streetbmx4

Why Is Fist of Guthix So Unbalance

If you are playing in f2p I think is the simple numbers game. Lower level players > Higher level players. I'm 96 and usually get paired up with no one over 60 when I'm at FOG :lol: . As far as matching people I don't think there is anything to it just random.

derrick44444.png

derrick44444.png

Wc'ing my way to 99 (Wish me luck)

then raise your combat or don't play.

/thread

Yeah tbh you really are wasting your time at FOG at lvl 20. You can't be racking up many tokens. Go out and train your combat and skills then do some fog?

derrick44444.png

derrick44444.png

Wc'ing my way to 99 (Wish me luck)

I owned badly, when FOG came out, I was cmb 34-35, I was 1 def 1 pray, I owned ppl badly for 2 weeks, I owned people lvl 50-100 all the time, until 2 weeks of its release was over and I got bored, spent 595 tokens, uncharged everything, I was lvl 38, I sold the items for about 400kish. I still got the pictures of kills.

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

To answer you question, the answer is yes. Jagex lowers the stats of higher leveled people than you for a reason: to try and balance it. I have 80 HP, but a level 40 can hit 13s and 14s and pull my HP down to 30% in no time.

Here are some suggestions, though:

Learn how to avoid getting hit so much.

Try to outsmart the higher level player.

Level up until you are level 80+.

Do something about the problem, or don't ever complain.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

then raise your combat or don't play.

/thread

Exactly. In Runescape, the more time you spend augmenting your levels and abilities, the more advantages you will have in the game.

Fist of Guthix is about strategy. I've seen lvl 40's beat lvl 120's. They put the houses and different objects in the mini-game for a reason didn't they?

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

OT: bballer, I ask the very same question as the one in your sig. :wall:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Your combat really doesn't matter in FoG. A level 3 could beat a 138. :\

Highly unlikely. Sure, strategy plays a big role, but so do stats. Being 91 Str and 90 Att, it's much easier to KO someone with a few DDS specs than if I was weaker. Same goes for having high Hitpoints and Defence.

If the 138 loses connection or is Afk. Yes combat does matter. I was paired with a lvl 10 and I'm 108. When he was hunting me I killed him (how's he supposed to beat that?)

1288581197250-1.jpg

If you have a strategy anyone can win in FOG regardless of level. Good luck.

That's like saying a level 3 can score a point in Castle Wars on a full world. Possible, but more rare than Christmas Crackers. There are exceptions to everything you know, but generally speaking higher combat is definitely one of the best advantages in PVP.

It's so I can rack up 100 rating in 10 minutes from level 10's trying to punch through 82 defence and 78 hitpoints. They usually end up quitting :(

I play for fun though, I really don't care either way, but I usually lose 1 of about every 50 games played. I'm yet to play in a members world though.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

*I'm not trying to be mean here*

Well, you're a low level. You will be affected by hits more than higher leveled players. It's really the way it is. :(

j0xPu5R.png

The game may be about strategy (and a bit of luck), but the fundamental building block of any defense in fog is to spend the maximum amount of time collecting points, and even if you ar enever attacked, the maximum time you can be hunted is determined by your hitpoints.

The game is quite balenced though, unless some over eager low level (under 30 I'd say) trys to play in which case, no its not balenced just like every other game. People work for their levels and the advantages that go with them, so naturaly even in a game devoted to the god of balence, levels will always give you an edge.

its not because when you are in the middle your stats are horrid when you are hunted and it just takes some skill to beat anyone.

billybobj282.gif

On my lvl 23 I usually have to face high lvls (mage xp for free :D)

Usually win unless its 90+

On my acc (102) I face lvl 40sa ll the time ::'

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I faced a lvl 3 before (I'm lvl 101 f2p). In these cases combat does matter, I one hit him with addy arrows, and he maged me while I sat at center for 5000 charges(he was lvl 6 combat by the end)

1z2zrwo.jpg

Train your combat and think of some strategy. The first time I did Fist of Guthix I got paired with a 48 and I was 96. Thought it was going to be easy but the 48 beat me. :oops: Didn't know the hunted had his stats lowered. At least Jagex gave that as an advantage. ;)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

It is balanced except for the whole hitpoints thing. i have 85 hp plus 75 in bandages. that is 160 hp that needs to be knocked off. whereas a lvl 3 had 85 hp total.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

It is balanced except for the whole hitpoints thing. i have 85 hp plus 75 in bandages. that is 160 hp that needs to be knocked off. whereas a lvl 3 had 85 hp total.

How can you heal 15 with a bandage on 10 hp? It's no 85, it's a max of 55 if he always heal at 1 hp. also fog fail because you gain magic exp... Theres so many idiots just trying to train mage that it ruin the fun. -_- Fog was fun the 1st weeks it came out.

oie_080707215636np9.png

How can you heal 15 with a bandage on 10 hp? It's no 85, it's a max of 55 if he always heal at 1 hp. also fog fail because you gain magic exp... Theres so many idiots just trying to train mage that it ruin the fun. -_- Fog was fun the 1st weeks it came out.

ouch sorry... dang it :oops:

It is not a lvl 3 anymore. lets call it a lvl 15 with 16hp.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

theres just a lot of low level people and not very high level people to make a balance and i'm fairly sure that theres no matchmaking criteria for FOG. besides most high level wouldnt waste there time with FOG and just buy the weapons uncharged, play a little bit, reload and go on their way

monoclesmilecopy.jpg