100% F2P: An Achievement?

IGrantCI

I am also f2p pure and for one reason mainly. There is a possibility of completing the game in a satisfactory way as f2p but not in p2p.

When I have 99s in all non member skills I can retire happily ( 6 months - 1 years time).

However in p2p Iwould never reach that stage because JAGeX will keep on adding content.

Upthebanner is not my runescape characters name and only two people on this forum know my identity. So I guess I am not proud but I do believe it is a considerable achievement to get 99s in f2p.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am 100% F2P, and have been playing since '06. I don't really see it as an achievement as members could probably reach my stats in a matter of months.

That's why as a pure F2Per, I wouldn't hesitate to get members seeing that its way more fun and there are more of a variety of things to do in. But with that being said, I can not be members as I don't have any way to get it and even if I ask my parents, they would most likely say 'no', because they dislike the time I put into playing this game and paying for it would increase that amount of time. <--- (Run-on sentence?)

xdchickengod.png

xdchickengod.png

With nearly 1300 skill total and over 6 billion I am proud that im pure f2p

I simply won't get p2p because my 80m xp wouldn't look as good on p2p.

Tbh it'd be better if it was on p2p.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

its a lot more harder to level up in f2p and shows that the person has a lot of patience. and, would you rather be a level 120 pure f2p or just another level 129 member?

I'm pretty sure many people would agree on level 129 member....

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I don't respect people for achievements. I respect people for intelligence. If somebody gets 99 fishing by catching sharks, my reaction is more likely to be "Wow lol that was dumb," than "Wow that's incredible," because it shows that they don't really understand the value of time--they could have caught monkfish for the same amount of time and ended up with the same amount of money and a top 20 rank in fishing, but they chose to go the slow way, even though it had no advantages over a faster method. I would have more respect for a player who looked at all the fish they could catch, did tests on speed and profit per hour for all their options, and picked the one that was most efficient for a player of their income level.

Doing something 100% f2p is a greater achievement in the sense that more time was spent on it, but if there wasn't any thought process behind it, it was still mindless clicking. The real achievement is in knowing what you're doing.

Being 100% F2P isn't much of an achievement IMO.

But if you get a 99 stat in F2P or something amazing, then that's something to be proud of. =D>

Achieved 99 Woodcutting on 12/06/08

I'm one of the few that is not going to bash on F2P'ers

on this thread, I'm also 100% F2P.

As many others have said, what I like about F2P is the challenge, the simplicity and the very rare updates.

It's not just because it's hard that we stay F2P. There are alot of factors that stop people from getting members.

For me, it's the time I've spent in F2P, my Friends and my 1+ Year old very successful 100% F2P clan.

On-Topic, I see what I've done in F2P as an achievement and not just the fact that I'm 100% F2P.

P2P and F2P has changed so much that you can almost say we play 2 different games and in my opiniion achievements in either shouldn't be compared with eachother as there are 9 more skills in P2P, individual skills can be compared but not the total levels or Xp. I don't look at how easy it is in members to do something I've done in F2P and then brag about it, I compare with other 100% F2Pers and if I've done it better then I get proud of it.

I don't give a crap if someone disses me, I really don't care what someone has to say about me unless it's constructive criticism or something positive after all we are just humans and we all have different opinions, some less intelligent than others but still different.

I'll always be a proud 100% F2P player! :mrgreen:

You won't understand unless you are one.

Being completely ftp is not an achievement in my opinion.

Many people stay ftp because they think it makes their achievement better than those of members. They think it's something to be proud of.

Other people stay ftp because they don't want to spoil their past ftp achievements by becoming a member.

And there is a small portion of us that believe the free version of the game is truly better than the members one.

At Bini's post:

I am pure ftp and I don't understand why your proud of it. Thats like members saying that they're proud of their membership, it's just what you are and what game you play. You should not be proud or embarased either way.

Does it really matter whether I was right? #-o
This is Tipit. There is nothing more important than being right.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind before you reach eighteen.