Today...

Leoo

I'ma be honest with you, I just googled "run halo 1 on linux" and copy pasted the first link without reading it. I have -10 clue.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Why the bloody [bleep] do we have Black Friday sales here?!? A [bleep]ing ocean and a continent away from the only place it is relevant at?

Why, just why?

[bleep]ing American mass-culture coming in through doors and windows.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Black Friday already started here so...

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I got a letter today saying Social Security is terminating my benefits effective January.

But they've got the wage data all screwed up for the last few months (they say I've made $500 more than I did each month). And I should qualify for the grace period which means any month I don't make over $1,180 (aka almost every month) I'll still receive benefits for the next 3 years.

I'm not too worried (I want to enter the grace period thing), but it's still a bit worrying.

ozXHe7P.png

I got a letter today saying Social Security is terminating my benefits effective January.

But they've got the wage data all screwed up for the last few months (they say I've made $500 more than I did each month). And I should qualify for the grace period which means any month I don't make over $1,180 (aka almost every month) I'll still receive benefits for the next 3 years.

I'm not too worried (I want to enter the grace period thing), but it's still a bit worrying.

Are your benefits through Federal or State? Hopefully there's an officer somewhere you could discuss how they came up with their incorrect numbers (my guess is pre tax errors) and place you in the correct spectrum of the program. Government is far from perfect

Are your benefits through Federal or State? Hopefully there's an officer somewhere you could discuss how they came up with their incorrect numbers (my guess is pre tax errors) and place you in the correct spectrum of the program. Government is far from perfect

Federal. I have no idea how they got the numbers they did (incorrect data from background check company?), because I've been reporting my gross wages like I should be.

ozXHe7P.png

Unrelated question, but if you have unused paid vacation time at a job, do you typically get compensated for it if you lose or quit the job? Seems to say in a handbook that you get it but I am curious if this is actually the case.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Should be company policy, and some may prorate it for time worked, but you should be entitled to compensation for any vacation time/pay you lost/were unable to use.

I quit as a lab tech a few years ago when I had 2 weeks vacation and let me tell you about how many hundreds of dollars they should have paid me and didn't

I quit as a lab tech a few years ago when I had 2 weeks vacation and let me tell you about how many hundreds of dollars they should have paid me and didn't

If you don't need a reference, should just use your vacation time then quit.

Because they wouldn't give you two weeks notice when they fire you.

#edgycommunist

ozXHe7P.png

Yeah that was an expensive lesson to learn lol.

At least I know for next time AND I could get my job back anytime I wanted.

But for right now I drank a bottle of tequila and it's 430am and I'm tired as [bleep]k

In here, employers are legally required to reimburse any untaken vacation days. We also have mandatory 28 days paid vacation per year...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

In here, employers are legally required to reimburse any untaken vacation days. We also have mandatory 28 days paid vacation per year...

Wow 28 days! That means you can disappear for like 2 months, incredible.

I don't know if taking vacation time and quitting is the greatest idea though. They're going to call the place and ask how employee X was when you are applying for the next job, aren't they?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

yeah, i wouldn't burn bridges. In canada, employers are legally obligated to pay out statutory vacation (2 weeks), but not company vacation (anything extra)

#edgycommunist

I'd say treating employers like they treat you is about as capitalist as you can get :D

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

yeah, i wouldn't burn bridges. In canada, employers are legally obligated to pay out statutory vacation (2 weeks), but not company vacation (anything extra)

#edgycommunist

I'd say treating employers like they treat you is about as capitalist as you can get :D

In my experience, most employers just pay 4% on every cheque. 

j0xPu5R.png