Today...

Leoo

I think I went from knowing what PHP and SQL are to creating a session based online shopping basket in about 3 days for a deadline. And then I realised there's probably tons of source code online that I could have used instead. Those were a few fun sleepless nights.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

A late happy birthday to Saq. Seems like the drunk posts are gonna have to wait another week. Also, Tim, sounds like a nice car, what year is it from? 

In other news, friends and I are planning a trek through Norway near the end of the summer. Planning on arriving at Oslo by plane, then walking north to Trondheim, which is about 500 km away, before flying back from there. Meanwhile we're just gonna be camping outdoors for most of the time. I'm pretty excited personally. Anyone have any experience with stuff like this, willing to give some tips or something? 

Got my systematic botany exams at 2:30, not excited for that.  But I'm hoping it goes well.  Lab exam should be okay, lecture might not go as well.

After that I'm essentially free for spring break, other than two meetings tomorrow that should take less than a half an hour each.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Tbh I'll be honest, I made my blog because of resentment for certain individuals but I've received unexpected support and an apology I had not expected but secretly wanted so that I could move on properly and I woke up to an honest Whatsapp message that let me be at peace with some of the things that happened.

So I can start being a bit more positive and excited for the months ahead in my blog now  :-D  :-D

In other news I've had a pretty normal day...

Went to a lecture, came home and slept.

The usual.

Got a 6 hour lab practical on inorganic medicine  :blink:  :ph34r:

Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to it  :mellow:  :huh:  :o

and got 76 Mining y'day so all the reqs for ROTM are now reached too.

PHP is hard? What the hell? We have to write something in PHP for my database management class (the deliverable is "PHP scripts, that's all I know) and she hasn't taught us any PHP whatsoever, and we don't have a real class until after its due, just tests.

I was not looking forward to this assignment, and now I'm dreading it.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

There's always a relevant XKCD.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

A late happy birthday to Saq. Seems like the drunk posts are gonna have to wait another week. Also, Tim, sounds like a nice car, what year is it from? 

In other news, friends and I are planning a trek through Norway near the end of the summer. Planning on arriving at Oslo by plane, then walking north to Trondheim, which is about 500 km away, before flying back from there. Meanwhile we're just gonna be camping outdoors for most of the time. I'm pretty excited personally. Anyone have any experience with stuff like this, willing to give some tips or something? 

As a person who has lived in Norway for 10 summers and will be there next summer aswell (come visit me!), I think I am pretty qualified to answer that question, but first I'll have quite a bit of questions about your trek myself.

First off, how long time do you have?

Secondly, how much land do plan to cover in a day?

Thirdly, do you have really-REALLY good equipment capable of handling everything? (I got stuck in a blizzard on 1st of August a few years ago)

Fourth, which route are you taking?

Fifth, how much money do you have? Food is bloody expensive there.

Sixth, where the bloody [bleep] did you get the idea that walking 500 kilometres over mountains is a good idea?!?!?

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

PHP is hard? What the hell? We have to write something in PHP for my database management class (the deliverable is "PHP scripts, that's all I know) and she hasn't taught us any PHP whatsoever, and we don't have a real class until after its due, just tests.

I was not looking forward to this assignment, and now I'm dreading it.

It's not hard. It's kinda like C with dynamic typing. There are also a lot of shitty design choices, but those don't make it hard, just annoying. As with any other template language, you have to sanitize your output to prevent XSS attacks. Also, SQL is a terrible language and it places a huge burden on its user, so you need to be mindful of that.

I wish Lua had a good Node-like environment, then I would actually be interested in web development.

JavaScript is ok at best (I have many issues with its syntax and design). PHP is an abomination (so is Java, in my opinion). C# is ok at worst but it's pretty much IIS/Microsoft only.

I’d like to note there’s solutions out there, but they’re not nearly as tried-and-tested as Node or PHP or others.

edit: Actually, OpenResty + Luvit looks pretty interesting...

Honestly, for me, the biggest problem with web development is the inefficient languages that are used to build the web. I'm glad Node.js started to change that. Before then, you had... PHP. Somewhere between PHP and Node.js, things using Python and Ruby popped up... but they are also slow for various reasons and when compared to various other languages.

