Andylax38's 9 Lob Bursting/Barraging Guide

andylax38

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, was not expecting this my first AOW guide. Thanks everyone for supporting my guide hope it helped out some of my fellow tifers.

~>~Check Out My Bursting Guide~<~

Current goals - 99 Slayer, 99 Summoning, 85 Dungeoneering

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

Great guide, but I feel the Arcane Spirit Shield should be mentioned under equipment.

Thanks I appreciate it. Yea there are a few things I need to update and add, been a while since I originally wrote it.

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

• 4 weeks later...

Another piece of equipment you might consider bringing in inventory (or as shield slot) is the falador diary reward shield to save even more prayer potions. Since I find it hard to burst for a long time per day, this extra 99 points of prayer (translates to a 3 dose prayer potion) each day would be excellent in prolonging my trip and thus more charms per trip.

alright. once, there was a family of the dad, Joe, the mom, Sue and the son Jim. one day they were sitting at the breakfast table eating pancakes. the next thing they knew, 3 giant penguins came in and bit their heads off. they died. the end

Another piece of equipment you might consider bringing in inventory (or as shield slot) is the falador diary reward shield to save even more prayer potions. Since I find it hard to burst for a long time per day, this extra 99 points of prayer (translates to a 3 dose prayer potion) each day would be excellent in prolonging my trip and thus more charms per trip.

Gotta have 99 prayer to get 99 points from it, but it might not be a terrible option. I'll look into it, haven't actually finished the diary yet.

Gotta have 99 prayer to get 99 points from it, but it might not be a terrible option. I'll look into it, haven't actually finished the diary yet.

I think most people dont realise how important weight is. The shield is yet another item that ups your weight, making you have to walk even more. Seriously, what's saving 6k a day, compared to wasting a few mills. Nothing. I'd say the shield is TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT. Less weight > saving 6k/day.

How do you make the trips last so long? I tried a few days back and used half of the p pots I had for only 500 casts :(

Its just getting experienced with luring. Dont pray on the first three. Stop praying after the dag trap and if you have a distance between you and the rock lobs. You should use 3-6 ppots per lure when you get used to it.

How do you make the trips last so long? I tried a few days back and used half of the p pots I had for only 500 casts :(

Its just getting experienced with luring. Dont pray on the first three. Stop praying after the dag trap and if you have a distance between you and the rock lobs. You should use 3-6 ppots per lure when you get used to it.

Think he meant Prayer Points not ppots but yea basically what he said. Only prayer when necessary, it just takes a little time to get the routine down. You'll figure it out eventually, also you could switch to a veracs skirt when luring to boost you prayer bonus but this will make your character heavier therefore sacrificing some energy so it's up to you.

Fantastic Guide! I really like how you took the time and effort to make a statistics analysis on the gp per charms.

A definate 10/10 and I will for sure check this guide out again when I start bursting Lobsters. :thumbsup:

[spoiler=Goals]GeneralTedd.png

GeneralTedd.pngGeneralTedd.png

[] 30m

[] Chaotic Rapier

[] Chaotic Crossbow

[] Chaotic Kiteshield

[] 50m

[] D Claws

Thanks ligor really appreciate the comment, felt the statistics were needed for a guide like this and I've got a mathematical mind so it helps me to see data organized like that too. Glad to hear your trips are going better ranger keep it up. Thanks to everyone for the comments, btw just added statistics for barraging to the guide so check it out if your interested

You don't need that much magic att bonus... I've made several trips to the lobs now, both with full void mage and prayer-boosting, weight-reducing gear. My friend also compared full mage-boosting gear to the lesser gear... the results were the same...

When it comes to comparing the costs of things at the lobsters, you wanna calculate it in terms of average amount of spells per roundup. Like, when ice barraging - most of the time it takes 13 barrages to destroy a roundup (9 lobsters). When using all 3 different styles (void/max mage att/lightweight-pray), the average amount of barrages was always 13, proving that magic att bonus is insignificant. I wear...

God mitre

God stole

Ahrim top

Ahrim bottom

Zammy book

Mystic water staff (saves like 96gp per cast + autocast loses its edge after about 8 spells every roundup)

Spottier cape

Penance gloves

Boots of lightness

Ring of life

So this leaves me with a whopping +20 prayer bonus, only 6kg of weight, and the same magic power as the highest possible magic att bonus setup. Plus, there's no need to switch any armor while running around to conserve prayer.

I also bring a bunyip with me and forget about blood spells (mostly cuz they make me lose track of ice barrage average calculations). since raw lobsters are a 100% drop and bunyips let you eat raw food, you don't need to worry about healing after each roundup if the bunyip's being too slow. plus the bunyip never strays and attacks lobsters unlike the other familiars. also you can pick up and use all 9 raw lobsters on the bunyip to convert them into water runes while you wait for lobsters to respawn and you wait for energy to go back up. Since I only carry 6kg of weight, I'm always at 100% energy before the next roundup. Also, I get about 3.5k water runes per trip from doing that (I can only tolerate 1k barrages per trip).

I also use up 6.5 prayer pots per 1k barrages but the cost of prayer pots compared to barrages is negligible.

more info (where I learned about the different equipment setup):

77yLQy8.png

Very interesting, I really like that setup, it never occurred to me that bursting without max mage bonus might actually be just as effective. A lightweight setup would really speed up the trips and be just as cost effective. If I had the cash to go for 99 summoning I'd do trips of barrage with a setup close to yours and see what my data turned out like. Be a while before I make that kind of money unless I could somehow unload my d claws for 100m but anyway I appreciate the info. I'll get around to updating the guide with an alternative setup like that. I've considered using a bunyip before just never actually did, figured it would pull the lobs out and the fact that I'd have to take like 3-4 pouches to last a full trip. Seems like it would work well for shorter trips though. All very interesting, I'll have to get around to testing it myself when I get some more free time.

I think this is the first guide that's ever really helped me with this! Much thanks! :thumbsup:

Most other guides on this I've read have simply made no sense (Doesn't help that I've never even seen a rock lobster I guess)

I think you've persuaded me to give bursting a go for my charms... I want my 99 as fast as possible :D

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to those who think they've found it.

Rusty_TiTin.png

Thanks for the guide mate worked quite well i was bursting for mage xp rather then charms (going for 99) i took some sacred clay armour with me really helped me get alot of xp ended up getting around 200k xp in 750 casts (wasnt using clay the whole time but for around 500 or so) the only downside is it takes up alot of invent space.

heroclixplay.png

heroclixplay.png

heroclixplay.pngVisage!!! 24/1/08

Fire cape acheived 8:48 pm 9/10/07