Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

57200 replies to this topic

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I had one of those before and started feeling depressed after 6 months of that so I ended up quitting. 

Skull
[ Display Name History ]

Skull

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,790 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

I did it 30 hours a week for just a summer and was miserable.

And it was a cool job too.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,230 posts
Working overnights consistently has proven to take substantial amounts of time off your life expectancy. Its just not an ideal life style

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,063 posts
I've heard what sounds like someone breathing into/scratching a mic through my headphones 3 separate times tonight. It's very disconcerting. I hope it's just my headphones having a bad connection, which they've had for several months. (but they've never made that noise!)

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Kalphite
[ Display Name History ]

Kalphite

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,232 posts
  • RSN:kalphiteman4

Just weighed myself for the first time since I started lifting again in  mid March and found out I'm up about 14 pounds since then, pretty much none of it being extra body fat  :thumbup: veryyy happy with this for three months progress

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,230 posts
Headphones do that just before they five out usually. Comes from a loose wire between the bud and the chord, usually internal. Generally not worth fixing unless your headphones were super expensive.

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

I've heard what sounds like someone breathing into/scratching a mic through my headphones 3 separate times tonight. It's very disconcerting. I hope it's just my headphones having a bad connection, which they've had for several months. (but they've never made that noise!)

You should have the ghost exorcised from your headphones.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,605 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly

Apparently holding objects tightly for several hours a day 5 or 6 days a week isn't good for you  :rolleyes:

I now have a 'trigger finger'. Was pretty weird the first time I woke up to find my right ring finger locking up. It goes away pretty quickly, but my Chiropractor showed me how to massage it so that I don't have to deal with that all the time. On the other hand, both my hands have a much stronger grip now. Good endurance too, so it's not all bad I suppose. Actually, probably in great shape for rock climbing now.

A couple weeks ago I got to go rappelling down the side of a 14 story building. Just so much fun. The part where you are standing backwards on the ledge being tied in, then lowering yourself over the ledge, that's crazy. Like, if I had looked down at that point, I don't think I could have done it. Once you get used to it though, it's quite fun. Definately got some good jumps in. Would have loved to do that a few more times. I've wanted to repel again since I had a chance to try it in a rock climbing gym (which was only high enough for one bounce really). Good view too, though I didn't get quite comfortable enough to stand sideways so I could get a better view.

Low Levelled
[ Display Name History ]

Low Levelled

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,559 posts

Definately got some good jumps in.

http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,230 posts
I misspell definitely so often I think my auto correct gave up on me

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Whoever made that website definitely had too much free time on their hands...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

MuffinMaddy
[ Display Name History ]

MuffinMaddy

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • RSN:Muffin Maddy

Worked the last 3 days, my feet are sore and I'm tired but oh well, I get paid.

Ouch, best of luck with that Nox, sounds like a shitty situation to be in. 

I start working at McDonald's again tomorrow. Should be really hot and we're in a pretty touristic area so it'll immediately be a busy day to start off, but oh well. 

My boyfriend only just started working at McDonald's as well. Only been there two days and his colleagues are racist, sexist high school dropouts and he was talking to one of them about something and the guy randomly described black people as animals and needing to be kept in the zoo. Was a bit awkward for my boyfriend and he wisely decided not to explain that his girlfriend is black  :unsure: They also constantly disrespect female managers and make fun of women on the job.

Anyway, yeah working on fries is quite intense according to him as he's never had any sort of customer service job or food-related job. He's undercooked nuggets and got a burn on his arm from the oil, so you could say it's going well  :o

Good thing the McDonald's I work at isn't anything like that. Even students who have barely any idea what they're doing on the job don't get disrespected (by staff I mean), nor do any of the female staff. It's actually a pretty good working environment. It had been a while since I last worked there and the place had been renovated since, and there's been some changes to the menu and such that I've had to adapt, but even if it's really busy I always feel like I can ask my question to someone else and get a decent reply. 

And Nox, I've been wondering, what exactly drew you to Qatar in the first place? 

It's awful, even the manager said to a Lithuanian boy who was working there "If you can't do the job, I'll find someone who can you stupid polish idiot!"

It's outrageous and an awful working environment. My boyfriend is constantly being put down for being slow at things he's never done before.

Apparently after three shifts, you're not a trainee anymore.

