What lurks behind the frozen door, click here to see.

mujammil

I think the area is the ancient cavern. For those of you who say its not: It has the same bluish color. And why would they put it there before they released it. I dont think they ever have done that.

Off topic: What if Jagex said there were ways to open all those mystery doors/tunnels/portals in runescape, but didnt tell us what they were?

BOO

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt its mith drags...think aout how far away they are!

I disagree, all of the other posts give valid reason why it COULD be mith dragons.

However, although proven by other dungeons being located next to each other, those dungeons appear to be finite, completed. There are no future extensions to the dungeon planned, so they are able to be put together.

So why would Jagex locate Mith Dragons next to God Wars Dungeon when they seem to have an extension of the dungeon planned. It just means that further down the line, they will have to edit the game code and relocate their relevant locations on the dungeon plane.

Lego_Luke.png

It has to be the ancient cavern. The theory about dungeons being close together on a seperate map is true, look at a video of a private server and you will see.

On that note, if you go on an up-to-date private server with a fairly recent cache decoded you would be able to literally walk from sara godwars thorugh the black to the place and see what it really is.

Ever thought of going to the ancient cavern to see if you can see sara godwars?

Arzian.png

It's almost surely the Ancient Caverns. The stalactites are exactly the same as ones found around the Mithril Dragons. Can anyone go and see if they can see the GWD from the caverns just to confirm our suspicions?

Darkdude's map is probably actually quite accurate. It's proven that JagEx compacts the caves/underground areas close together, it's actually somewhat proven that they're actually way up in the blackness north/northeast of Morytania and the Wilderness. (A previous glitch caused the Cosmic(Or was it the Death?) Altar to be locatable from the overworld, and it was triangulated to be northeast of lv 50 Wilderness and far north of Morytania)

If they ever do add something behind the door it will most likely teleport you to an external area when you click on the door instead of actually walking through it. (Similar to how most Quest/Dungeon-related doors work)

It makes sense when you look at the release dates...

Game Updates Barbarian Training 03-Jul-2007

Game Updates God Wars Dungeon 28-Aug-2007

Two dungeons added close together.

Other examples include you can see the pyramid dungeon from barrows

Game Updates Desert Treasure 18-Apr-2005

Game Updates Barrows 09-May-2005

Coincidence? I think not.

Here, I drew a map using my hawt drawing skills to show what the layout will be like.

[hide=Warning]dungeonlayout.jpg[/hide]

The right is where they moved the stuff from RSC when RS2 was bought on and they've just added dungeons to the left of this as time as gone on. There's no order to this other than the order which they were added. There's is no link to the "main" land. The game literally says "Go to co-ord (3758,483) to get you to the dungeon, not just move you down one level.

some maybe make sense but the barrows is all wrong :-# its right next to pyre burning minegame. so meybe your wrong ;) who the hells know. only j mods do really :? and there is nothing to the other sides of barrows. only the minigame dungoun.

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

some maybe make sense but the barrows is all wrong :-# its right next to pyre burning minegame. so meybe your wrong ;) who the hells know. only j mods do really :? and there is nothing to the other sides of barrows. only the minigame dungoun.

One part of barrows is near the pyramid, you can see the mummies. Might be one of the brothers crypts actually, but one part of barrows is.

I have to agree what what everyone here has said, litterally.

1: It could be whats behind the frozen door, given the current explanation of how underground maps work: i doubt the door would just be something you walk through, it will lead to its own seperate area- if it ever opens at all-

2: It could be the Ancient Caves, but until you prove that it is, speculation is fair game.

and to add a third little spin on it- maybe your not seeing behind the frozen door... maybe you've found whats behind the mithril gate ::'

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

I have to agree what what everyone here has said, litterally.

