100% F2P: An Achievement?

IGrantCI

Restrictions may make the game more challenging, but they also make it more boring. Limited training options followed by overcrowded training areas do not make a game fun in my opinion.

That is your opinion. To me, I see it as a challenge. That's what makes the game more fun to me, not boring.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Restrictions may make the game more challenging, but they also make it more boring. Limited training options followed by overcrowded training areas do not make a game fun in my opinion.

That is your opinion. To me, I see it as a challenge. That's what makes the game more fun to me, not boring.

I did state it was my opinion, not a fact. This topic is open to debate and everyone has different opinions.

I'm 100% F2P, have been F2P since I first started playing back in 2001. Am I proud of my achievements while being F2P? Of course, but only because I managed to so far stick up to the challenge of dealing with slower leveling and more certain annoyances. You might not think it's the greatest thing in the world, but I've always liked to pose a challenge for myself. Sure P2P has its own challenges, and I give props to them too for those who stepped up to the plate to face them by getting P2P in the beginning. There is no right or wrong way to get skills, no right or wrong way to equip armour and weapons to train, and certainly no right or wrong way to celebrate your achievements. Every goal, regardless of whether your F2P or P2P, is great.

Besides, to be honest, with all the updates we've been getting, leveling on F2P isn't that hard. 40k an hour training melee stats at the Stronghold of Security's Giant Spiders level-50 isn't too bad. Sure it's nothing compared to the 60k+ per hour P2Pers get, but hey, it's still decent. The "Skill-all" option certainly made things easier for EVERYONE. :lol: Fine that our furnaces aren't that close to the bank, fine we don't have that many skills to play with, but that doesn't mean they don't exist anyway.

Here are my reasons why I can't get members:

1. A few years ago I started college/university. For some of you, $5.00 may not seem like a lot, but back then it could've meant two gallons of gas (of course, right now it means a gallon), a small simple meal (which these days can mean over $5.00 now), maybe an item or two of necessities at a store, etc. (coupons for the win) And with the fact I was not working at the time, I couldn't just go and spend the money and time on a game. Because I was focused on my academics, I didn't feel that forking out $5.00 was worth it because I wouldn't make it worthwhile.

2. I have some money now that I saved up from my job back at the university, but now I have to pay an insurance bill that's near $200 bi-monthly, I have a student loan of $5,500 plus interest that I have to start paying soon, I'm unemployed, and the economy is not looking great. I don't want to depend on my parents to give me money to pay my bills, and I certainly don't want them to ask for money to pay for a game because they'll find that utterly unreasonable. If you guys honestly think that $5.00 is easy to come by these days, it's not when you have to think about what financial responsibilities you'll eventually have.

3. Issue of making it worthwhile due to time and money constraints.

Now don't get me wrong, I have seriously thought about getting members before, but I haven't been able to think of a way to see how I would make it worthwhile and how would it affect me budget wise. If I were to get P2P, I want to make it a good experience, not a "oh man I paid for three months and I haven't had time to play at all, there goes $15.00 down the drain." With the fact I'm planning to go back to uni again to get another degree doesn't make that decision any easier either.

I have nothing against people going P2P, but I do have something against those who diss people who being happy they have obtained their goals on F2P only. How would you like it if I dissed you for reaching your goals on P2P? How would I like it if I followed your threads on the Rate This! board and say, "Oh you're P2P, that's nothing special at all. You guys can get levels so easy. :roll: " I'm pretty sure some of you would say, "Oh I don't care." But there are some that would care too and I don't think you guys would like it.

So really, because of personal circumstances, I can't be a member. But that doesn't mean I can't be proud of my achievements either.

[hide=]

I'm 100% F2P, have been F2P since I first started playing back in 2001. Am I proud of my achievements while being F2P? Of course, but only because I managed to so far stick up to the challenge of dealing with slower leveling and more certain annoyances. You might not think it's the greatest thing in the world, but I've always liked to pose a challenge for myself. Sure P2P has its own challenges, and I give props to them too for those who stepped up to the plate to face them by getting P2P in the beginning. There is no right or wrong way to get skills, no right or wrong way to equip armour and weapons to train, and certainly no right or wrong way to celebrate your achievements. Every goal, regardless of whether your F2P or P2P, is great.

