Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do we need more "Ultimate" weapons?

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

D Jay99
[ Display Name History ]

D Jay99

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,105 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:D Jay99
No, monsters die fast as it is. With stronger weapons they'd also have to make the monsters stronger.
Posted Image

vettro
[ Display Name History ]

vettro

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
No. Not for combat at least. You got your 4 Godswords that can hit 70-80. Happy?

What needs some help is range. The crossbow update was a move in the right direction but you still don't really have many options. Crystal bow, dark bow, rune c'bow and mage bows? C'mon.

Mage could get a special staff or something with some casts that could only be done with that special staff. Maybe a quest reward? I don't really know about mage.
Posted Image

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

What needs some help is range. The crossbow update was a move in the right direction but you still don't really have many options. Crystal bow, dark bow, rune c'bow and mage bows? C'mon.

Bolts really make up for that. Emerald Bolts have poison, Ruby drains a tenth your health to take off a fifth of your opponent's remaining health, Diamond is more or less Verac's, Onyx is pretty much Guthan's, and Dragonstone is Dragonfire.

vettro
[ Display Name History ]

vettro

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 595 posts
Point taken but the lack of options as a main weapon is surprising considering all the updates for melee.
Posted Image

Rookverse
[ Display Name History ]

Rookverse

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 26 posts
godswords are kinda overrated. you dont see 71 hits every single time you fire off an armadyl special. and i find i hit more zeros with gs then whip, and vice versa when someone uses a gs against me i find veracs more accurate, but once in a while you can get lucky and hit a high 40 with gs if have 90+ str. i prefer whip/rune def or dfs over gs. i have 90 atk and str

Grogthurk
[ Display Name History ]

Grogthurk

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • RSN:Grogthurk
I vote for good claws :D What about fist weapons that allow your punching to be incredibly powerful?

top_lel_face.png

grumpysmurf
[ Display Name History ]

grumpysmurf

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
Although I would love to see a new melee weapon, with an increase in atk to use, there's not much point. Were already near capping with godswords, and you can hit over cap with dh. Range doesn't need newer items imo either. People speccin with a dbow and hitting 47,48 is high enough for them. Mage on the other hand could probably use a few upgrades.

Decid3
[ Display Name History ]

Decid3

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 13 posts

I still think we need more weapons that replace whips. I don't think we need an "Ultimate weapon", but we do need something that hits much greater at the same speed, and uses tactics and precision timing hotkey presses in order to use it to its max.

you expect rs players to have the skill of a wow player? :lol:
Psionic Elem - friend stole it and sold it to a school mate...wellplayed
2 7 3 - i go on a break and forget the pw...imsmart
T 3 R R 3 T - waiting to fail :P

Danno385
[ Display Name History ]

Danno385

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Danno385
  • Clan:Runescapions
Nope! no ultimate things. I think if there should be an ultimate it should have twins like the godswords or for us non members god armour. Thats why 3 gods works so well.

W00T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!100th post!!!!!!!!!!!!
In fact, I do have some pancake mix.
Posted Image
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gGMc3tWhuY0

Owned_Nex
[ Display Name History ]

Owned_Nex

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,098 posts
No

Those "insane" melee hits in VIDS stereotype Melee. You don't hit 50+ every hit with GS.

DH? Not practical. If someone runs in with 5 hp, a think a recoil might just get him.

Look at range...or magic.

Dark bows are pretty much DH, without the HP loss. What if Jagex told you that you had to have under 10% hp to use D bow spec.

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.
I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.
PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.
My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Kellis
[ Display Name History ]

Kellis

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 833 posts

I vote for good claws :D What about fist weapons that allow your punching to be incredibly powerful?

Woohoo! Wolverine! 8-)

But no, I don't think a more powerful weapon is needed. As someone on the first page suggested (sorry I don't remember who), a possible idea would be a weapon that isn't more powerful than a godsword but that has a unique look to indicate its wielder's high combat level. Glowing godsword, anyone? :roll:

Posted Image

killerbeer0
[ Display Name History ]

killerbeer0

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,005 posts
  • RSN:Nelvaan
Making the Dark Bow faster makes a ranged ultimate weapon.

As of now it gets me the same xp as a magic shortbow, if only it was 2h speed at accurate...
OH S***! He/she/it is back!

Owned_Nex
[ Display Name History ]

Owned_Nex

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,098 posts

As of now it gets me the same xp as a magic shortbow, if only it was 2h speed at accurate...

Um. You don't get that much exp with dark bow lol.

killerbeer0
[ Display Name History ]

killerbeer0

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,005 posts
  • RSN:Nelvaan

I've been using it and I've tested it. Extensively.

