Gold farmers views on RWTing

Guest Rob

The real world traders do not care about the game, they are businessman, and this is their advertising campaign. As you can see from the quote they are not very good at English and most are from China(not being stereotypical)

Loi86.png

...You made a thread about a marketing ploy? :-#

If it was at least partly rational, then this wouldn't be thread-worthy. But it just happens to be a hilarious and irrational one, which kind of exposes how immature RWTers can be.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Why the hell do their views matter anyway?

Perspective, if you don't even try to understand their view, then it will almost always cause more problems than actually solve any of them.

The real world traders do not care about the game, they are businessman, and this is their advertising campaign. As you can see from the quote they are not very good at English and most are from China(not being stereotypical)

Not necessarily.

Overall, I really can't see this as "Gold farmers views on RWTing", it's probably advertising.

ÃÆæÃâ¦Ã ÃâüÃÆÃÂ¥ÃâÿÃâÃ

Wow, those are some really poor sales techniques. They can't even write sentences properly? Either foreigners, or english and just very dumb. Anyway, it made me laugh, but who would take that seriously? It's just an extremely biased statement, which is not actually true.

coza17.png

If it was at least partly rational, then this wouldn't be thread-worthy. But it just happens to be a hilarious and irrational one, which kind of exposes how immature RWTers can be.

Immature? These people are business men. Gold farming is undertaken by actual companies, in both Korea and China. Theyre the ones making money everywhere off gamers like you, its hardly stupid. Im sure you can make amazingly smart sentences in Chinese.

Wow, those are some really poor sales techniques. They can't even write sentences properly? Either foreigners, or english and just very dumb. Anyway, it made me laugh, but who would take that seriously? It's just an extremely biased statement, which is not actually true.

Oh and of course you can write flawless Korean and Chinese and can come up with amazing selling lines.

Theres nothing funny in laughing at foreigners English, at least they tried. The world doesnt revolve around English, and in poor Asian countries they barely have the money to live, learning English is far from cheap or easy. What they wrote was very good considering.

For Americans, gold farmers are nothing else but an annoyance in a game. But for some people in these countries, its what their survival of them and their family depends on. Its almost impossible to find a job in China, and when you do, there are people ready to work for even less than you do. Just let them do their silly websites if it helps them; you dont have to buy from it.

And obviously enough, they wrote that to push people to buy their product, it isnt their actual views. They dont speak English very well but theyre not stupid.

2480+ total

[hide=]

Immature? These people are business men. Gold farming is undertaken by actual companies, in both Korea and China. Theyre the ones making money everywhere off gamers like you, its hardly stupid. Im sure you can make amazingly smart sentences in Chinese.

Oh and of course you can write flawless Korean and Chinese and can come up with amazing selling lines.

Theres nothing funny in laughing at foreigners English, at least they tried. The world doesnt revolve around English, and in poor Asian countries they barely have the money to live, learning English is far from cheap or easy. What they wrote was very good considering.

For Americans, gold farmers are nothing else but an annoyance in a game. But for some people in these countries, its what their survival of them and their family depends on. Its almost impossible to find a job in China, and when you do, there are people ready to work for even less than you do. Just let them do their silly websites if it helps them; you dont have to buy from it.

And obviously enough, they wrote that to push people to buy their product, it isnt their actual views. They dont speak English very well but theyre not stupid.

[/hide]

Actually, I wasn't commenting on their spelling and grammar at all, there are much worse English translation examples out there. I was commenting on their very poor argument, it's so bad that it could be sarcastic. Surely if they were capable of English to this level, they should really know how this sounds:

And buying runescape gold is somehow helping the game economy.

Using 'Somehow' in an argument suggests immaturity to me. Just a bit. I just can't believe that this would be a grammar error.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Honestly, I might be alone, but I say, they can RWT for all I care now. The wildy is gone, they can't suck out much more from this game until the mass quittings continue.

Nothing that wouldn't already be blatently obvious can be said about that statement.

