What would it take for you to quit RS?

n_odie

I think it would basically take the game no longer existing. I really love the game and there are so many things to do on there that I can always find something when I have the time. And I am not one of the people that are bothered by all of the new updates to the skills that have been happening recently. I happen to like almost all of them. Unless they do something that would really completely ruin the game for me I think I am going to be on as long as it is on the web.

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only the death RS would make me quit permanently. I do get bored from time to time and find other games to play for a while, but I always come back as I have yet to find another game that holds my interest as much as RS. It has so much to do - skilling, quests, mini-games, monster hunting......

I don't know but this topic is pretty similar to the one I made on that "other fansite". Mine got closed cuz I got banned. Just saying.

If they perm banned my account,whcih they are close to doing anyways.

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

It took my dad to block the Runescape site and moniter what sites I go to to prevent me from trying to play the game (no I'm not obsessed with it, it's just I had nothing better to do back then)

I just gotta way 1.5 years before I play again #-o

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

im bored with rs actually. im semi-quitted, just log on for a few minutes to keep my mtk support at max and to chat with friends. if i do get on for longer periods its to train slayer on my pure...

im tired of the immaturity, the lousy updates, the trade max, and all the time ive wasted in rs.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

Disconnecting 20+ times a day which is happening at the moment (no it's not my computer #-o ) as a last resort i'm getting my bro to defrag the computer when he has time, if that doesn't work then i'm quitting :cry:

I don't see how defragmenting is gonna solve your problem, unless you have some lag issues.

Neither do I. Btw- "when he has time". Just go to Start-->All Programs-->Accessories-->System Tools-->Disk Defragmenter

acheron.jpg

A better game that either:

1. I'm so fanboy happy about (stargate worlds)

2. Doesn't have annoying idiots, and the only person who can nuke your creation is yuorself (Simcity4)

3. Can be played offline with simple AI that when you win, you feel super (any command and conquer game that has an easy setting)

Or it can be a new tv show

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

hmm, the following would probably make me quit rs..

-a permanent mute

-any glitch that somehow made me lose my items.

-an extremely bad investment (jagex-manipulated crash)

-something even worse than the current trade nerf, eg- something that eliminated junk trading.

-removal/nerf of grand exchange/forums

- a girlfriend/sports; a deadly combo for runescape. not much i can do, but it would be more like an extended break ;)

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

well ill answer with a story:

Way back when, when dragon "med" helms were 1 mil :shock: yes i know they are like 60k now. i got scammed out of one. my very first scamming mad me very mad. and i thought that i would quit because of it. the next day i was back picking more flax to get the helm back, i did eventually. several months later the price had dropped to 500k and i was scammed yet again. but i had much more money then so i just bought another one rather easily and it didn't even faze me. i still have that third dragon med as a reminder to watch the trade window. ( aah nostalgia <3:<3: )

AND well here is another story that is along the same lines:

When i started playing i started with a bunch of school friends. a month later they had all quit yet i kept playing because i had made many new friends. none of them seem to play anymore either except a few, and only a few of them still talk to me< or vice versa>. now i can get on at any time of the day and have someone to talk to. also my friends list is at the dreaded or loved maximum of 200 friends. ill have to do some cleaning though cause like 40% don't talk anymore or are never on :wall: .

So based on those two stories i think it would take a lot for me to quit 100%. i will be very sad the day that RS2 is no more because i feel that i have grown close to so many people all over the world, from right across the street to 7 time zones away and beyond. they are what keep me playing. if woodcutting was gone id still play. so there is one exception to the bolded statement. IF, and i say "if", the chat system is taken away completely and we are no longer able to interact in such a way that i see is acceptable, i will leave.

So i leave you with this:

Do you play for the activities, the community, or just because you have nothing better to do?

Wow that was a long post sorry bout that they don't usually have that much pertinence to the subject at hand.

That is all.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Na it's been going on for 6 months now, and it just randomly happened one day and i've made 99% sure it's not my computer and by defragging the computer (starting fresh) it SHOULD get rid of it, if it doesn't, it's a clear sign that it's not me :P

If defragging doesn't get rid of the problem, it's not your fault? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. If defragging DOES get rid of the problem, there's an issue. Are you unable to do any sort of simple diagnostics? Maybe it's your internet cutting off?

Neither do I. Btw- "when he has time". Just go to Start-->All Programs-->Accessories-->System Tools-->Disk Defragmenter

Window's defragger sucks. Try JkDefrag. Auslogic also sucks.

since RS doesn't involve your harddisk at all.

It doesn't involve your hard drive lol? Whilst the involvement is minimal, rs is still stored on your computer. Just because you don't download something, it doesn't mean it's not on your hard drive.

id quit if world of warcraft lowered the monthly price, if jagex seriously, um well, sseing as i can say it, um, screwed up the game, even worse than taking away free trade and wildi, or , like the dude who posted first (sorry i forgot you name) said if i lost an important job or a gf

Aeolyn5601.png

Zombie: Eat Flesh

It would probably have to be some sort of in-game "completion" feeling for me, since I'm still going for some goals, and somethings I have wanted since I first started playing, and then I would probably give it up for the most part, except to occasionally drop back in game to see old frineds and check out how the game has changed.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

im thinking of quitting if my appeal doesnt work (got perm muted today, i was hacked. hope my appeal goes well. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: )

i will/would quit if i was banned. or if my appeal doesnt go through =[