Today...

Leoo

Finally checked the homepage, first off the title on webpage looked like it just said "Tsyrealm". Also seems a bit odd that every chapter ends with...

Been a long day singing, should be good though. Damn we can sing well in a choir. And it sounds [bleep]ing good.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

ty for the useless feedback

@Hedgehog, that's useless to me. That's like me saying "Your posting ability is 33." also don't refer to me as bro pls and ty

Does this make the "I" more prominent/noticable?

ZeXA8UE.png

Edited by Veiva

ozXHe7P.png

I mean you wanted feedback and people are giving it to you, complaining about it isn't going to encourage people. Things I noticed:

Even when you pointed out the book was supposed to be an I I still had a hard time seeing it.

Also combination of the slideshow and arrow buttons for the pictures felt a little weird to me. I wasn't sure that the arrows did anything the first couple times I used them because the pictures were scrolling at the same rate. Maybe just pick one or the other?

Also the arrow buttons aren't aligned in Chrome which was a little jarring - I see you have a margin on one but not the other, maybe it'd look better with a bottom margin on the left arrow?

I think the font / character images are nice but the layout kinda reminds me of a 90s geocity site lol. It's fine but doesn't look super modern, probably because you don't use the full width of the page like most more modern pages do. Look at some examples for some more modern games like the sites for Stardew Valley and Wargroove - see how these sites use the full width and break up into sections? I think that would help your site look more professional. You could maybe have your background on top, transition into the ItsyRealm logo over it, go into a slideshow, then give your blurb and github link at the bottom.

edit: posted this before the second logo but I still have a hard time reading the I tbh

• Like 2

I mean you wanted feedback and people are giving it to you, complaining about it isn't going to encourage people. Things I noticed:

Even when you pointed out the book was supposed to be an I I still had a hard time seeing it.

Also combination of the slideshow and arrow buttons for the pictures felt a little weird to me. I wasn't sure that the arrows did anything the first couple times I used them because the pictures were scrolling at the same rate. Maybe just pick one or the other?

Also the arrow buttons aren't aligned in Chrome which was a little jarring - I see you have a margin on one but not the other, maybe it'd look better with a bottom margin on the left arrow?

I think the font / character images are nice but the layout kinda reminds me of a 90s geocity site lol. It's fine but doesn't look super modern, probably because you don't use the full width of the page like most more modern pages do. Look at some examples for some more modern games like the sites for Stardew Valley and Wargroove - see how these sites use the full width and break up into sections? I think that would help your site look more professional. You could maybe have your background on top, transition into the ItsyRealm logo over it, go into a slideshow, then give your blurb and github link at the bottom.

edit: posted this before the second logo but I still have a hard time reading the I tbh

Literally you're the only one who has given good feedback.

Think back to English class and tell me any of this feedback (sans yours) is good

Also this kind of feedback would've been helpful when I posted a mock up ... a few weeks ago (this is not directed at you)

I like Wargroove's site but Stardew Valley's sucks, really.

ozXHe7P.png

i would incorproate the book logo idea somewehre else in thet itle and just have a normal upperacse i instead for legiibility

I think there's merit to this, typos not withstanding. I'd like to at least see what it would look like if the book icon was more centered as a background piece (much like the sword in runescape) and had a letter character for the "I"

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Go to the audits tab in the dev tools and run an audit, on mobile and desktop, and it'll give you a list of everything you need to fix

Besides a few warnings I don't care about, all the mobile warnings are for a "mobile Chrome app" which my site is not.

ozXHe7P.png

(has only checked the site on mobile)

Today, finally sorted out my grandma's inheritance. Got everyone together, which I thought would be pretty much impossible. No holdups. Even my drunkard uncle managed to get sober.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Go to the audits tab in the dev tools and run an audit, on mobile and desktop, and it'll give you a list of everything you need to fix

Besides a few warnings I don't care about, all the mobile warnings are for a "mobile Chrome app" which my site is not.
Think it means for users viewing the site from Chrome app, when looking at it on my phone I can't see the slideshow image at the top, which isn't a big deal.

I disabled the slideshow on mobile.

Hedgehog, those warnings are for "progressive web apps." My site isn't a progressive web app. Why would I fix them? Progressive web apps are sites that can run "offline" and pinned like an app on Android and ChromeOS.

I fixed almost all the warnings that were relevant. My site is now mobile friendly. Google's webmaster tools agree so ...

BpdjVnw.png

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

Ok the point was I fixed most of the warnings and will fix a few more when I get around to it; the bulk of those really bad warnings (PWA) aren't relevant to my website. Look I'm trying to say I listened to your feedback.

Estonian Dude gave me some feedback so I added a few things:

dnOobLU.png

KFyO4xO.png

(Tool tips in inventory-based UIs like shop windows and the inventory tab + level up notifications).

ozXHe7P.png

I like the level up notification! The item tip box is getting a little crowded though. Maybe have a toggle switch for like "advanced info" and "basic info" for item boxes?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Yeah, the available actions seems unnecessary when you get them anyway right-clicking.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I've had three different opinions on how to handle the tool tip lol.

Someone likes the actions, two people don't want the actions but keep the rest, and one person wants just the item. Wee.

I'll make an executive decision and here we go:

7X9Utx5.png

Shows "[Verb] Item Name / Description". [Verb] is the default left-click action, or nothing if there's none. I'll add a toggle for "light" tool tips that will hide the examine... eventually...

ozXHe7P.png

I went to a new dentist today and apparently I have four cavities that need to be filled. I've never had any. So how was everyone else's Valentine's Day?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

1 AM was when I landed at the girl's place and started doing something, when I started at 7 AM. We have the saying here, that he who does, can do lots.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc