Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

56805 replies to this topic

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,144 posts
Woke up 30 minutes after I was supposed to be at work because my phone died while charging last night somehow. Piece of junk
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Getting a kitten Friday. Sadly, due to college housing restraints he'll be an indoor only cat. My roommates are lukewarm about the idea and my mom is against it.. But I want one so I'm finna do it anyway.

CALLING ALL CAT OWNERS:
Will the kitten get bored/lonely while I'm working 8 hour shifts and he's all locked up in my room? I almost feel like getting a second one without running bit by my family. Ha. Don't like the idea of the poor guy being alone for so long everyday

Also, when he's older and litter trained he'll have free roam of the house, if that makes any difference

Is it a kitten kitten or a cat? A kitten will probably get depressed if it doesn't receive much attention for that amount of time. You'd really need 2 of them to keep them happy. If it were a cat, that might be a different story.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
Yeah, and if you leave it unattended for too long, it'll run away and you'll have to go see Gertrude to buy another one for 500 coins.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Dragon Slayer

• Administrators
  • 7,080 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Except in real life they might start to get suspicious when you're going to buy your tenth cat...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
Just say you're a crazy cat lady and then everything will be fine.

Low Levelled
[ Display Name History ]

Low Levelled

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,559 posts
Kitten

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

Kitten

Get two or get a full grown cat that you know doesn't mind being left alone. Still though, leaving a kitten for 8 hours means that you're going to get a lot of cat piss all over your room until you train them to use the litter box.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Low Levelled
[ Display Name History ]

Low Levelled

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,559 posts
Or I'll get the kitten, thanks tho

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Cats suck get a dog.

Posted Image

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts

Cats suck get a dog.

How does being wrong feel?

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,144 posts
I keep my disposable income as a pet. When it's lonely I work more and I never have to feed it or take care of it when it's sick
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,491 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

Cats suck, get a dog.

Posted Image

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,781 posts

Cat

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,442 posts

e9667f5a16b59e6769f452a621d876c7.png

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts

Cats are a bit boring, but they definitely don't need the same level of attention that dogs require. I would think it'd be fine alone, but I've never had to keep one locked up in a room all day. 

Posted Image

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,952 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

Well - the easy answer is to your question Low levelled. Would you leave a 2 year old kid by itself in a room for 8 hours?

Considering that a kitten that has been weaned off it's mother is probably as mature - the answer is no. I hope for your sake you take a few days off work to allow the cat to get used to the new environment you plan on keeping it in before returning to work otherwise you will have one sad cat. If anything ask your roommates to keep an eye on the cat or atleast let the cat roam the house - don't keep it just in your room. 

For the first day - when you are with it, keep it in your room with the litter tray and food bowl and water e.t.c and it's bed. And then on the 2nd day leave your door open so the cat can see that there is more to it's new world and it might want to explore for a bit (you don't have to force it too). It will hopefully begin to know where it's litter tray is by then and hopeful won't shit all over the house.

Or don't get a cat until you are with people who actually really want a cat. That being said your roommates will probably want to play with the kitten because who doesn't!

Luck be a Lady

Low Levelled
[ Display Name History ]

Low Levelled

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,559 posts
I'm getting it tomorrow and don't work till Tuesday, so I'll have 4 days with it. Also, I have one roommate that's willing to play with it a bit while I'm working so that's a plus.

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,952 posts
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

all will be fine then, just let the cat explore the house when you are out. It will know where to poop as long as it can get to the litter tray.

Luck be a Lady

Low Levelled
[ Display Name History ]

Low Levelled

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,559 posts

all will be fine then, just let the cat explore the house when you are out. It will know where to poop as long as it can get to the litter tray.

Thanks man. Do I just put it in the box like when I think it's gonna shit/piss? Google says times like after meals and naps are prime shitting times

Nekyia
[ Display Name History ]

Nekyia

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • RSN:Nekyia

Getting a kitten Friday. Sadly, due to college housing restraints he'll be an indoor only cat. My roommates are lukewarm about the idea and my mom is against it.. But I want one so I'm finna do it anyway.

CALLING ALL CAT OWNERS:
Will the kitten get bored/lonely while I'm working 8 hour shifts and he's all locked up in my room? I almost feel like getting a second one without running bit by my family. Ha. Don't like the idea of the poor guy being alone for so long everyday

Also, when he's older and litter trained he'll have free roam of the house, if that makes any difference

When bringing a cat into your house it's better to only give them access to one room in the beginning anyway.  Having to adjust to one room is a lot less stressful than an entire house and all the people in it.  If you can, buy cat trees, toys, or things that can hang off door knobs, etc. so the kitten has stimulating items while your gone.  The big thing is to give it actual play time when you're around.  I find even if I can only squeeze in a half hour of play time with my cats it makes a big difference in them (and by play time I mean I can work them up to the point where they are tired and panting).

As for it being an indoor only cat, that's really the best thing for a cat.  Better for the health and lifespan of the cat and much better for the environment since cats are such invasive species.

As for the litter box, you can put him in after he eats and whenever you notice him wake up.  Plus if he does have an 'accident' if you can move any of it into the box that will help them associate the litter box with their waste (a lot easier if their first accident is a solid obviously).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Goonstalf in Goonstalf's Blog, on 16 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Source: Today...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users