Today...

Leoo

So god damn tired.

Slept less than 3 hours yesterday, and then spent the whole day on the hill snowboarding. Man, I missed that stuff. Did manage one proper fall though, on great speed and on ice.

Also had to drive ~5 hours total. Got pulled over by cops for the first time in my life. Turns out the insurance ran out at the end of September and it did not automatically renew.

Got sent away with a warning, seems like they had a call somewhere else or sth. It was 11 PM on a Saturday after all.

After that went to my mate's birthday. Saw some new people some who I had not seen for ages. 8+ years in cases. Had some... interesting experiences. Got to my place to stay at 9AM.

Needless to say, I am super tired. Not too good sleep at a couch about a foot shorter than I am.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Why is network sharing between 2 windows pcs so hard? It seems like it should be super simple when there's literally a context menu option for it on every file...

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Where doe most of your time seem to go? Do you spend too much time on your hobbies or screen time? Or is it more of an issue where you have so much to do there aren't enough hours in the day?

• Like 1

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

I haven't done time management but as a first step, I'd just keep careful track of what you do for how long for a couple of days, like a journal, without making any special effort to change or do anything different. Then have a look at that and see if you're spending too much time doing fluff or maybe the issue is more being able to concentrate on something.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Time management? Tip, tricks, or other advice. Finding myself very much on the slide this semester through a sheer lack of it.

Consider using RescueTime - it brutally reminds you about how little you do while you faff around. I use it for working at home and I feel guilty everyday.

Luck be a Lady

I'm working on adding analytics to my game...

Unfortunately, most analytic solutions aren't quite suitable for the data I'm trying to collect.

So I'm creating my own analytics framework. I'm going to ensure integrity by having the client send a challenge with the analytics. The challenge will be some in-game data built upon the actions performed by the player. If the challenge fails to validate, I'll discard the analytics for that user.

I doubt someone is going to spend the time to write a bot to spoof my analytics but you never know.

ozXHe7P.png

*Meanwhile frantically coding a neural network to hijack Veiva's game stats*

What is this, LOTPW?

No

Oh, also:

h22WsPO.png

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

What do you mean with no hope? We'll be clingin' on with all our fingernails.

Also, I [bleep]ing hate the EJ16 engine on Subarus. Have I mentioned it already? It [bleep]ing sucks and there's no parts for it. 3 months at 3 different workshops and nothing. Now they are cutting out the catalytic converter today, as I heard...

Also, gonna be going on a job interview either on Friday or early next week. Kinda nice, when the HR girl is your former classmate...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Where doe most of your time seem to go? Do you spend too much time on your hobbies or screen time? Or is it more of an issue where you have so much to do there aren't enough hours in the day?

Screen time seems to eat it. I should have more than enough time to get everything done. Issue is I, and should try to fix this, hop on the computer and either start browsing or looking at netflix and suddenly 3 hours later I've got nothing done and really don't know what I did with the time. I've been attempting to help myself by creating my lists of tasks and referring to them but it doesn't seem to be working great.

Time management? Tip, tricks, or other advice. Finding myself very much on the slide this semester through a sheer lack of it.

Consider using RescueTime - it brutally reminds you about how little you do while you faff around. I use it for working at home and I feel guilty everyday.

I was thinking I might as well deploy a website since I'll be hosting the analytics server and I designed this:

[hide]2zKgwam.png[/hide]

(The screenshot is just a placeholder, I'm going to use one without the window frame, lol. The first "screenshot" is going to be the trailer when I get around to producing that.)

There will be the four Old Ones at the bottom when I get around to designing them. That's Yendor, Slain Angel; there's Bastiel, the Divine Arbiter; Gammon, the Realm Breaker; and Prisium, the Great Intelligence.

Also I added a cool new screenshot function that allows you to take a high-res screenshot your player:

[hide]qvR2qUA.png[/hide]

In debug mode it dumps all the mobs:

[hide]sDXdEkk.png[/hide]

The images are big so I hid them.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

Yo, on topic threads are getting lit with activity this week

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Well, nevermind. Seems the police cleaned up any evidence of post history of that one guy whos name I already forget. That's what you get for putting links in a page worth of necro posting I guess.

Coding in Unity is so different from traditional programming, and it does my head in every time. Like, the last 3 times I've tried to make something, I've gotten to "instantiate a prefab" and given up for 6 months after 8 hours of googling.

Like, should I just make a builder? Is that the answer? What are prefabs even for if I have to make builder classes ;-;

[bleep] you Jeff Besos

Only took 2 weeks, but I finally managed to get something on screen! I did make a builder, so like, I maintain my position, but it's there at least.

[bleep] you Jeff Besos

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

So I began working on the admin side of the website:

PPFTUWX.gif

Also wrote the HTML for the site, looks really nice:

[hide]a13Ic4H.png[/hide]

(The background is fixed, that's why it looks a little odd since I took a screeny of the whole page.)

My password is 128 characters long. GL HACKING IT [bleep]ES.

ozXHe7P.png

Saq could be NBA if he gets some robo knees

The back of my right hand is bleeding and not feeling good. I think I need some moisturizer or something? This tends to happen winters especially when I'm not in my own place...

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png