Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

57200 replies to this topic

Duff
[ Display Name History ]

Duff

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

The Wii did successful because it luckily attracted the market of adults who used it for fitness and more physical-activity-oriented gaming. Imo, Nintendo didn't realize this was why the console sold so well, so they decided to make almost the exact same console with a few changes. Little did they know that the audience who bought all the Wiis weren't looking for a brand new console. Nintendo thought their Wii was selling to gamers, when it really wasn't.

Posted Image
| My Tumblr |

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB

I saw a game theory video on why the Wii U wasn't so successful. He compared it the virtual boy and all his points were spot on.

The Wii did successful because it luckily attracted the market of adults who used it for fitness and more physical-activity-oriented gaming. Imo, Nintendo didn't realize this was why the console sold so well, so they decided to make almost the exact same console with a few changes. Little did they know that the audience who bought all the Wiis weren't looking for a brand new console. Nintendo thought their Wii was selling to gamers, when it really wasn't.

That also makes a lot of sense as well. Most adults who would use the Wii for physical oriented games wouldn't need a new console. If it isn't broke why fix it?

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

Doesn't help that due to Nintendo's poor advertising, many parents thought the Wii U was just the gamepad and that it was just an accessory for the Wii.

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts

I played the Wii U a few months back at a bar. It was fun, until we had to use the new controller. I hated it. It completely discounted you from the gaming/social experience. I personally think Nintendo should stop producing consoles, and just become a 3rd party game developer. 

Posted Image

rocc0
[ Display Name History ]

rocc0

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,397 posts

skyrim + pokemon

nintendo you can have this company-reviving billion dollar IP for $1 million

TANSTAAFL

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

skyrim + pokemon

BatmanSlap_zpscb3667d6.jpg

Worst idea in the world and it's awful that people keep suggesting it.

Posted Image

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

...Is ZeldaRim still an option, though?

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

skyrim + pokemon

Yay for saying that something is "the worst idea in the world" without actually saying *why* they think it's a bad idea! \:D/

rocc0
[ Display Name History ]

rocc0

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,397 posts

skyrim + pokemon

forgot the old /sarcasm tag

TANSTAAFL

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts

skyrim + pokemon

Yay for saying that something is "the worst idea in the world" without actually saying *why* they think it's a bad idea! \:D/

Because they want to completely scrap something that's had nearly 20 years of constant improvement and tweaking and turn it into a drastically different game with a Pokemon skin. When you get bored of Call of Duty you don't say, "Man, I wish this were more like Phoenix Wright", you go play Phoenix Wright or other similar games. Turning a competitive turn-based RPG into an open world MMO or quest adventure doesn't work unless you completely rework the entire series from the ground up.

Not to mention that Pokemon is a game designed to be simple enough to be played by people of all ages. Can you imagine what an MMO made by Nintendo, who still uses friend codes instead of actual online accounts, would look like? It'd be the tamest game in the world with little to no complexity and be entirely populated by children. Are you aware that Cartoon Network made a MOBA? Saying it's dumbed down from DOTA 2, LoL, and HoN is an understatement. That's what we can expect if Pokemon ever became like Skyrim.

And of course rocco was joking so now I look silly for taking Pokemon so seriously.

Posted Image

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
There's nothing wrong with spin-offs, you know.
Making an open-world Skyrim-style Pokémon game doesn't mean they would have to completely end the current style main series.

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts

There's nothing wrong with spin-offs, you know.
Making an open-world Skyrim-style Pokémon game doesn't mean they would have to completely end the current style main series.

The amount of resources and effort it would take to make a quality Pokemon game similar to Skyrim would be too much to just make it a spinoff. If Game Freak is still going to work on the main series then that means it'll have to be thrown onto a 3rd party, and how many of those are able to produce games on the scale of Skyrim, add Pokemon to it, and make it good? Notice how every other Pokemon spinoff is either an already established kind of game with a Pokemon skin (Mystery Dungeon, Trozei, Puzzle League), or was really bad (Hey You! Pikachu, Pokemon Channel).

Posted Image

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

The amount of resources and effort it would take to make a quality Pokemon game similar to Skyrim would be too much to just make it a spinoff. If Game Freak is still going to work on the main series then that means it'll have to be thrown onto a 3rd party, and how many of those are able to produce games on the scale of Skyrim, add Pokemon to it, and make it good? Notice how every other Pokemon spinoff is either an already established kind of game with a Pokemon skin (Mystery Dungeon, Trozei, Puzzle League), or was really bad (Hey You! Pikachu, Pokemon Channel).

An open-world Skyrim-style Pokémon game would be an already established kind of game with a Pokémon skin. Not sure what's your point there.
Do note that when we say "Skyrim-style", we don't mean taking Skyrim and making that Pokémon. We mean an open-world game in general.

By the way, "If Game Freak is still going to work on the main series then that means it'll have to be thrown onto a 3rd party, and how many of those are able to produce games on the scale of Skyrim, add Pokemon to it, and make it good?" <-- Doesn't mean the concept itself is rotten to the core. Just because you don't know if there are third-parties who would be able to do it doesn't mean it would be impossible and that it would be a terrible game.

I'm not quite sure how you managed to skip Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD when listing spin-offs, but w/e.

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,521 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

Nintendo is doing an FPS you know. Called Splatoon. I am actually rather interested in this, brings lots of innovation to the table and seems fun.

Wii U has lots of great games. I actually prefer the Wii U controller to any other controller of the previous gen (PS3, X360), maybe more than those of any other current, since I haven't tried them. The gamepad is unbelievably comfortable actually.

Posted Image

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts

I would be happy with a Skyrim mod that replaces all creatures/monsters with pokemon characters. 

Posted Image

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts

An open-world Skyrim-style Pokémon game would be an already established kind of game with a Pokémon skin. Not sure what's your point there.
Do note that when we say "Skyrim-style", we don't mean taking Skyrim and making that Pokémon. We mean an open-world game in general.

By the way, "If Game Freak is still going to work on the main series then that means it'll have to be thrown onto a 3rd party, and how many of those are able to produce games on the scale of Skyrim, add Pokemon to it, and make it good?" <-- Doesn't mean the concept itself is rotten to the core. Just because you don't know if there are third-parties who would be able to do it doesn't mean it would be impossible and that it would be a terrible game.

I'm not quite sure how you managed to skip Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD when listing spin-offs, but w/e.

I should have specified "simple" games when talking about established games with Pokemon skins. Things like Chess or pinball where you can apply literally any franchise or series and have not much be different.

"You can't be certain it'll be terrible" is a bad argument because you also can't be certain that it'll be good. At least in my case I've said why I believe they won't be good. I left out Colosseum and XD because they're essentially the same as the main games except with a 3D overworld.

Posted Image

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts

If we're talking unconventional pokemon games, a SSB style fighter with only pokemon would be awesome.

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Nox

So i just went outside to have a cigarette. Wind is so strong. Can't even see across the street cause of all the dust. I was outside for 5 minutes and i have a 20cm layer of sand on me. To top it all off the wind blew my can of pepsi right out of my hand. And it was the last one too!

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB

^Super intense Noxx...might want to wait on the cig while that's going on lol.

Just woke up and I'm trying to get awake. Did some stretching and ran a couple laps around the house. Right now I am drinking some tea I made this morning and getting ready to shower after I drink my tea. I have became a tea enthusiast as of late. Went to www.teavana.com and started trying different types of lose leaf teas. I try to have at least 2 cups a day but I push to have 3 a day. I have noticed I have lost some weight (around 10 pounds) because I am not drinking soda anymore. Every time I crave a soda I drink two cups of water or tea. 

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts

I will never touch a can of 4lokos again in my life

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic