Meat lovers vs. Vegetarians

shooterbob7

Ok, i love animals, but i do do eat meat. What i don't get is why do people not eat meat? First of

all, you may not like meat because of the way they kill them or that they should be free, but if you think about it, vegetables are living creatures too.They are made of cells and grow. So why eat a living vegetable but not a piece of juicy steak? :mrgreen: Also, if you are vegetarian, why do you eat foods in the shape of meat like veggie burgers and veggie dogs.Your trying to back away from meat, not be hippocritical. the irony!

shooterbob7.png

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda conflicted. Eating meat will give me a nice filled body but like the buddhists, I respect all forms of life.

also a lot of people don't eat meat partly because meat is handled terribly in the united states and animal conditions are extremely terrible *cough*mcdonalds*cough*

A good friend of mine went vegetarian as a protest against coorperate clearing of jungle and such to raise the cattle, and I wholeheartedly would support that if I didn't love chicken so much.

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

Nice argument you have, they do seem to contradict themselves in a way, they wont eat a animal (living thing) yet they'll eat vegetables / fruit / crops (all living things originally). I'm looking forward to a vegetarians view on this tbh. Nice topic :)

also a lot of people don't eat meat partly because meat is handled terribly in the united states and animal conditions are extremely terrible *cough*mcdonalds*cough*

There is a big difference in a nice piece of steak cooked at home and the [cabbage] they serve at McDonalds called "meat". If a person goes vegetarian simply because of the way fast food restaurants treat their livestock / prepare their food they seem pretty narrow-minded since boycotting fast food would be just as successful as turning vegetarian.

All I could think of is politics when I saw this thread

Think about it:

Meat lovers vs. Vegetarians

Conservatives vs, Liberals

Anyone see where i'm coming from?

Oh and, God made animals like cows to be food for humans.

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

Oh and, God made animals like cows to be food for humans.

Atheists olololol

The buddhist monks didn't eat meat because their religion was to respect every form of life as if it was your own. Think about that.

If I remember correctly the Buddhists don't have a god who created the world / cows etc, think about that :lol:

Well, meat is the base of our nutrition it seems. If you don't eat meat, you are going to get sick from not having some of the nutrients you need.

I love meat, tastes so good, how can some people live without it?

As for the alive vegetables topic, it's better to eat meat than vegetables from their point of view, since the meat is dead and the vegeteble still alive at the time of eating :o See where I'm comming from? :P

But they thought of all life as equal and everything deserves to live.

Here's something for christians:

God says respect all of his life because he created it in his image

God put animals on earth to be hunted and eaten.

Also fruit and vegetables is much more healthy. Meat has a high fat content and it is easily tainted.

then if you say all life s precious, then what do you eat? everything edible is alive or dead. a cabbage cant be as important as a chicken just because it doesnt move or doesnt have feelings(taste, smell, touch, hear, and sense?)

shooterbob7.png

But they thought of all life as equal and everything deserves to live.

Here's something for christians:

God says respect all of his life because he created it in his image

God put animals on earth to be hunted and eaten.

Also fruit and vegetables is much more healthy. Meat has a high fat content and it is easily tainted.

Meats also have a high amount of protein and needed fats / oils. Just because it has a high fat content doesn't mean vegetables are better, a mixed healthy diet pwns all ::'

The buddhist monks didn't eat meat because their religion was to respect every form of life as if it was your own. Think about that.

That's Jainism, not Buddhism.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Well, meat is the base of our nutrition it seems. If you don't eat meat, you are going to get sick from not having some of the nutrients you need.

Every nutrient found in meat can easily be obtained from other food sources. It's not like there's any nutrients in meat that are exclusive to only meat. If every vegetarian got sick from not eating meat, there wouldn't be as many vegetarians as there are today.

For those of you saying that vegetarians eating vegetables but not meat is hypocritical, that's pretty stupid to say. You can't compare vegetables to animals. Animals have a nervous system, vegetables do not. Having a nervous system means having a brain, being able to feel pain and emotion, and being capable of thought process.

And for the record, I'm not a vegetarian, I eat meat quite regularly. I just had to debunk the terrible arguments in this thread.

Combat FTL

Combat_FTL.png

Ok, i love animals, but i do do eat meat. What i don't get is why do people not eat meat? First of

all, you may not like meat because of the way they kill them or that they should be free, but if you think about it, vegetables are living creatures too.They are made of cells and grow. So why eat a living vegetable but not a piece of juicy steak? :mrgreen: Also, if you are vegetarian, why do you eat foods in the shape of meat like veggie burgers and veggie dogs.Your trying to back away from meat, not be hippocritical. the irony!

You're so stupid I can't even describe it...

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

I don't see how you can put a plant's life up to par with an animal's life. I mean that's pretty extreme. Let me ask a question. Would you save one bird's life or two trees' lives if you had the choice?

Yes, meat is murder. Tasty, tasty murder. I throw bacon at vegetarians, particularly the sickly looking ones. Call me what you will, it just isn't healthy to stay away from meat completely. Sure there's tofu and all, but humans are omnivores, thus, we need a good combination of meat and vegetables to stay healthy.

OH MAI GAWD I NEED A STAKE.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream