Skillcape-specific bonuses

highlanders

As it is now, all skillcapes give the same bonuses. I was thinking it would interesting if each skillcape gave a small additional bonus in its specific skill. For instance: an invisble fishing bonus for the fishing skillcape, a small slash bonus for the attack cape, slightly faster smithing for the smithing skillcape, a bit of extra hp for the hp skillcape, and so on.

2480+ total

zomg that woudl be a good idea! since we already have the +1 boost to level 100!

you rock ! really!

:^o

But the bonus doesn't actually do anything, just make you feel better than you have a level 100 stat. Plus when you log out the skill reverts back to 99, not 100.

He is suggesting that the bonuses actually affect your in-game activites.

zomg that woudl be a good idea! since we already have the +1 boost to level 100!

you rock ! really!

But the bonus doesn't actually do anything, just make you feel better than you have a level 100 stat. Plus when you log out the skill reverts back to 99, not 100.

Yeah, and, the bonus only last for what, a minute?

It would be nice for harder to train skills such as crafting, smithing, prayer, etc, since in ones like smithing and crafting (perhaps RC) the +1 bonus doesnt do anything. Now, add a chance to get extra smithed items, extra dragon hide pieces, extra runes, and even a hefty prayer bonus for the PRAYER cape, I think skillcapes would do a lot more for the players.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

you rock ! really!

with cooking fishing mining woodcutting and all combat skills (except for magic) it helps #-o

Headshotcatcher.png

slightly faster smithing for the smithing skillcape, a bit of extra hp for the hp skillcape, and so on.

these are both already achiviable, if you pray at an altar in nardah ( i think) u get a +7hp bonus, cool eh? and you also get a chance of smithing faster with varrok armour. Also the +2 pray bonus from the monastary. Lots of familiars give invisible bonuses, you'd have to have them balanced otherwise ud have some sort of SUPER FISHER MINER DUDE!!

Will add more if i can find em ::', and not all capes give same bonus, trimmed gives a pray bonus :thumbsup:

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

i had an idea like this to pretty long time ago though. Bumped it up, maybe check that one out ::'

dibujillole3.png

^click to visit my blog! And if u got some spare hammers for my collection, i will always take them just pm me :)

5743th with cooking 99!--8 november 2006--

16361st with str 99! --15 april 2007--

35000th with Attack 99! --20 June 2008--

29524th with Hitpoints 99! --3 August 2008--

Back when skillcapes came out in October 06, Jagex mentioned that each skillcape would have a "bonus" that would help with the respective skill. Everyone thought it would be something really specific such as:

-making 4 dose potions instead of 3 dose @ 99 herblore

-double crafting law runes @ 99 runecrafting

-always mining the ore on the first try @ 99 mining

-always being able to run @ 99 agility

Sorry, but with the amount of speculating and forum posting that was already done on this, I think its doubtful Jagex was or will be considering this.

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

Skillcapes are not supposed to be functional in this way, just a decorative ego boost. However they had to give it some decent combat stats because it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

The danger of adding unique abilities is that some bonuses will always be far more powerful than others, balancing it would be next to impossible with this many skills.

~ W ~

sigzi.png