A Whole New World???

Ixindor

Wow, been gone for a couple hours and when I come back this place is loaded with ideas and concepts. Keep it up!!! :thumbsup:

Someone mentioned the Barrows Brothers. On that note, on the way home from work today, I was talking with my roommate about this concept. He brought to my attention all the different past related places in a nutshell. I'm not as fluent with the history of Runescape, but perhaps you all can help fill and an expand.

The Barrows Brothers - In the history, weren't there originally 7 of them? Didn't one supposedly survive the onslaught there? I could have sworn his body and tomb hasn't been discovered yet. What if WE (the player) are the seventh brother? Could be way off base with this though. My history of the Barrows is lacking.

Uzer - Golems of ancient times. And a demon was already slain when you got into the portal there. I'm thinking maybe we had something to do with it? Maybe we built the golems? If memory serves right, didn't the golem lose his memory?

The Elven City - My roommate also said something along the lines of a Past quest for the Elven City. Something along the lines of when you make first contact with the elves, your name is written in history. And when you return to the Present, you are remembered by an Elder Elf. And he lets you venture into the city.

I was thinking about a teleport system in the past. Then I thought, they expanded on the Lunar Spell book so why not expand Ancients (with teleports only...doubt it needs any more offense). Maybe do a quest that is related to the Ancient Pyramid and have the ancient names of cities in the past as added spells? Some places would not have been built in parts of the past.

Even something as dumb as being Wally, the legendary Demon Slayer of Varrock would be fun and an easy little noob quest. You take on an alias name because you know the events of the Present. By now you are well aware of how you have influenced the Present, so you do things to try and cover it up. Also, have fun figuring out the Paradoxes that would come with this kind of stuff.

And I was trying to keep the Spirit Realm in too. My roommate suggested something simple like if you plant something and it dies, it appears in the Spirit Realm grown (or in the last stage of growth it was in). Then you would have to go to the otherside to get it. Not a total loss anymore, but more out of your way if you want it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, been gone for a couple hours and when I come back this place is loaded with ideas and concepts. Keep it up!!! :thumbsup:

Someone mentioned the Barrows Brothers. On that note, on the way home from work today, I was talking with my roommate about this concept. He brought to my attention all the different past related places in a nutshell. I'm not as fluent with the history of Runescape, but perhaps you all can help fill and an expand.

The Barrows Brothers - In the history, weren't there originally 7 of them? Didn't one supposedly survive the onslaught there? I could have sworn his body and tomb hasn't been discovered yet. What if WE (the player) are the seventh brother? Could be way off base with this though. My history of the Barrows is lacking.

I don't think I heard anything about that, to be honest... I really believe there were only six :|

Uzer - Golems of ancient times. And a demon was already slain when you got into the portal there. I'm thinking maybe we had something to do with it? Maybe we built the golems? If memory serves right, didn't the golem lose his memory?

The people of Uzer (and Ullek) build golems themselves, but maybe we helped? The golem lost his memory because he was damaged, but golems in general don't remember much, they only know just enough to do their tasks.

The Elven City - My roommate also said something along the lines of a Past quest for the Elven City. Something along the lines of when you make first contact with the elves, your name is written in history. And when you return to the Present, you are remembered by an Elder Elf. And he lets you venture into the city.

Could be a good idea, but the problem with Prifddinas is that it is occupied by EVIL elves, so they wouldn't let you in anyway.

I was thinking about a teleport system in the past. Then I thought, they expanded on the Lunar Spell book so why not expand Ancients (with teleports only...doubt it needs any more offense). Maybe do a quest that is related to the Ancient Pyramid and have the ancient names of cities in the past as added spells? Some places would not have been built in parts of the past.

Could be, could be...

Even something as dumb as being Wally, the legendary Demon Slayer of Varrock would be fun and an easy little noob quest. You take on an alias name because you know the events of the Present. By now you are well aware of how you have influenced the Present, so you do things to try and cover it up. Also, have fun figuring out the Paradoxes that would come with this kind of stuff.

Meh, I don't think so. The knight in Varrock Castle you talk to during the quest is his grandson or whatever. That would mean you knock someone up in the past, you sicko :shock:

And I was trying to keep the Spirit Realm in too. My roommate suggested something simple like if you plant something and it dies, it appears in the Spirit Realm grown (or in the last stage of growth it was in). Then you would have to go to the otherside to get it. Not a total loss anymore, but more out of your way if you want it.

Could help with ranarr's and stuff.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

During the quest (meeting history), it talks about the family coming from another plane (where the humans first came from to runescape), through a portal i wonder if we will ever get to travel there.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

[

Meh, I don't think so. The knight in Varrock Castle you talk to during the quest is his grandson or whatever. That would mean you knock someone up in the past, you sicko :shock:

Oh great, a lesson in not messing with history from mister "I'm my own Grandpa..."
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

There is a lot of useless areas in the Wild. One that comes to mind is the ruins with the furnace. Has anyone every actually used it? I know I haven't. If in the past the building still stands, maybe it would have more useful features. And anyone who sees the ruins in the present, can just see the relic furnace from long ago.

I used that furnace for my wilderness training stint. Wildy became undangerous and boring so I gave it up before I gained the 5 levels in everything I needed to succeed, so I gave up.

Into the wilderness, where all can see, no skiller bots to bleed my eyes, and danger at every turn!

Watch me, visit me, pk me.

:shock: The past of the spirit realm or the spirit realm in the past?

Who knows? Maybe there will be a combination.

*hides at the thought of the combination* :ohnoes:

I could see them doing something like this but not for awhile, they always put something good and fun into the game and then make you wait, meanies -.-

patr1ckotg1.png

This would be a really good way to expand the Runescape world, although a little "cheap" with just copying the same lay out, but it'd be a lot of fun. Would allow for a lot of interesting quests too.

