Free to Play?? or Watch Ads to Play??

TeamBloody

If theres any players play long enough, they should know there used to be no Ads in the F2p games because it is a Free to play game.

I forget since when Jagex imposes their ads on all F2pers. Something is free means that one has not to pay any cost to have it. But now, All the F2pers are required to watch the Ads as a cost to play Jagex's F2p game.

So... Is F2p now still a F2p game?? or watch Ads to play game?? Discuss.

Fools!! Having Wilderness Pking back is harder than Letting camels pass through the needle's hole!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ads are your way of paying to play the game. If you don't want to buy any of the products or services advertised, I suggest you pay Jagex directly by means of becoming a member.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Well isn't the ad just...there? Its out of the RuneScape client and I fail to see how it can visually mess up your gaming experience.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Change screen resolution to make it larger, then you can scroll down to hide the ad.

Isn't hiding/blocking an advert against rule 15?

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... le_id=2396

OT: I have had the ads for my entire duration as a free player of RuneScape. To avoid lag I just simply right click, select low quality and viola, it's slightly easier to bare...

dilo_1_2.png

It's what I do

6968.png

They make me lag... every time the ad changes, I have to lag for 15seconds otherwise, they dont bother me.

You have one really horrible computer then.

If you people are gonna complain about the ads, while you play a complementary game which gives you hours of entertainments... gtfo? How rude are you? 5 seconds of lag, OMG you might die when killing a lesser demon (sarcasm). You're imposing ON JAGEX. They create 80 or so servers for you guys for free to provide entertainment without costing you a cent...... and you complain? Dude, you are the rudest child i've ever met.

99 Woodcutting Achieved on 17th December 2007

Barrows Drops: 1 x Great Axe; 3 x Brassard; 1 x K Coif; 1x Dh Helm; 2 x Guthans Plate; 1 x Ahrim Hood; 1 x Ahrim Skirt; 2 x Flail; 1 x X-bow; 2 x Dharok Legs.

LMsmallsigcopy.jpg

Sorry everyone.... this topic is not a rant about Ads nor discussing how the Ads affecting players.

No rantings on this topic please.

It is a topic to discuss whether Free to Play now is still Free to play or watch ads to play. Please tell if you think Free World Runescape is Free2Play or watchAds2Play -.-

Fools!! Having Wilderness Pking back is harder than Letting camels pass through the needle's hole!!

Absolutely agreed, Shiv. If you're going to play a game that costs you nothing, and then complain about how it's not up to your standards, well, tough turds for you, little darlin'. The only way you'll be able to play the game is to keep the ads there. Would you rather they took them away? Then we could have a members-only game, and Jagex would likely go out of business after getting no new members for eighteen months, and we could trace it all back to the ads. If they bother you so much, don't play. Jagex won't miss your nonexistent money, but they would miss the ad revenue.

EDIT: TeamBloody, it's obviously free. Watching ads costs you nothing. Hence - and here's the rub - even if it's WatchAds2Play, it's STILL FREE. There's absolutely no difference between the two.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

EDIT: TeamBloody, it's obviously free. Watching ads costs you nothing. Hence - and here's the rub - even if it's WatchAds2Play, it's STILL FREE. There's absolutely no difference between the two.

Agreed there. The reason why this discussion unfurled is because there would be no discussion value otherwise. :?

j0xPu5R.png

The adverts shown with the free-to-play versions of our games are what enable us to keep the free games running! The sponsors who show their adverts there are the ones paying for you to enjoy a free game in the first place, so please don't block them.

Maybe, at the surface level, the current free world is a F2P. However, its not really free at all. Even F2pers are not really paying Jagex to play the game, the sponsors are the ones paying for them.

Back to the past, when theres no Ads at all, I would say free world was a real free game. Before the rule 15 came out, things are just fine and it was still a real free game.

But here, please look at the quotes in details, why aint those companies just pay for their Ads?? Instead, they have to pay for the game for F2pers?? Yes... Jagex doesnt charge F2pers but they charge the Ads company for the f2p game.

I try not to tell why Jagex is making the Ads companies to pay for F2pers because the reason is just too simple. Anyways... F2p and watchAds2play look similar but they are not the same at all.

:lol: This topic fails. I mean, if you aren't happy with something you don't pay for, then quit. You won't have lost anything except time.

The game is still free for you.The ads don't pay for the servers at 100%, members pay for about 25% of it (totally made-up %, but close to reality I think), so, in my opinion, you freeloaders shouldn't complain about anything in the game, but rather for your inability to pay (for whatever reason). :roll:

WarBlastoise.png

:lol: This topic fails. I mean, if you aren't happy with something you don't pay for, then quit. You won't have lost anything except time.

