Recommend an artist/band to the poster above you

AdioLovesSquall

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again Adio.

As for Lenticular, I have absolutely no idea what kind of music you're into, but only a crazy person wouldn't like hip-hop, so you should check out Madvillain. It's a collaboration the MC MF DOOM and the producer Madlib. Really amazing, original hip-hop. Even if you're not into hip-hop, I'd seriously recommend checking out this group.

[Last.FM]

Cool.

@Intriguing:

You listen to a lot of genres o.O. I didn't look through ever artist in your library, but from the metal I looked at, I'm going to recommend Nevermore, in particular their album Dreaming Neon Black.

My last.fm is really inaccurate because it marks stuff I liked 4 years ago and really dislike now as having the most plays. So, I'll try to give a description of my taste:

First and foremost, I love Progressive metal and Power metal more than most other genres. As far as metal goes, I also listen to some Thrash (mainly Megadeth and occasionally some Slayer or Metallica) and Black metal (only albums I have from the genre are Emperor's In the Nightside Eclipse and Burzum's Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, but both are incredible), but I really dislike Death. I don't only listen to metal, though. I also really like good Classic/Progressive/Alternative/Post rock too. I listen to some rap as well (nas, wu-tang clan, and Immortal technique), though it isn't my favorite. I've been trying to get into Emo lately as well, some bands I like being Circle Takes the Square and City of Caterpillar (those are actually the only ones I know). I'll provide my top ten favorite bands now:

1. Dream theater

2. Opeth

3. Pain of Salvation

4. Tangerine Dream

5. Red Hot Chili Peppers

6. Nine Inch Nails

7. Pixies

8. Emperor (if only for In the Nightside Eclipse)

9. Rise Against

10. Circle Takes the Square

Since you like power metal...(Not NightWish,sadly.I'd only class Dark Passion Play as Power Metal)...Kamelot?

See first page for my list

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Haha, thanks, I already listen to Kamelot. the Black Halo is a pretty awesome album.

To you, I would reccomend Gamma ray's album Land of the Free, especially the song "Rebellion in Dreamland". It's essential for anyone who likes Power Metal, IMO.

I honestly have no idea if you'll like this band, and they're fairly famous for black metal, so you've probably already heard of them (they weren't in your Last.FM though), but you should check out Dark Funeral. I'm basing that recommendation pretty well solely on the fact that Gorgoroth is in your top 50.

[Last.FM]

Cool.

I think you might really like The Southland. I didn't find any direct links, but listen to the track "Shadow" on the album Influence of Geography. I think you'd really like it.

Edit: That was for Intriguing. As for you, Mlbfan, check out the same thing.

@ Mlb: I'm fairly certain Heaven Shall Burn aren't Satanic, but thanks anyway..

@ Rushrock: I'm just listeneing to Shadow on their MySpace. Pretty chill song, I really like the chorus. Thanks for the recommendation!

As for what I think you should listen to, I'm basing it on a few of your replies in the "What are you listening to" thread. I'm under the impression you like Indie, so I'm gonna recommend of Montreal. I apologize if you've already heard of them. As for albums to check out, I'd recommend Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? and The Sunlandic Twins--their two latest albums.

[Last.FM]

I'm fair sure I'm now addicted to this thread.

Cool.

Thanks man, I'll check them out. And to add on to Intriguing and Mlbfan's recommendation, listen to the entire Influence of Geography, it's amazing.

Recommend Intriguing something, please. I apologize. I should've messaged them this information.

@ Mlb: I'm fairly certain Heaven Shall Burn aren't Satanic, but thanks anyway..

@ Rushrock: I'm just listeneing to Shadow on their MySpace. Pretty chill song, I really like the chorus. Thanks for the recommendation!

As for what I think you should listen to, I'm basing it on a few of your replies in the "What are you listening to" thread. I'm under the impression you like Indie, so I'm gonna recommend of Montreal. I apologize if you've already heard of them. As for albums to check out, I'd recommend Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? and The Sunlandic Twins--their two latest albums.

[Last.FM]

I'm fair sure I'm now addicted to this thread.

I see you like ambient stuff, so give Lustmord a try.

http://www.last.fm/user/Silver-Sword

Since you have similar tastes as I,Hammerfall is pretty good for me.If you happen to have Back to Back,send it to me on MSN plox?

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

It means you post your own last.fm. D:

As for you, I recommend Sir Lord Baltimore or Captain Beyond. Good and heavy prog/rock.

edit: Dark Funeral was alright, a bit too much on the norsecore side, I think? Not too sure, needs more listening.

p915h.gif

Well I'm going to recommend Andy Warhol as an artist to you. Since it is recommend an artist...

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I would have to say Slayer for you, although you may already listen to them.

My favorite bands:

Atreyu

BFMV

Disturbed

Blessthefall

Van Halen

A7X

Slipknot

Recommend me something, plocks.

you like anything that disagrees with the christian religion right? then i recommend Cradle Of Filth, it's black/satanic metal.

uhmm no, i actually dont :roll: and CoF isnt black nor satanic metal. if you recommended it with good wills, then thx. if not, well nvm.

as for you rushrock, i would recommend Cacophony, they are kinda well known though (i apologize if you already know them). they only have 2 albums but i'd recommend the first one "Speed Metal Symphony".

Why even try with that idiot? Honestly, there is no point whatsoever. I'd get better replies if I argued with a tree stump.