Free to Play?? or Watch Ads to Play??

TeamBloody

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be so bothered by watching a 10 second ad if it weren't the same one over...and over...and over. Of if they weren't solely for FunOrb. Cause then it would actually MAKE Jagex some money instead of "Oh, FunOrb seems like fun"....having maybe 10 people sign up for it.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

I wouldn't be so bothered by watching a 10 second ad if it weren't the same one over...and over...and over. Of if they weren't solely for FunOrb. Cause then it would actually MAKE Jagex some money instead of "Oh, FunOrb seems like fun"....having maybe 10 people sign up for it.

Which 10 second ad is this?

If you don't want to see it, then pay. Just be happy this isn't a game where you MUST pay.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

It really is free though, you don't pay to watch an ad, do you?

This topic really doesnt care if you like the Ads or not. It doesnt care if the Ads bother you any or not. Its not about rants nor talking about the content of the Ads. This topic is just for discuss whether the current free world is F2P or watchAds2play.

Yes, you dont pay to watch an ad, but you are supposed to watch the ads in order for the ads to pay the game for you.

Just think of a birthday present example here:

On your birthday party, a guy came to give you a present for free. However, you have to watch his Ad in order to receive that 'free' present. He was claiming that if you dont watch his Ad, then hes not giving you the present.

In this case, is that present really 'free'?? or not??

Oh definitely, Watching a 10 second AD once for access to entertainment that lasts over 10 secs is totally free.

F2P will still be F2P, anyways you only watch it once a day.

Mutaliisk.png

If this has already been stated- then excuse me.

But when I play on the free account pure, I just scroll down the game, I see the bottom 1/10th at best of the ad, not even close to enough to make out the ad. JaGex gets paid to puts the ad there, not for how many times people see it. (Sure, the more people that go there raise incentive to put the ad there, but it's not direct.) So I'd still call it free to play.

Picture3-1-1-1.jpg

Just think of a birthday present example here:

On your birthday party, a guy came to give you a present for free. However, you have to watch his Ad in order to receive that 'free' present. He was claiming that if you dont watch his Ad, then hes not giving you the present.

In this case, is that present really 'free'?? or not??

Would you rather have to pay $5 a month period or watch a 10 second ad.

Plus, you invest 10 seconds to play a free game.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?