The game is still free for you.The ads don't pay for the servers at 100%, members pay for about 25% of it (totally made-up %, but close to reality I think), so, in my opinion, you freeloaders shouldn't complain about anything in the game, but rather for your inability to pay (for whatever reason). :roll:

I dont know how I mess you up but just sorry for messing you up anyways. I was a P2P and been quited rs for few months. So the Ads are not really bothering me.

Anyways, your questions are a bit rude to all F2pers and I dont even know why F2pers/P2pers make a matter on this topic -.-

Huh... you say the game is still free for F2pers and you know Ads are the groups partly paying for the 'F2P' servers. So I guess you will agree that 'F2P' is not really free; Jagex just not charge F2pers money, but their time to watch the Ads.

I dont know how I mess you up but just sorry for messing you up anyways. I was a P2P and been quited rs for few months. So the Ads are not really bothering me.

Anyways, your questions are a bit rude to all F2pers and I dont even know why F2pers/P2pers make a matter on this topic -.-

Huh... you say the game is still free for F2pers and you know Ads are the groups partly paying for the 'F2P' servers. So I guess you will agree that 'F2P' is not really free; Jagex just not charge F2pers money, but their time to watch the Ads.

You don't have to concentrate on the ads. They are there, but you still can concentrate on the game window.

And people who get free things but whine over it mess me up as someone who receives a birthday present and then is arguing with the person who gave the present because it's not what they wanted.

WarBlastoise.png

Change screen resolution to make it larger, then you can scroll down to hide the ad.

Isn't hiding/blocking an advert against rule 15?

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... le_id=2396

The ad would still be there, it's just off screen

I'm pretty sure you can ignore the ads either way. Nothing really stops anyone from avoiding looking at them.

It really is free though, you don't pay to watch an ad, do you?

It really is free though, you don't pay to watch an ad, do you?

This topic really doesnt care if you like the Ads or not. It doesnt care if the Ads bother you any or not. Its not about rants nor talking about the content of the Ads. This topic is just for discuss whether the current free world is F2P or watchAds2play.

Yes, you dont pay to watch an ad, but you are supposed to watch the ads in order for the ads to pay the game for you.

Just think of a birthday present example here:

On your birthday party, a guy came to give you a present for free. However, you have to watch his Ad in order to receive that 'free' present. He was claiming that if you dont watch his Ad, then hes not giving you the present.

In this case, is that present really 'free'?? or not??

I'm sorry but when were there no ads in the game? I honestly can't remember a time when F2P didn't have adverts, why did you suddenly get all up in arms about a couple of adverts?

Just think of a birthday present example here:

On your birthday party, a guy came to give you a present for free. However, you have to watch his Ad in order to receive that 'free' present. He was claiming that if you dont watch his Ad, then hes not giving you the present.

In this case, is that present really 'free'?? or not??

RuneScape is nothing like a birthday present, nor has it ever been. Its a service, not a gift.

Honestly I don't see why all this hair splitting is happening, quite ridiculous

jagexvote.png :thumbsup:

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php][img=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/mr_moocky/jagexvote.png][/url]

And people who get free things but whine over it mess me up as someone who receives a birthday present and then is arguing with the person who gave the present because it's not what they wanted.

Mr. Jsboutin2 is the first person who mention about the birthday present stuff. Somehow I wanna ask him how he come up a birthday idea thingy to compare with runescape.

I'm sorry but when were there no ads in the game? I honestly can't remember a time when F2P didn't have adverts, why did you suddenly get all up in arms about a couple of adverts?

Maybe theres already ads since the beginning of runescape. However, Jagex did not force F2pers to watch their ads in the past. But now... the creation of rule15 somehow implies that F2pers have to watch ads in order to play their games.

Mr. Jsboutin2 is the first person who mention about the birthday present stuff. Somehow I wanna ask him how he come up a birthday idea thingy to compare with runescape.

I just wanted to point out that it isn't very polite to say bad things about something you have for free.

I could have said:

It's like someone who is offered a dinner in a great french restaurant, but once he ordered his food, he says "In fact, I think I would have preffered to go to this Italian restaurant on the other side of the street.

The fact is: If you are not happy about something free, don't whine, and stop if it's that bad...

Watching ads=free so wa2p=f2p

WarBlastoise.png

It is free because you arent forced to watch the ads, theyre just there. And if u make a point about ads, then google isnt free either, it has ads all over to pay for YOU searching. this is probably the worst debate ive ever seen, theres no basis to your argument......and looking at the posts youve made instead of responding to somones argument you tell them that its not what ure talking about...

oh and kid, NOTHING IS FREE, get over it.

Edit: rule 15 does not say you have to watch the ads, just means you cant block them. As in the ad companies wouldnt pay jagex a penny without that rule. Cause jagex would have nothing set in stone to say that their players watch those ads.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

Jagex already has funorb to eat peoples money not to mention the increase in membership. and this new jagex store with the rs novel :lol: . i'm not saying completely cut out ads but at least get rid of the ones they make you watch before you login now.

monoclesmilecopy.jpg