I'm sure the fact is not lost on jagex that land changes over time. Since "no one really knows how long an age lasts" I doubt jagex would use the same layout for most areas of the world.

didnt the tzaar used to have contact with the outside world?

jad is fighting in the godwars :shock:

the sandwich lady is the 7th barrow brother!

wise old man fights in godwars (possible but he would have to be really old!)

white dragons to fight! (and you can make 3rd age armour in genral!)

maybe the godwars would be a huge center battles possible going into the icy door, finding a way to meele avansies killing warriors for old armour or maybe your the reason the elves hate humans! (stealing a crystal halibard!)

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

The addition of more "brutal dragons", where there are blue dragons on the normal, Brutal blues will be there in the Past, and spirit brutals in the spirit realm :thumbsup: Same goes for all the other dragon locations i guess.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

This would be a really good way to expand the Runescape world, although a little "cheap" with just copying the same lay out, but it'd be a lot of fun. Would allow for a lot of interesting quests too.

Agreed, that's why I think its relatively possible to do for them. Instead of building new code for new regions, they would probably have to just modify the current ones. I personally would not care if its a cheap method. To me, it would add a whole new layer of depth to game. Simple, yet effective.

Wow, this is just a speculation thread and it got me excited.

I really hope that JaGEx use the entire of the potential of these ideas.

Have you made a thread on RSOF about this?

No, I haven't yet. Planning on seeing where this thread goes and its ideas flow. Then will probably gather them all together (credit given of course) and throwing it to the Page 51 Monster in Suggestions.

We missed one important thing. Summer says She and her Family were killed Hundreds of years ago. Therefore we could use the key to go back in time to the time when Summer and Her Family lived (obviosly before the Wilderness) and save them from being killed :D Possibly we will be the poeple who dig that mysterious Cave behind the Present Day ruins ;)

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

[hide=]

I don't think I heard anything about that, to be honest... I really believe there were only six :|

The people of Uzer (and Ullek) build golems themselves, but maybe we helped? The golem lost his memory because he was damaged, but golems in general don't remember much, they only know just enough to do their tasks.

Could be a good idea, but the problem with Prifddinas is that it is occupied by EVIL elves, so they wouldn't let you in anyway.

Could be, could be...

[/hide]Maybe you can kill the Evil elves in the past? :-k

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

[hide=]

Could be, could be...

[/hide]Maybe you can kill the Evil elves in the past? :-k

The problem with tasks like that (going into the past to kill someone, or stop the murder of Summer and her family) is the time paradox. If you succeed, there isn't a reason anymore to go back in time to do it, therefore you won't do it, bla bla bla...

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

There are so many possiblities I dont know where to start with this.

08fbca3311.png

Electrone0.png

Winged Fish on a RWT complaint-

There's four complaints on the whole site, one from a mother who was convinced by her son that the RWTers she was buying him items from were from Jagex (and then got scammed and is taking it out on Jagex), two people complaining about having their accounts taken away, and one ranting on the trade restrictions and wilderness removal.

Now just change the background color and page layout, and you have the RSoF

Wow, alternate planes in the past which affect the future? Runescape would be so great if they did that. I bet that this has never before been done by an MMORPG.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

the making of rc altars and their properties.

the beginning of gielenior itself.

how teh first souls survived, and where.

history of the gods lives (how they became powerful, their origins)

other, forgotten gods (I remember hearing it somewhere.... i think digsite quest and zaros, etc etc.)

those are things what I would like to know about the past of ruenscape.

Death should not be taken as 'the end,' but a very effective way to cut down taxes.

This sounds like a great way for Runescape to make more updates once they start running out of ideas.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

This sounds like a great way for Runescape to make more updates once they start running out of ideas.

If they ever look on this forum and this thread >.<

Death should not be taken as 'the end,' but a very effective way to cut down taxes.

If they ever look on this forum and this thread >.<

Don't worry guys. I'm going to stick this in the RSOF eventually...maybe this weekend. Gotta fix my car first, but if I get the time, I will jam it into the overcrowded Suggestions forum and see how long it makes it before the Notorious Page 51 Monster gets it.

Oh and to the quote of "Mister, I'm my own Grandpa"...Futurama is the bomb...looking forward to its return sometime this year. In Bender's Big Score, they simply added a line that made everything in the movie possible. The code on Fry's [wagon] was a "Paradox Free" Time Traveling Sphere.

Problem solved :thumbsup:

I just came up with a couple of things:

How the guilds got established, how each master got to be the best in his/her skill. Before the GWD froze over and what Mortyiania(sp) looked like before it became what it is. Also maybe take place in a battle with the Barrows brothers?

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

The problem with tasks like that (going into the past to kill someone, or stop the murder of Summer and her family) is the time paradox. If you succeed, there isn't a reason anymore to go back in time to do it, therefore you won't do it, bla bla bla...

That is a rather good point...But hey getting in Elve City is getting into Elve City :thumbsup:

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

Anyone notice how the monkey civilization is similar to Planet of the Apes and stuff of that nature? What happens if it was one of us who went back in time and acted as the catalyst, with the monkey amulet and greegree, to create that civilization?

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Anyone notice how the monkey civilization is similar to Planet of the Apes and stuff of that nature? What happens if it was one of us who went back in time and acted as the catalyst, with the monkey amulet and greegree, to create that civilization?

Well surely your character cant be that stupid that he changes the past, the littlest thing can cause a big change of events.

What I mean is if the monkeys need to be brought to that point then a traveler from the future might end up doing it.