Besides, to be honest, with all the updates we've been getting, leveling on F2P isn't that hard. 40k an hour training melee stats at the Stronghold of Security's Giant Spiders level-50 isn't too bad. Sure it's nothing compared to the 60k+ per hour P2Pers get, but hey, it's still decent. The "Skill-all" option certainly made things easier for EVERYONE. :lol: Fine that our furnaces aren't that close to the bank, fine we don't have that many skills to play with, but that doesn't mean they don't exist anyway.

1. A few years ago I started college/university. For some of you, $5.00 may not seem like a lot, but back then it could've meant two gallons of gas (of course, right now it means a gallon), a small simple meal (which these days can mean over $5.00 now), maybe an item or two of necessities at a store, etc. (coupons for the win) And with the fact I was not working at the time, I couldn't just go and spend the money and time on a game. Because I was focused on my academics, I didn't feel that forking out $5.00 was worth it because I wouldn't make it worthwhile.

2. I have some money now that I saved up from my job back at the university, but now I have to pay an insurance bill that's near $200 bi-monthly, I have a student loan of $5,500 plus interest that I have to start paying soon, I'm unemployed, and the economy is not looking great. I don't want to depend on my parents to give me money to pay my bills, and I certainly don't want them to ask for money to pay for a game because they'll find that utterly unreasonable. If you guys honestly think that $5.00 is easy to come by these days, it's not when you have to think about what financial responsibilities you'll eventually have.

Now don't get me wrong, I have seriously thought about getting members before, but I haven't been able to think of a way to see how I would make it worthwhile and how would it affect me budget wise. If I were to get P2P, I want to make it a good experience, not a "oh man I paid for three months and I haven't had time to play at all, there goes $15.00 down the drain." With the fact I'm planning to go back to uni again to get another degree doesn't make that decision any easier either.

I have nothing against people going P2P, but I do have something against those who diss people who being happy they have obtained their goals on F2P only. How would you like it if I dissed you for reaching your goals on P2P? How would I like it if I followed your threads on the Rate This! board and say, "Oh you're P2P, that's nothing special at all. You guys can get levels so easy. :roll: " I'm pretty sure some of you would say, "Oh I don't care." But there are some that would care too and I don't think you guys would like it.

So really, because of personal circumstances, I can't be a member. But that doesn't mean I can't be proud of my achievements either.

[/hide]QFT

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

...Jeez...just another player trying to play Rune|Scape the way they like to...haha I wonder what would happen if someone split your milk?

Anyway, I guess it has the same concept and idea behind "buying skills".

Some will say "Using the quick way isn't an acheivement"

Others along the lines of "I did it the 'honest' way"

But if you really think about it, there really isn't any acheivement - just two different methods used.

I say let them be, why spoil their fun (or for some challenge)?

"I'd rather bear the comments people say to insult ya, then to poison my skin and erase my culture " - Deep Foundation

Well, some people just aren't able to become members. Besides that part, in members, if you reach level 100, a large portion of people will be in the red. In F2P if you're 100+, almost everyone is green to you. So, you can see that it feels better when you train skills.

[hide=Long post by Forsakenmage]

[/hide]

I agree here. This is very very true.

j0xPu5R.png

yeah they choosed thats why i dont repect people who is like this "i am f2p give me respect, i am leeching the jagex, and yet i want more FREE opdates" -.-

You'd be shocked to find how few actually feel that way. And by the way, f2p isn't leeching from Jagex, they simply just take Jagex up on an offer, how is that leeching? Now, if they had a limited trial offer, and you just kept making new accounts, that would be leeching, but not this.

i know how few feel that way. thats because it's the way I feel(esentily there is only 1 person that feels that way i do) -.- you say it's not leeching. i can tell you that the add that are on f2p dont bring near enough money to pay for the servers and the opdates. they are leeching. but now you got me wrong. not all is leeching, meny of the f2p tiffers is not leeching. they dont make new accounts and dont complain over lack of opdates. but forsakenmage makes a good point. but his type is only like 5% of f2p(in terms of maturity) and my post was also dericted at people who can afford but only choose not to because its "more of an achiement". not at people who can't afford -.-

we're going very offtopic. you can pm with the reply. bacause this got nothing to do with the topic :wall:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Your point was very well made forsakenmage but this thread is definitely not aimed at people who cannot get membership for a certain reason, it is aimed at people who have a choice to go to members but choose not to, to keep their 100% F2P status for 'respect' from other players. Furthermore I am not saying that getting a 99 skill in F2P is not an achievement because it is, I'm just saying I see it as on par with getting a 99 skill in members. It just appears that quite a few F2P players feel their achievements are superior due to the fact they didn't have the benefits members pay for.

