A Whole New World???

Ixindor

Ok, with the 2 newest quest releases we have seen 2 new versions of Runescape:

A Spiritual Realm and the Past.

I see this as a first step in a reshaping of the game we know and love. Its dripping with potential. Can you imagine if Jagex develops copies of the current map in the Past and in the Spirit Realm? It would be like having 3 versions of Runescape layered together.

I may just be speculating here, but I think that they may be moving in that direction and I think our feedback should be put together to help them with expanding the idea. You know, as a group, collectively pool ideas and suggestions and debate what possibilities lie beyond the little previews we've seen so far.

I was personally wanting to see an alternate reality when the Spirit of Summer came out. In the back of my head I was wanting to see the Wild before it became what it is now. With Meeting History, we've seen only a tiny fraction of these possibilities. Can you imagine what the Wild might look like if the ruined cities and graveyards were still standing? How can going back in time help us train? Would we need primitive tools or modern stuff? One example I thought of was, maybe have a whole batch of Runite mining areas, but you have to use a Bronze Pic no matter what (because in my head, the beginning of civilizations start in a Bronze Age) and Banks are fewer and farther away than normal.

Also, don't forget the Spirit Realm and it's possibilities. The cursed tree spawning a real tree concept is nice. Reminds me of Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, where the Light and Dark Worlds interact with each other. What other concepts could be added to utilize the Spirit World as a way to help train? Would burying a bone be worth more in the Sacred Ground of the Spirit Realm? Could you physically move an object in the Real World by moving an object in the Spirit Realm?

I'm not wanting to put this in Suggestions just yet. I want to see what people think. Please discuss what you think may be in our future. I will collectively pool ideas in the second post and move them over to Suggestions at a later time. So dust off your brains and think about what you would want in the future. And if you can...try to keep it reasonable lol. And something that Jagex might have a chance of coding.

This is my first post as a main theme, so please be gentle lol. All forum rules apply.

~Ixindor~

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collective Pool of Ideas:

More Runite Mining areas in the Past. But farther away from Banks and you have to use Bronze Pics to mine them.

Soul Altar will be somewhere in the Spirit Realm. Makes sense right?

The whole wilderness covered in grass plains.

Giant castles in honour to zaros.

Ardougne before the city was built.

Maybe we even could take part in the god wars before it turned to ice.

Entering the elven city before the human lock out.

I think it's a good idea. Perhaps, in the past, instead of banks, you would have to stash your ores and return to the present to bank them? (Like hide them in a cave or something).

How about when Armadyl was banished from Runescape? I would love to see what he/she/it would look like.

I would absolutely love to see this.

There are soo many posibilities available.

The whole wilderness covered in grass plains.

Giant castles in honour to zaros.

Ardougne before the city was built.

Maybe we even could take part in the god wars before it turned to ice.

Entering the elven city before the human lock out.

Now you got me all exited. <.<

I would like to see Ardougne before the so-called "Plague". What of the past where Sarah and Jack are all grown up? How about when Armadyl was banished from Runescape? I would love to see what he/she/it would look like.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

I really like the stashing ores to bank in the future. Army of Darkness anyone?

Also, the Elf City before the humans were banished sound awesome as well.

Keep em coming, and feel free to discuss your ideas too. You don't have to just spit suggestions. Tell us how why you want this!

Or back before runes were invented :o

Or to expand on it, what about the origins of the Ancient Magiks? Maybe somehow you were responsible for building that Ancient Pyramid. Maybe it can open a Spell Book that can only be used in the Past and without runes, like something else as its power source.

That would maybe put a spin on how you train in the past. Like for example: In the past, there is no Ardy. So you can't teleport to Ardy (location doesn't exist yet). But you can enchant something to get you in the general area. Might change the way we get around. If there are multiple ways to and from the past, then these teleports may help for some kind of unorthodox training lol.

There is a lot of useless areas in the Wild. One that comes to mind is the ruins with the furnace. Has anyone every actually used it? I know I haven't. If in the past the building still stands, maybe it would have more useful features. And anyone who sees the ruins in the present, can just see the relic furnace from long ago.

Little off topic but fun to discuss, is what about being able to PK each other in the Spirit Realm? When you die though you just pop back in the Real World exactly where you were in the Spirit Realm. No item loss (or permanent item loss? Lol you pop back to Real World naked. :ohnoes: ). And the Pker sees a fleeting image of your soul vanish as you cuss him out lol.

There are alot of trashed places in the wilderness, such as the farm, the village, and the castle at the north east wilderness, you might be able to use the key to see that place in the past in a new update, maybe the 2:nd wilderness quest that will be released at the end of the summer.

