5 years of highscores

punk4ever

Around the beginning of August in 2003, I decided to take a few screenshots of the highscores page for five different skills: Overall, Fighting, Smithing, Crafting, and Herblaw. During this time, Runescape Classic was still the only version of the game, and I wanted to see how the highscores would change in the coming months or years, just out of curiosity. Apart from Prayer which did not have a single player at level 99, these five skills were some of the most difficult to train because they were time consuming, required a large cash flow, or both in some cases. For those of you not familiar, Herblaw refers to Herblore and Fighting refers to Hitpoints, both of which were renamed with the release of Runescape2.

I thought it would be nice to post a five-year progression and comparison of each skill :) Enjoy.

[hide=Overall 2003]highscoresoveralleditauqf8.png[/hide][hide=Overall 2008]overall2008eb5.png[/hide]

[hide=Fighting 2003]highscoresfightingeditahj6.png[/hide][hide=Fighting 2008]fighting2008jn5.png[/hide]

[hide=Smithing 2003]highscoressmithingeditadt3.png[/hide][hide=Smithing 2008]smithing2008aa8.png[/hide]

[hide=Crafting 2003]highscorescraftingeditaud6.png[/hide][hide=Crafting 2008]crafting2008qj1.png[/hide]

[hide=Herblaw 2003]highscoresherblaweditauwm7.png[/hide][hide=Herblaw 2008]herblaw2008sm8.png[/hide]

[Edit]

I thought I could add in a few more highscores pages I saved from long, long ago, but I never noted down the date, so it doesn't really play to the 5 year theme I had in mind :P

My oldest Fighting highscores picture:

[hide=Fighting]fightinghighscorean1.png[/hide]

Screenshot when Zonghui made it first to 99hp:

[hide=Zonghui First to 99]zonghuifirst99hppicturepy4.jpg[/hide]

Screenshot when Everdred made it first to 99 Woodcutting (he was also first to achieve 99 in any skill):

[hide=Everdred First to 99]woodcutting99firstcopybi0.png[/hide]

punk4ever.gif

By The_Jeppoz :wink:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember looking up all those old high scores, stuff like this is just priceless. Great post :thumbsup:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Ltangle is not to far from crafting. Its cool to look at old high scores like this from long ago.

Good post.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Pretty interesting to see how the past 5 years of peoples runescape lives have unfolded.

Just makes you wonder at times, not that I really care all that much, if they had just as much success in the real world.

(I meant that In A serious way too, for all we know, some of these people may only have had time to play RS if everything was going good and their ducks where in a row. And with successes like that could lead to being able to get 200m Experience in some skills.)

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Haha! My current total beats the totals of those noobs from '03! Owned.

Seriously now, it was very generous of you to post this. I don't think I would have bother. This really shows how the game has changed.

You should've saved Fletching (if it was there at the time) or Cooking. Those really shot up since Capes of Achievement were released.

Yeah, Fletching has been around since the release of members, but I really didn't want to bother screening the entire highscores page. Speaking of Cooking though...

[hide=Cooking]cookingeditxx9.png[/hide][hide=99 Cooking]99cookingeditgu9.png[/hide]

punk4ever.gif

By The_Jeppoz :wink:

You should've saved Fletching (if it was there at the time) or Cooking. Those really shot up since Capes of Achievement were released.

Yeah, Fletching has been around since the release of members, but I really didn't want to bother screening the entire highscores page. Speaking of Cooking though...

[hide=Cooking]http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/1203/cookingeditxx9.png[/hide][hide=99 Cooking]http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/6730/99cookingeditgu9.png[/hide]

Wow, nice. <3: I wish I played during classic.. :(

j0xPu5R.png

Very nice job, pretty interesting I s'pose :thumbup: I bet you took those pictures for the sole intention of making a topic on them 5 years later :P

Also, how's it going?

How many runescape players does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the bulb and the other 49 to complain about how it was better before.

THE MODS THERE ARE COMPLETE AND UTTER IDIOTS!

So why are you here?

Nice to see tks' name on the highscores ::'

She was #1 when I started playing, so that name will always stick in my mind.

When bb6 was powerfishing in Lumby, I used to steal the fishes he dropped and hoped he wouldn't get angry lol.

Thanks for the classic pictures punk, they bring back some nice memories :thumbup:

160vy.png

Wow lol... Punkie, it's been ages since i've seen you post, how are you nowadays?

Anyway to stay on topic, dang those pictures bring back memories, pretty weird seeing the top 10 with what would nowadays be a low overall level, offcourse there wasn't the addition of the newer skills then but still :).

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.