Your point was very well made forsakenmage but this thread is definitely not aimed at people who cannot get membership for a certain reason, it is aimed at people who have a choice to go to members but choose not to, to keep their 100% F2P status for 'respect' from other players. Furthermore I am not saying that getting a 99 skill in F2P is not an achievement because it is, I'm just saying I see it as on par with getting a 99 skill in members. It just appears that quite a few F2P players feel their achievements are superior due to the fact they didn't have the benefits members pay for.

hit the head of the nail. thats what people mistaken my post for lol -.-

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Well someone getting a level in F2P is the same amount of exp as someone in P2P.

I don't see why we should think they have more of an acheivement because they chose to make it harder for themselves :?

d8624cb6e2.png

Barrows drops: 1 Karils skirt on first run :twss:

i dont see it much as an achievement more as cant be bothered paying for p2p, its like people that are like "real men wear skirts" in rs its not that real men wear skirts its just they dont have enough for Dlegs.

So at your question no, f2p is not an achievement.

well some people cant get membership and if they can still get high levels then that shows how much work was put into the account. think of how much exp you can get per hour in p2p for any skill, and then think of how much you can get in f2p.

and as for the "real men wear skirts" its a joke...

billybobj282.gif

I find it o be very funny. why do 100% Pure not made from concentrate distillated f2ps think they play the hardest game. Flash news!: We might have some things a bit easier for leveling, but we still have 8 (or is it 9?) more skills to train...

So IMO: 2376 total member is way better then a 1485 total f2p.

For individual achievement, such as a 99, f2ps have it harder, but itwas their choice in the first time.

WarBlastoise.png

I think they stay f2p for a couple reasons.

1. They like the simplicity. f2p is alot simpler than the p2p world which in a way makes f2p a whole different game. Some don't know what to do if they become member.

2.They want the grand satisfaction of leveling their skills on f2p. I think people would get more satisfaction from getting 99 on f2p than p2p due to the fact that theirs less ways to train certain skills, and the fast exp on some skills isn't available to them. It might take longer but it feels good once you achieve it. Too bad you have to be a mem to get a skill cape.

3. They do it because they can't afford it. Some people just can't pay for their membership due to financial reasons.

Thats the only reasons I can think of right now. \'

25632.jpg

Magma_Guard3.png

runescapeboomdeyadasigui7.jpg

I don't mind f2pers unless they're arrogant about it. For example there was this one guy in the rate this forum that got 99 smithing purely on f2p, but didn't boast that he was f2p at all, but you could tell from his stats. He gets a lot of respect from me for not only getting 99 smithing in f2p but also for being so modest about it. But people that get achievements in f2p and constantly boast about it just make me sick.

Range_0r.png

Anyways, BBL OFF TO SLEEP WITH A RACCOON

People who take pride in the fact that they got they're skills "the hard way" and look down on p2pers for their faster training methods are ignorant, neither the f2per or the p2per is really accomplishing anything as all it breaks down to is p2p = click a lot, f2p = click a little more. Wasting your time isn't something you should be proud of.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

People who stay f2p for the status are more worried about what other people think about them than actually playing the game to its fullest. They're free to do it, but it doesn't make sense to me.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Well someone getting a level in F2P is the same amount of exp as someone in P2P.

I don't see why we should think they have more of an acheivement because they chose to make it harder for themselves :?

Why must skillers have respect then? They chose to remain level 3.

P.S. Why should it bother P2P players for another person's choices? I've seen a few posts here, and they basically say, "Pay for extra in-game benefits or you're garbage to me" :wall:

It's silly, it's because they know they will be 'behind' if they subscribe. Some used to not be able to afford it but can now and still won't do it. It's just another part of being a bit of a nerd I guess.

We're all nerds; we play RuneScape. :P

j0xPu5R.png

I consider people who have 100% f2p but had the option to switch to members during their training "Fails." I'm not going to be proud of somebody that made it harder for themselves to achieve their goals just to gain recognition. The only thing that I'm going to think of them is that they are pretty dumb.

Playing for 4 years with only 3 drag drops. most amount of cash ever had: 15m :P

Something tells me im not very good at this game...

Picture1.png

Dragon Drops: 2 D skirt, 1 D med

Barrow Drops:1 Dh helm, 1 Guthan's body.

253+ quest points and counting :)

Click here to be a good person!