I would like my code to not need "MORE HARDWARE" thrown at it. Apparently OpenResty/Luvit are fast (on par with Node) but use considerably less memory.

I may look into this.

ozXHe7P.png

As a person who has lived in Norway for 10 summers and will be there next summer aswell (come visit me!), I think I am pretty qualified to answer that question, but first I'll have quite a bit of questions about your trek myself.

First off, how long time do you have?

Secondly, how much land do plan to cover in a day?

Thirdly, do you have really-REALLY good equipment capable of handling everything? (I got stuck in a blizzard on 1st of August a few years ago)

Fourth, which route are you taking?

Fifth, how much money do you have? Food is bloody expensive there.

Sixth, where the bloody [bleep] did you get the idea that walking 500 kilometres over mountains is a good idea?!?!?

We'd have about 2 weeks, 15 days give or take. We were planning on walking around 6-8 hours a day, so you could say at least 30 km a day I think. We still have to look into the equipment we'll be taking, same goes for the exact route. I remember there was a national park a bit south of Trondheim that we wanted to go through, but we haven't really gone so far as to really pinpoint the exact places we'll go. And for the last question: I don't know, I guess we're a bit crazy. We've never really been the kind of tourists that like to just go to a place and have an all-in tour of it, guess this is just an extreme extension of that. 

We've been wondering about the weather though. We're planning on going in September, you say you've been stuck in a blizzard in August. Does that mean the weather there can really easily just decide to [bleep] you up for no reason? I had the impression the climate there was a bit similar to part of Canada, where it's pretty warm in summer and freezing in the winter. 

JavaScript is one of those languages that grows on you. Once you're familiar with it and you understand its quirks, it becomes a really fun language to use

I don't like JavaScript as a language. It's really not any better than most other dynamic languages. Lua's simplicity enables impressive performance optimizations without costing the user of the language any expressiveness. See the comparison of LuaJIT vs V8 (and LuaJIT is pretty much a one-guy project!).

As a web application platform, it's better. We're getting to the point where it would be better and wiser to cross-compile programs written in C or C++ or C# or Java or whatever else to JavaScript to target the web than use JavaScript itself: https://www.destroyallsoftware.com/talks/the-birth-and-death-of-javascript

Also, is it just me or is the input box not wrapping lines? I was forced to write this in Sublime Text because of this.

ozXHe7P.png

Norway and Canada are really different. One is at a cold current, the other is at a warm current.

Which means that yeah, in Norway weather can change within a moment and at the coast you can't trust forecasts for more than 1-2 days. You don't really get warm or sunny summers and you won't get really cold winters. Cause you just have rain all the time. Or snow, in winter.

You won't walk 30 km's a day with full equipment in Norwegian mountains.

And I can bet you a hundred bucks you won't make it from Oslo to Trondheim on foot in 2 weeks.

EDIT: Also, tonight was pretty fun. Sauna for 3 hours and then a regular party. Well, besides the fact that my mate made me a lapdance...

I did not like it.

5 more days.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Happy Friday the 13th everyone! :XD:

<*groans like a dying ogre*> #-o

~D. V. " -.- " Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Had the table football tournament in our frat today.

Got my first loss in the bloody final. And lost the finals.

But went to a disco at a sorority. Was fun. Epicly so even.

4 more days.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Just signed the lease for my first apartment. Starts next year, gonna be living with 3 of my friends. It's pretty cramped, but the location is amazing (very close to campus and right next to a grocery store), and given Seattle's rent prices it's a very fair monthly cost. It's gonna be great.

And tomorrow I have one of the biggest tests of my life, my calculus final. It'll be my last non-stats math test of my life, ideally. "Ideally" meaning I'm very ill-prepared for it and I could very well fail the class if I do badly enough. I've barely studied at all because this is like the busiest I've ever been in my life. 

PRAYING TO THE PARTIAL CREDIT GODS

Best of luck on your test champion, but if I may ask - what is so important that it's keeping you from studying for what is, in your own words, one of the biggest tests of your life?  :unsure:

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.