Do we need more "Ultimate" weapons?

Zierro

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to add more weapons which have different effects, like spirit shields, with certain percentages, or different alternative abilities that make them rival, but not overtake, whips and godswords.

2Xeo5.png

you guys are saying that we cant because of our hp restraints.

that can only be avoided if

a. we get more hp (doesnt stop at 99) which is a debate of its own. OR

b. we get better armour to negate the effect of these massive attack bonuses.

Yes. Im a low level F2P, but its ok because Jesus loves me

Blackey120.png

Blackey120.png

245b84963c.png

Member of the Runescape Order of Jedi Knights|Click here for forums

• 1 month later...
They need to add more weapons which have different effects, like spirit shields, with certain percentages, or different alternative abilities that make them rival, but not overtake, whips and godswords.

Agreed, I am partial to the idea of a weapon with a really high speed but really awful stats. Possibly a rapier?

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Agreed, I am partial to the idea of a weapon with a really high speed but really awful stats. Possibly a rapier?

I had an idea going for really low damage weapons (<=0 strength) that had excellent accuracy (150-250+) and really high strength weapons (>VLS+) with low accuracy (<=0) for the upper tier weapons. They wouldn't be the best all around, but they'd still be worth using in some places. The attack one was a rapier :D

• 2 weeks later...

No. I thought with the low-ish requirement of the Godsword and it's power that it would be too much power and unbalence the game. Anything more and its pointless to even go with a whip

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

If we have ultimate armour to counterbalance ultimate weapons what's the point in having ultimate weapons?

For bragging rights? :roll:

:lol:

Runescapers love to boast. Admit it. Heck, just about anyone on Earth loves to boast. "i hav this buroow armoor u n00b cos u dun hav this borow armorr hah n00by n0ob fRo0B."

Because, pures don't have ultimate armor, thats why.

Didums, they cant wear rune, dragon or barrows but its there choice to do that, isn't it?

Pures are already fighting people with ultimate weapons so nothing will change for pures.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

Before we have more "Ultimate" weapons, we need to have "Ultimate armor" to balance things out. The damage reduction on the blessed shields is step forward.

Now who honestly has 300m+ JUST for a shield these days?

Popoto.~<3

Thanks Klank, for bringing up the other types of combat. I forgot about that, so I edited it into the first post.

Ands to Dudy, that's a good idea. Having a powerful-all-owning-weapon sounds cool, but really it probably wouldn't be too great for the game. I think we should get more powerful but limited weapons. :)

Best idea I heard in.. forever? Credits to all above-posters.

Limited weapons can work in different ways.

Set-items ofcourse (stolen from o-so-many games), carying items for set-effects, example of having 2 items of the set increases magic defence by 25%, being a great alternative to d-hides for example. Might have crappy stats, but a very specific use, against infernal mages for example or many slayer monsters.

This allows for a huuuuuuge new rank of both armour and weapons, allowing many many new items to enter the game in a rare fashioned way and give decently high (85-90) requirements. A thing like barrows, but different, more specific and probaly more powerfull effects.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

My point is if godswords and stuff can deal over 80 damage, a "ultimate" weapon might deal over 99 HP, and if you would need ultimate armor to counter that, then everyone WITHOUT the ultimate armor (namely pures) would get owned.

Even people with maybe barrows might be able to die in one combat round, which would suck.

Anyway, unless its damage reducing, ultimate armor would still not counter an ultimate weapon.

O.O

My point is if godswords and stuff can deal over 80 damage, a "ultimate" weapon might deal over 99 HP, and if you would need ultimate armor to counter that, then everyone WITHOUT the ultimate armor (namely pures) would get owned.

Even people with maybe barrows might be able to die in one combat round, which would suck.

Anyway, unless its damage reducing, ultimate armor would still not counter an ultimate weapon.

Makes sense.

However I think an ultimate weapon would be extremely rare. Perhaps even rarer than the ownage shields currently out, and it's not everyday you see one of those.

Zerker_jane.png