Improvement to Dropping items: THIS IS SIMPLE YET GREAT!

Dire_Wolf

That would be nice :D I support!

If someone who posts says "This is bad or misses something" i am gonna flame that person real bad.

This has potential, I guess. What if you lagged or something and dropped an item you didn't mean to, but because of lagg you didn't realise. When I lagg I occasionally get items stuck on my cursor even when I'm not holding the left button.

Sounds pretty funky though.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Expand on this, it has great potential: If you want to 'use' an item on something in the game world, you drag and drop it onto whatever you want to use it on. Then your character walks over and performs the action. Also, if you drag and drop it somewhere on the ground, you character will walk over and drop it there (if it's droppable).

~ W ~

sigzi.png

What about items with the destroy option?

What about items with the destroy option?

What about a destroy option?

There a prompt to confirm you wish to destroy an item, which there is no prompt when you drop and item. So should destroying an item have the same command?

I know that, but it has no good for this suggestion:

Destroy items: mostly quest items and holiday items= They are not items that is needed to "Super Drop"

It's items like brews, super reestores, and vials and so on that people use in "Critical situations" that need "Fast dropping"

I know that, but it has no good for this suggestion:

Destroy items: mostly quest items and holiday items= They are not items that is needed to "Super Drop"

It's items like brews, super reestores, and vials and so on that people use in "Critical situations" that need "Fast dropping"

That's true. But what about bank clearing? You want to get rid of that Lunar Set quickly, but that's a lot of clicks.

Even so, you should probably make a note about destroy-items in your post.

What's point with making a post of destroy-items when you drag drop you will get "Destroy?"

I dont get it. You can just destroy it.

But if this drag and hold and release gonna work on destroy-items, they should become "Not-destroy" items :-#

What's point with making a post of destroy-items when you drag drop you will get "Destroy?"

But if this drag and hold and release gonna work on destroy-items, they should become "Not-destroy" items :-#

Mmm, I don't think you get what I'm trying to confirm, although that's probably my fault.

Destroy items have a confirmation screen when you try to destroy. That's because it can be difficult and/or expensive to get another. Plus with the destroy option, you can't get a double of the item easily. That's the point of the destroy option.

Now my question to you is, would there still be a confirmation screen when dragging to drop? I personally don't think so, since you can easily risk the same with non-destroy items. But since you can't get the item back, perhaps there should be?

Mmm, I don't think you get what I'm trying to confirm, although that's probably my fault.

Destroy items have a confirmation screen when you try to destroy. That's because it can be difficult and/or expensive to get another. Plus with the destroy option, you can't get a double of the item easily. That's the point of the destroy option.

Now my question to you is, would there still be a confirmation screen when dragging to drop? I personally don't think so, since you can easily risk the same with non-destroy items. But since you can't get the item back, perhaps there should be?

I would say: why not?

But i dont see "Destroy items" as items that people used in critical situations like bosses or things like that. But id say keep it.

That would be nice :D I support!

If someone who posts says "This is bad or misses something" i am gonna flame that person real bad.

This is bad or misses something. ::'

No, actually, it's a really good idea.

I support

You might want to add a drop-all option, though. It would really help with powermining.

Sure it would help, but it then there would be almost no challenge to powermining. At least with the drag-and-drop you still have to click more than once with your mouse.

You got my support. However when you say optional, do you mean you can set it as a setting? or you just give people two ways of doing it?

I think there should be some kinda dialogue made with a NPC, or option in the option screen to select. That way we wont have a bunch of people dropping and loosing stuff they wanted to keep, then getting all mad because of it.

But yah, great idea SirHemen :thumbsup:

acantha.gif

Stephen Hawking is now a honorary member of the Runecrafting Guild. He was also given a free sex change from the Make-over Mage.

off topic but woot im in 2 peoples siggys >.>

Make that 3!

support, i love these simple,-easy,-new,-and-better ways-to-do-things threads

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

Brilliant. =D>

I believe that you should however be able to toggle it since some may prefer the old way. One other thing, if you can drop the item without getting to click anything will you continue to do a task? Example: You are fishing and as you catch a fish you throw another out. Potentially very easy training. I will not say whether that is good or bad, just pointing out a fact.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Brilliant. =D>

I believe that you should however be able to toggle it since some may prefer the old way. One other thing, if you can drop the item without getting to click anything will you continue to do a task? Example: You are fishing and as you catch a fish you throw another out. Potentially very easy training. I will not say whether that is good or bad, just pointing out a fact.

Throwing items out of bag while doing a task will only make skill more shallow (Hope thats right word) and easier and less realistic.

So no :shame:

Alternativ: You fish, then you get a fish, you throw it out (At this you stop fishing), then fish is on floor>you continue fishing...

But then again, it's much easier to fish full bag=and DROP em all fast than doing this #-o