1: It could be whats behind the frozen door, given the current explanation of how underground maps work: i doubt the door would just be something you walk through, it will lead to its own seperate area- if it ever opens at all-

2: It could be the Ancient Caves, but until you prove that it is, speculation is fair game.

and to add a third little spin on it- maybe your not seeing behind the frozen door... maybe you've found whats behind the mithril gate ::'

If it wasnt going to open jagex wouldnt put it there.

Jagex made a quest a few months ago "The perils of ice mountain" to warn about global warming, personally i'm happy about global warming, it brought us godwars sooo.. im all for the meltin of that door.

After only reason godwars appeared is because the ice melted.. quote from bts

August's game updates will be complete with perhaps the most intense update of the year as we take a peek into the past... and into the God Wars Dungeon. For many centuries, legions of unique creatures lay frozen in time, locked in a battle that began back in the Third Age of RuneScape. Recent tectonic movement in the Wilderness has caused hot springs to surface in the dungeon

Anyone think HEY! theres a hint at legends quest 2, with legends will rise, and! mithril gates at legends guild, a mithril door at mithril dragons?

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

There aren't different "Levels" of Runescape. Its all on one big map. When you go up a ladder it moves your characters location on the overall map. Like when you teleport. Runescape overall looks something like this:

[hide=Image]RShowdungeonswork.jpg[/hide]

Lets say point "A" is the mole layer entrance. When you go into the hole it just teleports you to the far edge of the overall map meant for dungeons.

It's not the mithril cave, I've just been there, gone to all the edges and found nothing that looks like your picture, or anything that may resemble any wall outside of the cave(Sara gws).

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

the dungeon on.. entra island (spellings bad, the law rune altar one), anyways when your in it you can see people in the...taverly dungeon, and im pretty sure you can talk to them too :lol: but it was a few years ago since i was down there trying to get a dragon longsword :s they might have fixed it.

just thought id let you guys know :D

and ummm that door looks really cool i wish theyd release a new part soon!

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

get someone at Sara and someone at mith drags then tell them to use a macaw :P mabey you can see eachother?

We won't know for sure what in there until someone starts investigating

No dice. Remote view is restricted to the outdoors.

That's how the dungeons have always worked for as long as I can remember. You could always go to the edge of walls and peek into other rooms.

Although the two dungeons arn't really next to each other in the story of the game, only on the map (if you get what I mean) wouldn't it be hilarious if they just made the frozen door be the other side of the mith door :lol:

Some games do not mix...

gtasimcopy.gif

It's not the mithril cave, I've just been there, gone to all the edges and found nothing that looks like your picture, or anything that may resemble any wall outside of the cave(Sara gws).

Close but no cigar. To truly bust the mithril cave theory, someone would need to stand in the Sara dungeon and someone else would need to run around the edges in the entire mith dungeon while the player in the Sara dungeon watches for them.

Close but no cigar. To truly bust the mithril cave theory, someone would need to stand in the Sara dungeon and someone else would need to run around the edges in the entire mith dungeon while the player in the Sara dungeon watches for them.

If what everyone has been saying is true then Sara GWD must be 3 layers below the overworld. Then if everyone dungeon floor 3 levels down is in that "world" then you might have to find out if there is 3 levels down in the Ancient cavern. Just a thought :/

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

If what everyone has been saying is true then Sara GWD must be 3 layers below the overworld. Then if everyone dungeon floor 3 levels down is in that "world" then you might have to find out if there is 3 levels down in the Ancient cavern. Just a thought :/

I'm gonna take my shot at explaining what seems to be confusing a lot of people. There are no "layers" in RuneScape. When you enter a dungeon, you don't get taken to a new layer just underneath your current layer. Instead, you are teleported sideways, not down. Sideways, outside the edges of the map. This gives the illusion of going down a layer, but it is just that, an illusion. The dungeon is not underneath RuneScape, it is next to it! So 2 different dungeons on 2 different "layers" could appear right next to each other.

Has anyone tried using each of the pendants/necklaces/symbols with the door?

We haven't got a Bandos Pendant/Necklace/Symbol yet. You could try a Brass Necklace, though.

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png