intrest only telling people how bad is and that its unfair.

I am showing the way in which an adventutre's goes about runescape as opposed to "moster hunters"

Mith dragons are a good example.

[hide=]My goal when going to kill monsters goal is to kill the most possible in a single trip. This was from one attempt which was the best i had done so far (counted by charms)

080717103242kj4.jpg

Three days later been able to do even more per tirp. to kill more i also had to sacrafise a safe excape method and reily on homeport and i also gave up my wealth ring for an archers to get more kills. you can see clear diffrence between the harms and drops (mix's sharks and supplies eaten there and arrows knifes and some others not taken

080720160104fx2.jpg

The results can only get better and always leave room to improve which is the adventure part of runescape. After the three days of forcusing on more kills per trip youve killed an average of 40 dragons per run and the adeventure component of finding the best method to kill more per trip having fun do up to 10+ trips a day and the acomplishment of killing more per trip (the diffrence between those two pictures above) is a total of 1,200 dragons slain.

a player searcing only for good drops killing 40 a trip 10 trips a day for 3 days with no luck has 1,200 failures and been disapointed since one of 1,200 times a monster dies. While the other player has had fun and is proud of the new method.[/hide]

[hide=]
its all in the luck. and frankly my dear, i dont give damn. my kuck sooks any way

10 kq solos- 2 kq heads

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LUCK. YOU HAVENT GOTTEN ANY GOOD DROPS BECAUSE IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LUCK ITS BECAUSE GOOD DROPS ARE RARE.

If you only kill a monster for money and your only goal are good drop then you will always fail and lose intrest only telling people how bad is and that its unfair.

I am showing the way in which an adventutre's goes about runescape as opposed to "moster hunters"

Mith dragons are a good example.

[hide=]My goal when going to kill monsters goal is to kill the most possible in a single trip. This was from one attempt which was the best i had done so far (counted by charms)

080717103242kj4.jpg

Three days later been able to do even more per tirp. to kill more i also had to sacrafise a safe excape method and reily on homeport and i also gave up my wealth ring for an archers to get more kills. you can see clear diffrence between the harms and drops (mix's sharks and supplies eaten there and arrows knifes and some others not taken

080720160104fx2.jpg

The results can only get better and always leave room to improve which is the adventure part of runescape. After the three days of forcusing on more kills per trip youve killed an average of 40 dragons per run and the adeventure component of finding the best method to kill more per trip having fun do up to 10+ trips a day and the acomplishment of killing more per trip (the diffrence between those two pictures above) is a total of 1,200 dragons slain.

a player searcing only for good drops killing 40 a trip 10 trips a day for 3 days with no luck has 1,200 failures and been disapointed since one of 1,200 times a monster dies. While the other player has had fun and is proud of the new method.[/hide][/hide]

youre right its a completely different mindset, i do slayer and get drops along the way. People call me lucky, but i just kill literally thousands upon thousands of creatures its a matter of odds not luck. and like you said, dont focus on drops, focus on experience gain and amount of kills yo get. The drops will come in due time.

Lord_Beloved.png

It just means you've got better chances of getting a better rare drop.

For example... if the roulette wheel lands on "rare" at GW (which the ring of wealth has no effect on, btw), then you can either get... d med, left half, arma helm, arma skirt, arma plate, arma hilt. The ring increases your chances of getting a hilt... or at least lessens your chances of getting a d med

That would be correct. But also remember "rare" and "valuable" are not the same thing. Rare simply means uncommon. For example with the following statment. A Steel aarow boss drop is a rare SGWS drop.

So even though your dial may spin on "rare", (using SGWS as an example), the "rare" dial list may consist of a R2h, Steel aarons, coins, SS, or S Hilt. The ROL would only slightly increase your chances of getting the SS or S hilt over the R2H, but would have no effect on getting a SS over a normal drop from the first dial.

So really to clarify. A Ring Of Wealth does NOT increase your chances for a rare drop.*

The correct phrase would be:

The Ring of Wealth slightly increases your chances that a rare drop will be more valuable.