Fail.

IamIronMan_I.png

Highlanders, the point we're trying to make is that if you want to sell a product in another country, you should be able to sound professional and convincing in that country's language. If I went to France and tried to use the little French I know, not many people will bother to look at my stuff. But if I go to Austraila were they do speak English and I speak English, I can sound professional to them.

They ARE professionals, isn't that right Highlanders? Then they should at least sound like it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Do you really think, say, a drug dealer is going to strongly emphesize the fact that his dope is illegal? Those guys are going to tell you whatever they can to make you buy their gold. :D

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

In my eyes there are 2 different kinds of sellers, online companies, and actual people.

I always thought of the companies making money by adding bots to the game and gold farmers as detrimental, but as individuals selling gold helpful.

I had a friend who got into selling runescape gold to a few of his friends for a reasonable price, he would nat run (specifically for N0valyfe, to give perspective how long ago this was) to get money, do barrows, and anything else someone would normally do while playing.

The advantage of this was that he was basically getting paid for playing the game, since back then it didn't take to much to afford the best equipment and after that there wasn't to much reason to hold on to money.

By gathering gold by being a regular player, you're adding items (barrows, drops), raw materials (in reasonable amounts, unlike bots), and helping others (running). The only difference is that he sold the profits to kids in junior high, which in turn raises consumption in ways other than he would have because he had all the armor he'd need.

People bought from him because he could get money faster than they could, and to them 5 dollars of their lunch money was worth it.

Does anyone see anything wrong about this perspective of RWT? (Other than your objections to other opinions of what is fun and challenging)

1z2zrwo.jpg

No, but I'm not hired to do that.

I disagree, there's everything funny about laughing at Engrish (Look it up, it's a real word). If you ever visit a country that doesn't speak English (Preferrably Japan or China where they try to translate everything into English. Mexico doesn't count), you'll understand. It's funny seeing a gate with a sign that says "Caution! Don't lean on the gate. The gate would fall down when lean on it. It occurs you Trouble." Search "Engrish" in google images, you'll see what I mean.

Gold Farmers are also too lazy to find a real job. I saw an interview someone did quite a while ago of a WOW goldfarming company, most of the people were making money to pay for college, they're not all poor and destitute as you would suggest. Either way, they're still criminals and a lot of them steal accounts and credit card information (Exhibit A: http://whaticall.wordpress.com/2008/06/30/epic-fail-2-spy-sapping-my-account/

Exhibit B: http://whaticall.wordpress.com/2008/06/ ... ape-story/)

Saying Goldfarmers should be left alone because they're making a living is like saying credit card theives should be left alone. Wahh, they're only making five dollars selling your identity on the internet for someone else to ransack your credit and destroy your personal and financial life! And speaking of stolen credit cards, where does the legality and ethics of using so many stolen credit cards that the company you're leeching off of for cash ends up almost getting shut down? Gold farmers were an annoyance that many of us could deal with, yes, but last I checked a lot of pkers I spoke to years ago said they would only start caring about gold farmers when they had an effect on the game. Well here you have it.

Your manner of painting a pretty face on a criminal corporation is akin to the Dark Knight movie, the Joker having a permanant smile carved into his face because "why so serious?". Hey, the goldfarmers are good people, just like you and me! Well, as long as you don't pay attention to the fact that they're practically hiding in third world countries to get away from the arm of the law, they're stealing credit cards and using stolen credit cards, and scamming quite a few of their own customers. What? No, don't pay attention to that! Look at the kittens! LOOK AT THE KITTENS!!!!!

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Pretty much what was happening when the Yew tree was an endangered species on RS, just a different game. You can't help but feel sorry for the people who lost their job after Jagex did the update, they are just trying to make a living the best the can. Though the owner needs to be punished in some way, they are just going to continue doing stuff like this by going from game to game.

derrick44444.png

derrick44444.png

Wc'ing my way to 99 (Wish me luck)