Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

56823 replies to this topic

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,491 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
Tim, in case you didn't know, nearly all fertilizers are flammable. And almost all of the unidentified explosive devices in Iraq and Afghanistan are made out of fertilizers. In a bit larger quantities they are very easily explosive as is seen in this video.

Today, Tallinn 2013 international choral festival competiton part. I have been sick for a week so I have no idea what is left of my voice, but yesterday I heard that the bass group was in a total loss without me. Everyone got lower than they should and in one song in one bass solo everyone but me comes in a bit late. I can fix that. Hope to get a reasonable spot at that choral festival...
Posted Image

Furah
[ Display Name History ]

Furah

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,081 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Emp Midget
  • Clan:Reddit
This is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing.

I'm staying at some relatives' house for a few weeks. The internet here is so fast. I can download updates for my PS3, update Xubuntu, update Steam games, and still play online games with less lag than on a good day at home. Work tomorrow morning, family dinner tomorrow night, and then I have Sunday free to check out this cool thing that everyone keeps talking about. YouToob, iTube, something like that. It sounds really awesome.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
where are you working now? and YUNO Steam?

EDIT: Generic 420 blaze it [bleep] comments here.

Popoto.~<3

Varda
[ Display Name History ]

Varda

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,534 posts
Today, me and my friend got victims of a hidden camera prank. Couldn't find the exit in an IKEA apartment exhibtion, and got confused, saw people walking in the exhibtion, but couldn't figure out how they got out. And it's going to be aired on Norwegian television.

:twss:

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly
Today I spent some time actually trying to figure out how graphics processors work, and also found a lovely video illustrating the basics of CPU operation, to the point I now have a conceptual map in my head of how they work purely based on the clock and logic gates. Information of GPU's is frustratingly hard to come by, though I did find out what a CUDA core is, though I have yet to find a satisfactory explaination of AMD's use of stream processors. I feel I am missing some intermediate level of knowledge, but I at least have a bit better of an idea of what affects their performance, and how things like their memory actually works (which is totally backwards to how I thought apparently).

I've also found out that GPU's are surprisingly resiliant to heat. It seems CPU's usually have a maximum operating temperature in the 60's ©, where most modern GPU's will top out a little past boiling. It is however my understanding that 70C would still be considered hot, and by the time you reach 80 you are definitely shortening the remaining life of the hardware. I else expect bad things happen if your GPU actually gets hot enough to boil water (if nothing else, you'll probably cook everything else in the case).

Also, speaking of unsatisfactory answers. I am wondering if anyone knows if starring at white paper for extended periods of time (like during an exam) causes colour fatigue in the eye across the entire spectrum (though I am particularly interested with losing sensitivity to red). I noticed during today's exam towards the end of this morning exam that the skin on my hand seemed to have mostly turned grey, which isn't exactly expected (and I am not exaggerating, to me it looked a bit like a zombie hand), but I'm not even sure that's possible. My assumption (and this is exactly what you want the back of your mind to be working on during a calc exam) is that starring at white paper under fluorescent lights for more than 2 hours dulled my ability to see red a bit, and if I went a bit pale while being stressed out, that could make my skin look grey to me.

Might I also say it's actually kind of depressing when you work through an entire term of calculus only to learn that limits, derivatives, and integrals, are mechanics like addition or subtraction used to solve other types of equations? Not that they aren't each useful on their own. Derivatives and Integrals are massively important as a stand alone thing (I have no idea what limits are used for, except higher orders of math), but so is addition. Sequences, Series, Parametric Equations, Differential Equations, Polar Graphing. It's also fun to realize that at some point I will probably be doing Differential Equations in particular at some point that make the ones I suck at now look like child's play. I've also realized over the course of this term that my trigonometry is a pretty big weakness, and over the summer I actually need to dedicate some time to learning that stuff over again.

b6brc9.jpg

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,151 posts
There's a huge chance I'm getting my license indefinitely suspended. That'll teach me to drive better...right?

So...that's basically how my weekend's been going.

Life's been rough this week.
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
What the hell did you do to warrant a permo' ban on driving? run over an old lady doing 200km/h in a 60 zone?

(or 120 miles in a 50 mile zone for you crazy Americans, with your imperial systems)

Popoto.~<3

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,151 posts

What the hell did you do to warrant a permo' ban on driving? run over an old lady doing 200km/h in a 60 zone?

(or 120 miles in a 50 mile zone for you crazy Americans, with your imperial systems)

that's sadly not far from what happened haha
Posted Image

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
so excessive speeding?

Popoto.~<3

nine naked men
[ Display Name History ]

nine naked men

Chief Beef

• Members
  • 5,556 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
was gonna write a real cool adn funny post about how it's 4:20pm on 4/20 but while I was thinking of something the time ticked over to 4/21 so that was about 8 hours wasted
FBqTDdL.jpg
sleep like dead men
wake up like dead men

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts

was gonna write a real cool adn funny post about how it's 4:20pm on 4/20 but while I was thinking of something the time ticked over to 4/21 so that was about 8 hours wasted

[bleep]ing Australians

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
It's still 20th April here for us, so no idea where he lives.