*Sidenote: The reason I say this statement is false is because Jagex themselves confirmed the ring only effects the second dial. Therefore, the ring would have no effect making the first dial spin on "rare" more often. Technically, Jagex's statement is correct, but only to a certain extent. I just think they simply just worded it in a funny way.

dawnsigblue-3.png

My opinion is that the ring does not work for those 'super-rare' drops, only for the less rare ones. Which is definetely true, for example: Try joining a high level or experienced God Wars team and say 'is it ok if i bring my wealth?' They will almost always say no, this is because the wealth increases those less rare drops, and those high ammount coin drops.

Go kill Grandor with your wealths on, and see if you are getting a unusual ammount of his 20k drops, then take yore wealth off and notice the normal drops you get.

My theory: It has no effect on super-rare drops, only on less rare ones like rune

or

the other one i hear alot is, It increases the ammount of coins you get, which is bad, because the coins could be replacing a rare drop that you would have got without the wealth on.

dagzzy.png

Mage

[x]90 [x]91 [x]92 [x]93 [x]94 [x]95 [x]96 [x]97 [x]98 [X]99

What do you call dog with no legs?

...Don't matter what you call him, he ain't gonna come.

Try joining a high level or experienced God Wars team and say 'is it ok if i bring my wealth?' They will almost always say no

While your situation may also be the case, most times they say no because of the fact they are using lootshare. While lootshare is on, a ring of wealth has 0% effect on the drops.

Stated by the RSKB:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... cle_id=636

Does the ring of wealth work with LootShare?

No, the ring of wealth does not improve your chances of getting a good drop while you are LootSharing. The ring only works when you are fighting by yourself.

dawnsigblue-3.png

HERE IS HOW IT WORKS...

They are not saying actual rares. What they mean is that, say an item from a certain monster is dropped maybe once out of 100 times. This item will appear more with the ring of wealth.it doesn't necessarily mean valuable "rare" items. It all depends on the monster, and the actual item that is considered a rare drop from that specific monster.

Call me weird but i have noticed that i get a higher coin drop with the ROW.

A monster drops 50GP, 100 GP and 150 GP. Chances of me getting the 150 GP were much higher than getting the 50 GP.

Of course I tend to notice getting more rare drops as well. Such as better herbs and seeds than the low lvl ones (good thing ranarr was not considered as low).

With the release of the Explorers ring however, I tend to be wearing that. In fact. I am going to sell my ROW later on. Not worth it imo.

When defenders were mentioned, i made me think. Jagex might consider non-tradable items to be rare. So, it can be things like monster heads, defenders, chewed bones, and possibly blue charms?
actually, none of those are affected by row
Lord_Beloved.png

Ok, let me put it this way:

Why would Jagex say it does something, when it actually doesn't?

What would the point of that be?

~Boo

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Killed X amount of cyclops in Y amount of time, got the following loot:

2 steel 2h's

2 steel longs

1 steel short

3 iron chains

1 steel chain

1 steel med

1 Addy 2h

81 black knifes

2 black sword

1 addy mace

1 steel mace

1 saph

2 rune defenders

1,422 coins.

EDIT:

Without Row:

Herb (cadantine)

54 black knifes

1,494 coins

5 steel daggers

3 iron 2h's

2 steel shorts

2 steel battleaxes

2 mith daggers

1 black dagger

1 addy 2h

2 iron chains

1 steel mace

1 steel med

1 long bone

1 steel chain

1 rune defender

the coin count is too close to call, and the defender count is obvious. Bring your RoW to Cyclops for "defender farming"

2008_121.png

Randompm1.png

row does not work! i have looked into it myself by keeping track of my drops. i have proven my thoery to myself at bandos, metal d's, cave horrors, nechs, im at 83 slayer now and i plan to kill sp mages, i will kill 1k with row and 1k without. i know what the results will be.

i get 1 d drop every 400-600 kills at metal d's without row

ive gotten 0 with row

cant say ive gotten 600 d drops but i have gotten about 15 d drops total

i think jagex refers to just coins or nothing as a rare drop. my coin drops triple with row. 15gp each.

mmmorgan.png

Mmmorgan.png

Ok, let me put it this way:

Why would Jagex say it does something, when it actually doesn't?

What would the point of that be?

~Boo

That's how I feel. It would be pretty dumb to make such a high-leveled jewelery item useless.