Have you? I doubt it. Please, don't assume I'm an idiot because I have a view (supported with facts) that differs from yours (which is incorrect no less!).
OH S***! He/she/it is back!

Owned_Nex
[ Display Name History ]

Owned_Nex

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,098 posts

I've been using it and I've tested it. Extensively.

Have you? I doubt it. Please, don't assume I'm an idiot because I have a view (supported with facts) that differs from yours (which is incorrect no less!).

I can tell you have not. The thing with dark bow is that it is MUCH slower, but shoots two arrows. In the short run, you MIGHT be able to get just less of MSB. In the long run, the msb will fire much faster, an genrally do more damage.

BTW, where are your "facts"? :ohnoes:

rehsa
[ Display Name History ]

rehsa

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 25 posts
If an "ultimate" weapon was to be introduced to melee in the current circumstances, IE within the next couple of months or so, then yes it would be pretty much unbalanced. However, I remember when granite maul was released, it was the best weapon in the game and everybody wanted one because it could hit so unbelieveably high and had such a great special (20 x 2). Now, a couple of years on, granite mauls cost something stupid like 20k and are pretty much useless against decent players. This is partly because better weapons have come out, but also because many new armours have been released, increasing the amount of damage that players can take and shoving the granite maul down to the lower-level end of the game.

I believe the same sort of thing will happen in the future. I doubt the hitpoints skill itself will ever be able to be trained above 99, but perhaps in the future there will be armours giving +800 slash defence or giving a visible +10 hp bonus or a +50% hp regeneration bonus. Against those sorts of armours godswords would be nearly as useless as the granite maul is against the current top-level armours. If those sorts of armours are introduced we will most certainly need new weapons and new ways to deal damage.

But in the near future I think we will be seeing vast improvements to magic, range can deal extreme damage, albeit very innacurately, and melee has both the benefit of increased defence and high damage, but apart from crowd control and some miscellaneous lunar spells, mage is far less effective than it really should be. I think we will be seeing new range armours and weapons, maybe spells that require weapons, maybe some combat spells that require quests, however I doubt there will be a new spellbook since three is enough to deal with. We may even be seeing a complete re-work of magic.

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts

I believe the same sort of thing will happen in the future. I doubt the hitpoints skill itself will ever be able to be trained above 99, but perhaps in the future there will be armours giving +800 slash defence or giving a visible +10 hp bonus or a +50% hp regeneration bonus. Against those sorts of armours godswords would be nearly as useless as the granite maul is against the current top-level armours. If those sorts of armours are introduced we will most certainly need new weapons and new ways to deal damage.

I do think the visible +10 Hp bonus is definitely a possibility. Look at the Ogre Spas. One of the spa boosts your HP temporary by a couple of levels. Now just imagine an armor with an ability to boost it even higher. The Hitpoints Cape can boost it by one extra level, so maybe we can have armor that boosts it by even more and they can stack. :D

rehsa
[ Display Name History ]

rehsa

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 25 posts
Yes, I think it's more likely that Jagex will introduce armours that give permanent HP boosts than armours which have +800 slash defence. If we have "ultimate" armours with +800 defence it will enable new weapons to be introduced but it will mean that godswords will be hitting into the 40s max and weapons like granite maul will end up hitting around 10 max. HP-boosting armours will not only enable new weapons to be introduced, they won't take away the "fun" of the current WMDs, Godswords will still be able to hit 70s and it'll enable new weapons to hit into the 100s.

Kingkapugen
[ Display Name History ]

Kingkapugen

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 283 posts

No. Not for combat at least. You got your 4 Godswords that can hit 70-80. Happy?

Mage could get a special staff or something with some casts that could only be done with that special staff. Maybe a quest reward? I don't really know about mage.

Yes! I think melée doesn't need anymore help and either dose mage mages have ancients range deft. Need update

snowball
[ Display Name History ]

snowball

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 292 posts
I have a couple of opinions on this. First of all, The godsword is quite strong, but the level difference from it and the whip is too small. Maybe the GS could have a higher requirement to use IMO. Also, adding more weapons would be good, but eventually, the weapons will get too strong. I like what they did for PvP worlds: Add strong weapons and armour, but give it a requirement (such as PvP worlds only). Maybe what they can do is have a weapon that is quite strong, but only able to be used in certain situations, such as a powered up version of darklight. It can only attack demons, but has incredible stats and spec. That way, more can be added with less of an effect on fighting other things
Posted Image
Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users