Also there is ScapeRune, I was hoping they would do it with it...

I think ScapeRune was more of a joke...

The concept is cool... maybe getting some place in present needs you to visit the past?

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

From what I understand, Priffdinias was only blocked to humans when the Tyras Guards came, or some other action caused by humans. Perhaps admittance into the city at last?

Wise Old Man was once a daring adventurer, as seen from Swan Song and many other sources. Perhaps we could quest by his side?

Kill that cursed Evil Twin and never get those randoms EVER AGAIN!!!!

God War Dungeon was once frozen before it was "defrosted". Can we actually delve into the dungeon as it was and fight alongside our choosen gods?

Visit the inhabitances of Port Phasmayts before they fell under Necrovarus' magic.

Hell, visit the ENTIRE Mortania as it was.

Fight with Barrows Brothers?

I would love to see cities in the Wilderness before they fell into ruin.

What about those feuding brothers in the Fremmenick Isles? Can we see what really is going on between them?

There was another Wizard's Tower before the modern day one. However it was burned down. There's an idea

When talking with Baba Yaga to learn the Ourania Teleport spell, she speaks of the Lunars breaking away from the Fremmenick. How about seeing the Moonclan, Fremmenick, and Mountain people living together in Relleka?

In the same conversation Baba Yaga tells of the Fremmenick destroying all RuneCrafting altars. Maybe we could see them before the fall? Soul altar?

List is endless.

I like the idea, but instead of these places (which I am interested in), what about lunar island? The fremennik were the first to discover magic right (and the stone of jas), so say we visited the past of lunar isle before humans got greedy and started crafting runes? Would the stone be there? Maybe respawns of every rune? Maybe the runecrafting alters are a small fragment of the stone? Maybe i'm just making pointless assumptions?

The quest heavily reminded me of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. In that game, you could go back and forth between the past and present, and both worlds were fully made. Doing something in the past, such as planting a seed or destroying a path, would have effects in the future, such as opening up a climbable wall or changing the terrain.

That was what this quest reminded me of, and I hope there are many sequels to it with similar time-based puzzles.

The quest heavily reminded me of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. In that game, you could go back and forth between the past and present, and both worlds were fully made. Doing something in the past, such as planting a seed or destroying a path, would have effects in the future, such as opening up a climbable wall or changing the terrain.

That was what this quest reminded me of, and I hope there are many sequels to it with similar time-based puzzles.

I never thought of that, I have played legend of zelda: Oracle of ages, though I thought seasons was better myself, anyway this brings to mind something the chaos elemental said awhile back.

The museum will close in 10 minutes, please make your way to the nearest age.
I know that quote is really old but did anyone ever find what update it was a clue too (besides the museum update) After all jagex has a way of postponing updates.

Or back before runes were invented :o

Or to expand on it, what about the origins of the Ancient Magiks? Maybe somehow you were responsible for building that Ancient Pyramid. Maybe it can open a Spell Book that can only be used in the Past and without runes, like something else as its power source.

That would maybe put a spin on how you train in the past. Like for example: In the past, there is no Ardy. So you can't teleport to Ardy (location doesn't exist yet). But you can enchant something to get you in the general area. Might change the way we get around. If there are multiple ways to and from the past, then these teleports may help for some kind of unorthodox training lol.

Ok, that would be something to turn into an awesome quest.

"I was not the only one who had come to see his discovery. A group of people, perhaps two score in number from all over this realm, and of all ages and tribes had heard similar rumours. They were as consumed by curiosity as I and had come to pledge themselves to exposing the secrets of this discovery. I cannot describe to you the awe and wonder we all felt when first the man from the north demonstrated the power he had discovered... To strike a foe with a mighty gust of wind at will! This feat is almost commonplace nowadays, and seen in brawls all over the lands, but back then... it was as though we had gained the power of a god!

"And as we trained and studied, our powers grew stronger and more unbelievable... I saw men moving objects with just the power of their mind, others turning useless items into the purest gold!

"But these skills and powers were not the greatest discovery that we made. It was discovered that we could take these powers and magicks, and bind them into solid objects which we called rune stones, for each had been marked with the rune symbol of the Magick which we had bound into it.

"These stones could then be given to someone who had not studied nor trained with our group - and the Magickal energies bound within them could be released at will. We all agreed that the discovery, and the Magicks it had allowed us, and our ability to store these magicks in compressed form as stones, required much investigation, far more investigation than was possible with just the small group that we were... so we vowed to all return to our homelands and spread the message of our discoveries, so that we could gain more followers to assist us in our research.

Take part in that research now? :P

hopesolopatriot.jpg