Updated my blog (since I think RPG is the only reader of it) and I decided to give vlogging another crack. I don't have the best camera but it'll do until I buy one of those handhand Canon thingies for $150 in a month's time.

Popoto.~<3

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,491 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
Yesterday, had this LAN I was talking about some time ago. Played CS and LoL and Fifa. Never thought I would own in CS and somewhat in LoL.

Also, somewhat failed on the choral competition. Do not know the exact standings but we didn't win our category.
Posted Image

Nyosuht
[ Display Name History ]

Nyosuht

Website Crew Alumnus

• IRC Channel Staff
  • 1,815 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Omnipotence
  • RSN2:Nyosuht

4:20pm

Don't feel too bad about that. It would have been 16:20 anyway.

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837

Kalphite
[ Display Name History ]

Kalphite

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,230 posts
  • RSN:kalphiteman4
I kinda just realized I haven't posted here in a while. Anyways, it's just been a kind of stressful week for me. Had a bit of a scheduling nightmare because the music theory class I wanted to take filled up the day before my registration. After about four hours of frantic searching through my course catalog, I ended up deciding to replace it with German. Even if I'm not sure about the international minor anymore, I figure it can't hurt to at least give learning the language a shot. This means next semester I'm taking Programming II, Discrete Math, Greek Mythology, and first semester German; should be a pretty nice schedule I think.

I ended up coming home this weekend because I was getting too stressed up there and ended up having a pretty good night with some friends. While we were hanging out we rediscovered the gem of a cartoon that is Fighting Foodons:

Did anybody else here watch this animated slice of glory growing up?

Distracted
[ Display Name History ]

Distracted

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  • RSN:A Real Fool

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,151 posts

Updated my blog (since I think RPG is the only reader of it) and I decided to give vlogging another crack. I don't have the best camera but it'll do until I buy one of those handhand Canon thingies for $150 in a month's time.

I'mma need that link again, but yes I do read it :P

today I got offered to hang with like a dozen people, but I had work and now I'm playing catch up on my final projects cause I'm stupid and put it all off until today.

I'm obviously pretty pro at this whole life thing.
Posted Image

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts

I'mma need that link again, but yes I do read it :P

today I got offered to hang with like a dozen people, but I had work and now I'm playing catch up on my final projects cause I'm stupid and put it all off until today.

I'm obviously pretty pro at this whole life thing.

http://timmyjaycee.wordpress.com/

went fishing with dad most of this morning, not something I particularly enjoy but w/e. only thing i caught was ANOTHER fishing reel and poked the local crabs with a stick.

Popoto.~<3

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,151 posts
I got a raise at work, so I guess now I have some good news \:D/

Little more responsibility, but with a nice 12% pay increase so that's fun.

Also I got recommended a lawyer for my license debacle, whom I have to contact on Monday to see if I'm screwed or totally screwed.

Work in 6 hours. Haven't slept yet. Gnarly.
Posted Image

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly
Good to hear RPG, though someday I hope we get to hear the story (I am going to assume you aren't going to want to talk about it at least until the judicial system does it's thing).

I was watching TV, and the cops have a suspect in custody, and while it turns out he didn't kill their victem, they tie his gun to a few other murders, because his is a hitman for the mob. Suddenly it hits me how stupid that seems. If I killed someone, be it as a gang member, or as a hit man, or anything else, my purpose in life following the crime would almost certainly involve things such as never telling anyone, and making sure the weapon I used could never ever be traced back to the murder. It's not even hard to do. If I was planning on maybe using the gun again the future, I would remove the barrel and replace it. If it was a crime of passion or something, I would just skip to step two which is to go to home depot, get a hacksaw, and cut the barrel/gun into a few pieces so that no one can fire a bullet through it to get a groove pattern. Then I would take the pieces, and drop them in the water. Any body of water should do, as long as it's bigger than a ditch or water hazzard on a golf course, and not the closest one to the crime scene.

At the very least, I think I would put some tiny nicks in a few bullets and shoot them, to scratch the barrel a bit. At the very least, that should make it a bit harder to match bullets to the gun.

So I guess my real wondering is if there are people who are actually that stupid, that they would keep the same gun they have used to commit previous murders entirely in tact and on their person during another job. If this is your career, surely you can't possibly be that stupid. To me, that's on par with handing the liquor store you actual drivers license, then deciding you'd going to rob them. Given that this isn't a hypothetical situation, I'm going to assume that yes, there are probably people out there who are in fact that stupid that they would willingly keep a gun on their person that links them to multiple murders.

b6brc9.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Goonstalf in Goonstalf's Blog, on 16 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Source: Today...

Read Full Entry →

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users