What would it take for you to quit RS?

n_odie

Boredom, lack of motivation, and a better game that captures my interest.. and it already happened :P

For the most part, RuneScape is pretty much unchanging. Sure they add/change tidbits here and there, but it's still the same grind towards the same goal. Getting from level 1 to level 99 doesn't change, and how you get there doesn't really change either. After a while it's just kind of... meh.

Getting to that point too. Just not enough decent people to keep me going.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, it was happening during 2007...I played less and less and the Dec 10 updates didn't help much. I recently got members for a month but that still didn't made me get into the game again. I still log on from time to time and I probably won't ever log back on if TIF ceased to exist. Without Tip.It I wouldn't of liked this game so much, the folks here are wonderful. :mrgreen:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Man, I don't know. Ive lost interest in RS many times, and i've taken 2 year long hiatuses. Yet I still find myself resubscribing and getting back into it. I lost my main account who I had for 5 years, but I made a new account and my skill total is better than my old account's skill total. I would say if all my friends quit, I would probably quit (and I only have a couple good friends who still play... but we've been playing for years now).

sig3bh7.png

This is certainly a good topic, and has made me stop and think. I would say that it would be the removal of player interaction, only talking via. quick chat and JAGeX depleting/ruining any of the skills I like. Oh, this is a few years away but going to University would probably impact it greatly.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Boredom, lack of motivation, and a better game that captures my interest.. and it already happened :P

For the most part, RuneScape is pretty much unchanging. Sure they add/change tidbits here and there, but it's still the same grind towards the same goal. Getting from level 1 to level 99 doesn't change, and how you get there doesn't really change either. After a while it's just kind of... meh.

I totally agree with you, I've been experiencing that for the past few months but I still log on to Runescape 1-2 times a week just to play it... strangely. And for the past year or two, the only online game that I've been playing was Runescape... and it still is :thumbsup:

I have no life :(

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I only ever use this account, so having this account perma-mutede or banned would make me quit RS. I don't really know what I'd do if I got hacked, I'd have to decide if it happened though. :ohnoes:

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Disconnecting 20+ times a day which is happening at the moment (no it's not my computer #-o ) as a last resort i'm getting my bro to defrag the computer when he has time, if that doesn't work then i'm quitting :cry:

I don't see how defragmenting is gonna solve your problem, unless you have some lag issues.

I'll doubt defragmenting even does anything to help RS, since RS doesn't involve your harddisk at all.

OT: When a better game interests me more than RS, in terms of game mechanics complexity, all those stuff, hehe.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Getting permanently banned for do it for me, there is no way I'd be able to recover the stats of my character as they are now.

This. Even being permanently muted wouldn't make me stop, I'd just talk over IRC.

Or losing interest in the game, but I don't see that happening any time soon. I still have too much goals to complete ::'

2dvjurb.png

I am very careful not to break the rules, but should my account be banned I'll just hop to my secondary account and continue building it up. :thumbsup:

My friends and clanmates are the sole reason I still play RuneScape. I am about to go to university, and this means that I will have to cut down on my gaming time dramatically. But as long as I have friends who still play, I'l always manage to make time to log in once or twice on the weekends for a chat. :D

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

I quit over some trivial updates like.. the flour in the generalstore icon removal, the way you pick cabbage, the way you could hunt one massive area and look for some noobs to obliterate and give them a one way ticket to lumbridge. The way I could give my friend a dragon scimitar without being drowned by the warning signs that he might be an untrustworthy person. The way I used to stake my money and hope for the best. The way that one hit knock out weapons werent the norm and the way that there was a system in which I could choose to do a deathmatch without being drowned by a truckload of pilejumpers the second I won.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

I quit the only way I knew would stop me 100%. I sold all of my valuables and held a drop party. I had tried many things to stop but the addiction prevailed. I knew that with no items and all of the hours upon hours of money making down the drain, I would surely not want to play; and now I don't. :thumbsup:

Don't play with fire!

Murfy.gif

18,200th to 99 Defence!

As long as I have something to do, new challanges and have fun, I keep playing it.

When will I stop playing:

- When I don't think it's fun anymore.

- When I don't have time anymore (e.g. School)

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

When I see my grades drop to 4 or less. Atm I'm at 7+, so I'm good for now. ::'

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

If I didn't have tif,my friends and if I got perm-banned, I'm perm-muted but thats not as bad as banned.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

I quit at the end of last year, a real life friend of mine had died and she was the main person I played Runescape with, as in we did practically everything together. I spent a few weeks trying to make new friends, but even with all my friends it wasn't the same so I quit. Then I came back and my old account had been hacked and banned so I started afresh with Rainchaser07 back in December. To make me quit again would be if Runescape started getting in the way of school or friends.