100% F2P: An Achievement?

IGrantCI

After browsing the Tip.it forums for a while, I noticed that many people are proud of their 100% F2P status. Many people refuse to get members purely because it would take away their F2P status, a reason I will never understand. Sure it's hard work to raise skills within F2P but getting members opens whole new possibilities to their gaming, why restrict themselves from further enjoying the game so they can be recognised as a complete F2P player?

Surely the small amount of recognition they receive for having trained their account in F2P does not match up to the large amount of benefits having members gives?

How do you feel? Do you believe being 100% F2P is something to be proud of?

I am open to all opinions so please submit your view on this matter.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see most of those titles next to a picture of a skill or skills of high levels. People are proud of the fact that they got that high level in F2P

supporthisox7.gif

GUESS WHAT? The RED SOX and PATRIOTS are awesome, and there is nothing you con do about it.

CURRENT GOALS: Smithing 42/50...Fishing 47/50...Magic 35/33 Completed!! ...Attack 40/40 Completed!!!

I bought bgs 29.1m 3 days ago, sold yesterday at 30m (for those who are mathematically challenged: 800k profit).

Insane epic fail....

i dont see it much as an achievement more as cant be bothered paying for p2p, its like people that are like "real men wear skirts" in rs its not that real men wear skirts its just they dont have enough for Dlegs.

So at your question no, f2p is not an achievement.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I think it is an achievement in the fact that it shows that someone has the sheer patience and determination to train all their skills in harder, longer ways whilst having to deal with more noobs at the same time. It is a gerat ahcievement, and doesn't just show that they don't want to pay for members, its often the player setting themselves a challenge and overcoming it.

logo2d.jpg

i dont see it much as an achievement more as cant be bothered paying for p2p, its like people that are like "real men wear skirts" in rs its not that real men wear skirts its just they dont have enough for Dlegs.

yeah cause my 4.6m is surely not enough for dragon legs, i wear skirt because its 600k cheaper and that could but me alot fo pots and is good on a rainy day -.- and who give a [bleep] about 10 a thing theres 10 pixels shorter :-#

on to the topic. i think people who CAN afford p2p and dont have it because the reason thats f2p is more achiement. that kind of people are just plain anoying. you can get much more fun as a member and not that much grind \'

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

I think they are either cheap, attention seekers or just plain idiots.

the ones in rate this forums are. not the normal blogscape users.

it's a matter of difficulty that separates f2p and p2p into two different categories. f2p restricts a lot of skill training privileges so it makes it a lot harder to train skills which shows you that you have more patiences then a p2p player. this isn't always the case but it's mostly true.

P2p have more skills so you cant really say f2p is harder, slayer is as slow as rc, sure p2p has better gear but thats why its called the "Benefits" of membership

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I think it is because most people think that F2P is much harder than P2P, even though that is not really true. There's a lot of more gear and items in P2P, but it is still very hard to train some skills. This thing with that people thinks that F2P is harder than P2P makes being a 100% F2P something very cool and all of us wants to be cool, right?

So people stay F2P even though that many of them want to be P2P. I find it rather dumb to be honest.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Why does it annoy you they don't pay? They have every right to be f2p and not p2p.

it's anoy me bacause they could have way more fun as a member. but thats there choice and i don't respect that -.-

Why does it annoy you, if some ppl chose to play the game for free AND play it with less possibilities in lvling thus theyre making it harder for themselves?

EWWWDIT: What if the people think grinding is actually fun? :shock:

tifsbti6oi.gif

Why does it annoy you they don't pay? They have every right to be f2p and not p2p.

it's anoy me bacause they could have way more fun as a member. but thats there choice and i don't respect that -.-

Why does it annoy you, if some ppl chose to play the game for free AND play it with less possibilities in lvling thus theyre making it harder for themselves?

yeah they choosed thats why i dont repect people who is like this "i am f2p give me respect, i am leeching the jagex, and yet i want more FREE opdates" -.-

edited for grammar.

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

^I assume you mean want x1992x.

Anyway, not all f2pers think like that. I know some who have a f2p acount and another account which they bought a membership on. It's the same idea when people create f2p skillers, or lv3 skillers. It's sometimes for fun, and for the challenge.

It like any other flash game; there is easy, medium, hard difficulties. F2P'ers just choose the hard one. Nothing wrong with that. And when they achieve higher levels in f2p, it is a much greater accomplishment, because they did it the harder way.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

It like any other flash game; there is easy, medium, hard difficulties. F2P'ers just choose the hard one. Nothing wrong with that. And when they achieve higher levels in f2p, it is a much greater accomplishment, because they did it the harder way.

At the end of the day when your 99 is matched with a members 99 the only difference is he has a one of a kind cape. No one really cares how you get a 99 as long as you get it. Whether I cook 1 million shrimp instead of 50k lobsters for 99 cooking once I get the cape people will still say "What an easy cape to get".

