Tip.It Rank Rank Contest - Discuss here (no entries here!)

Submitted my entry in, am I the only one who entered this for fun?

What do you mean? This contest is supposed to be fun, right?

as opposed to getting the rank he means, i think

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Entered my entry. The first one I was going to send was so [cabbage], I had to think of another :-#

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Will contest winners ranks replace the current generic ranks for all users? Or are they in addition to the current ranks? Or will it simply be a for fun contest, where the ranks are unused?

Also, are more than 5-6 ranks accepted as a entry? Say if you have come up with a pattern.

If you win the contest, you will be able to customize your current generic rank. So instead of it saying "Chicken Feather" etc., it will be able to say whatever you want (within limits).

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Will contest winners ranks replace the current generic ranks for all users? Or are they in addition to the current ranks? Or will it simply be a for fun contest, where the ranks are unused?

Also, are more than 5-6 ranks accepted as a entry? Say if you have come up with a pattern.

If you win the contest, you will be able to customize your current generic rank. So instead of it saying "Chicken Feather" etc., it will be able to say whatever you want (within limits).

I think he means, will the winning entry's list be used, replacing the current rank list?

These ranks have been used since near the start of tipit.

sig2ho7.jpg

Well, either way, I am up for a less complicated post rank system. I really don't like how many we have. Three or four would be great. Which is why I support this. :thumbup:

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

Is the number of ranks limited to 4? Or can we have infinate (

Your entry includes five or six ranks you created yourself and it has to include the postcount number for each rank.

Is that what you meant?

Oh, it's spelled infinite by the way. Firefox dictionary FTW ;) .

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Thanks for the clarification Phil :)

Would it be possible to see all or the top entries once the contest is over I'd be intreasted in what people came up in

In the past the three winners' entries have been listed. Hopefully that will happen again this time :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

The old ranks aren't going to be changed, are they?

They won't.

wait, i dnt understand what we are supppose to do.... so are we suppose to come up with new ranks for the post counts? Like, on top of our avatars, there is a rank, in which that ranks is based on our post count. So r we suppose to think of new names for the post count rank?

Yes, you need to come up with 5-6 ranks who are based on your postcount for this contest.

Winning ranks will be unused. And no more allowed then 5-6. We need to have a limit somewhere.

Is the number of ranks limited to 4? Or can we have infinate (

Five to six ranks can be submitted.

Would it be possible to see all or the top entries once the contest is over I'd be intreasted in what people came up in

Top-3 will be posted, yes.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

There was a limit? I didn't know that. :( Was it on the first post?

Dang, it took me two hours to think them all up. :cry:

Ah well, it was still fun. Can I post my entry here since it isn't valid anymore?

j0xPu5R.png

I'm confused at what I have to PM you guys for the rank contest. Is it just a quote with my name in it with code tags? When I preview it, should it look like the first or the second example?

should look like this:

[quote name="Tip.It Rank Contest AUG08"]

1     -  250    : Chicken 

251   -  1500  : Rooster

1501  -  3500  : Fowl Egg

3501  -  6000  : TerrorBird

6001  -  10000 : Evil Chicken[/quote]

Mind you this isnt my real entry, only a demo.

MUST have both quote tags and code tags on it, that way when they go to show the top 3 winners, they can just copy-paste whats in the code and make it a bit easier. ::'

Popoto.~<3

I'll be nice and save this one for the guys who don't have a custom rank yet. Good luck folks :)

On that note, I've won two custom rank contests (over 3 years ago) but haven't had my custom rank ever since the board jump over 2 years ago. How do I get that back? (The one Admin I talked to about it couldn't help me, can someone please?) I still get it don't I? Or do they expire?

I'll be nice and save this one for the guys who don't have a custom rank yet. Good luck folks :)

On that note, I've won two custom rank contests (over 3 years ago) but haven't had my custom rank ever since the board jump over 2 years ago. How do I get that back? (The one Admin I talked to about it couldn't help me, can someone please?) I still get it don't I? Or do they expire?

You will have to PM an administrator about that. If the admin you talked to said s/he discussed it with the team and they decided that they cannot get your rank back, then that's unfortunate. Ranks do not expire but yours was lost during the board jump a few years ago. Because your win of the rank contest is no longer on record, the admins may not be able to compensate you. But if you want to try your luck, PM an admin.

Posted Image

I'm confused at what I have to PM you guys for the rank contest. Is it just a quote with my name in it with code tags? When I preview it, should it look like the first or the second example?

It should look as Dark_Aura said indeed.

You can try pm'ing one of the older Admins to see if they remember.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Yaa.. I'm quite sure there wasn't limit when I send my reply. As I also asked it from someone, and so I went over a bit. Think it would be fair enough, now that we know there is a limit to let us redo inside the limits. :roll:

But o well, if this is supposed to be fun, why the rules have to be so thight?

u5zhkTY.gif