1288581197250-1.jpg

At the end of the day when your 99 is matched with a members 99 the only difference is he has a one of a kind cape. No one really cares how you get a 99 as long as you get it. Whether I cook 1 million shrimp instead of 50k lobsters for 99 cooking once I get the cape people will still say "What an easy cape to get".

+1

and coming from anim7 (much harder F2P achievement quote) that in his siggy it has 85 mining 100% F2P...

OT: If they want to sacrifice the much more fun of members for a lame little 100% F2P and think they'll get respect, fine with me, I'll be laughing at them while in Castle Wars ;)

Excellent point No_99_Melee. By choosing the hard way they gain nothing over a member and spent many more hours getting there.

100% F2p isnt an achievement on its own, you actually have to do something.....

"Im a lvl 80 100% f2per" ....awesome -.- ,

"im a lvl 120 100% f2per" well that actually is pretty awesome, hell of a lot more time has probally been spent on getting those lvls in f2p as opposed to in p2p, so thats when it achievement imo,

So ye at times it is an achievement but doing it just for the sake of it is pointless,

(kinda hard to explain really *need old scratch head smiley*)

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

I myself am a lvl 112 "100% F2P" and I can tell you, I don't consider my status an achievement. Being "100% f2p" is just one of the hundred ways you can play the game, just like when you make a str pure to BH or a def pure to show off a full sara on a lvl 19 account.

In my opinion, this whole discussion resolves on the fact that there are a lot of people think that higher leveld players should have been a member at one point or another. But how about some who have never enjoyed p2p status, and to boot happens to have higher stats than your average lvl 100 member? I lost count on how many times I have been asked "why no cape?" or called "Liar, u must be p2p" just because I have spent a little more time playing the game, raising the skills a member would have got in half the time.

All this makes you think that F2P might be somewhat harder than being a member, but that's it.

Also, I'd like to point out that having restrictions makes a game more challenging. For example, you have to think your way around skills that have a limited ammount training methods, also money is harder to get as well (money is actually easy to come by, but in members it is even easier), that kind of stuff.

Something eated my sig.

I have both a p2p account and an f2p account. Does that mean I can't be bothered paying for both? Hell no. I don't even play on my p2p account anymore for the simple fact that I don't want to. I like playing on my f2p account because I have to train hard, I have to be a dedicated player in order to succeed. It's hard enough just keeping up in the high scores with people that can train the same skill 5x faster than you, all because they paid $5. I don't see that as much of an achievement. In fact, that could be seen as the same as buying power leveling.

i dont even notice them or acknowledge them as a player simply because they are f2p

Most of your levels, I'd imagine, are from a whip, barrows/dragon armor, and sharks or monkfish, correct? Or at least you have gained most of your levels in ways that only members can use. That's pretty much the standard for p2p players. Guess what? They level up with full Rune and a Rune Scimitar, sometimes a 2h or battleaxe. They level up using lobsters, or even salmon. They gain their fishing skills by fishing salmon and trout, and they gain their prayer points by BURYING BIG BONES! Did you gain all of your 74 Prayer levels that way? Oh, I thought not, so stop talking. I don't even acknowledge you as a player. Why? Because there are too many level 110+ players out there. It's no longer an achievement, it's a standard; "what, you're not level 126 yet? lol"

yeah they choosed thats why i dont repect people who is like this "i am f2p give me respect, i am leeching the jagex, and yet i want more FREE opdates" -.-

You'd be shocked to find how few actually feel that way. And by the way, f2p isn't leeching from Jagex, they simply just take Jagex up on an offer, how is that leeching? Now, if they had a limited trial offer, and you just kept making new accounts, that would be leeching, but not this.

Excellent point No_99_Melee. By choosing the hard way they gain nothing over a member and spent many more hours getting there.

Perhaps many f2p people don't want your fake respect. I personally couldn't care less whether or not you even so much as knew about me. My only question to you is this: why do you hold yourself on such a pedestal?

I play my f2p character almost exclusively. Why? Is it because I want your respect? No. Is it because I can't/don't want to pay for members'? No. Is it because I just want to have fun doing something I find infinitely more involving? Yes.

In the end, a lot of people on f2p that stay f2p, just want to have fun. It's like pures and skillers. All I want to do is play. So leave me alone, and keep your insults to yourself, I really don't care what you have to say. In the end, I will see my levels as being better than those of a p2p, because I used methods that may have required more time, money, and/or effort to achieve. I don't care if you see it that way or not.

Restrictions may make the game more challenging, but they also make it more boring. Limited training options followed by overcrowded training areas do not make a game fun in my opinion.

EDIT: At what point have I insulted you? I have not once insulted the F2P population, just simply questioned your logic, the whole point of me starting this topic was so people like you would give their view on why they remain F2P and it definitely was not intended to be a stab at F2P players. I simply stated an aspect of gaming and left players to give their opinions on it, there was really no need to get so defensive about it.