Low Levelled
[ Display Name History ]

Low Levelled

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,559 posts
I mean.. It is fast food. Not sure why anyone would expect that work environment to be anything but shitty

Kalphite
[ Display Name History ]

Kalphite

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,232 posts
  • RSN:kalphiteman4

Idk I actually enjoyed working at Jimmy Johns. It was super laid back, everyone was super friendly and I actually hung out with coworkers outside work, plus minimal injury risk lol.

Today was...a bit of a roller coaster lol. I've been struggling a lot with impostor syndrome at work these past few weeks because I just feel like I've been underperforming relative to where I want to be right now and I've been feeling like I'm not worth as much as I'm being paid. Just have been getting really down because of it and nearly broke down at work yesterday before I was saved by a lunch break and was able to pull myself back together. Anyways, today I ended up having an informal meeting with my team lead and without me even prompting it he mentioned that the previous intern didn't mention that he felt impostor syndrome until the very final evaluation and wanted to know if I was feeling anything similar and that it was okay to talk to him about it.he also mentioned that he has been struggling with it on and off since he got to Google. Idk it's a really shitty feeling but it felt good to feel less alone with it.

Anyways, after work I went to a mewithoutYou/Foxing show in San Francisco. On my way up there, I got a call from a friend back home saying that my best friend had ended up in the hospital after an anxiety attack. I talked to her boyfriend and he said that she just randomly started saying a bunch of terrifying depressing things and so he took her in, but she was calmed down now and he and her family would make sure she wasn't alone for the weekend. I'm really glad that they're doing that for her, it sucks ass knowing that a close friend is going through such serious stuff and being 2600 miles away and unable to do anything. I got to talk to her eventually though and she seemed calm, I'm hoping I can talk to her more tomorrow.

At the same time that I was dealing with that, I got a text from my mom saying that my baby cousin had been kidnapped by his birthfather and taken to Texas. It apparently seems more like a custody dispute than an actual kidnapping but it is still super worrisome. Nothing I can really do about it though.

Anyways, despite all of that the show was incredible. It was my first time seeing Foxing and my second time seeing meiwthoutYou and both bands were amazing, it's been so long since ive been to a show with that much energy where I could actually mosh kinda haha. Ended up getting headbutted in the face so I got out of there pretty quickly. One of my front teeth hurts like a [bleep] but nothing's lose and my retainer still fits so I think it's all fine. Still hella fun though.

Now, to try to fall asleep and somehow make it into work tomorrow without too big of a hangover...

champion
[ Display Name History ]

champion

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,176 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

-

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts

Drunk bike riding is my new favourite drunk activity. Didn't even fall once.

Definately got some good jumps in.

http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/

I pronounce it de fy night lee in my head now so I remember the spelling

Solemn
[ Display Name History ]

Solemn

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • RSN:Solemnis

Called in sick, I feel terrible.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

That has been me for close to a week now. :(

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Distracted
[ Display Name History ]

Distracted

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  • RSN:A Real Fool

I mean.. It is fast food. Not sure why anyone would expect that work environment to be anything but shitty

What does it matter which sector it is? If the people you work with are shitty people, you'll dread going to work and vice versa, whether you're a garbage man or a rocket scientist. 

Worked the last 3 days, my feet are sore and I'm tired but oh well, I get paid.

Ouch, best of luck with that Nox, sounds like a shitty situation to be in. 

I start working at McDonald's again tomorrow. Should be really hot and we're in a pretty touristic area so it'll immediately be a busy day to start off, but oh well. 

My boyfriend only just started working at McDonald's as well. Only been there two days and his colleagues are racist, sexist high school dropouts and he was talking to one of them about something and the guy randomly described black people as animals and needing to be kept in the zoo. Was a bit awkward for my boyfriend and he wisely decided not to explain that his girlfriend is black  :unsure: They also constantly disrespect female managers and make fun of women on the job.

Anyway, yeah working on fries is quite intense according to him as he's never had any sort of customer service job or food-related job. He's undercooked nuggets and got a burn on his arm from the oil, so you could say it's going well  :o

Good thing the McDonald's I work at isn't anything like that. Even students who have barely any idea what they're doing on the job don't get disrespected (by staff I mean), nor do any of the female staff. It's actually a pretty good working environment. It had been a while since I last worked there and the place had been renovated since, and there's been some changes to the menu and such that I've had to adapt, but even if it's really busy I always feel like I can ask my question to someone else and get a decent reply. 

And Nox, I've been wondering, what exactly drew you to Qatar in the first place? 

It's awful, even the manager said to a Lithuanian boy who was working there "If you can't do the job, I'll find someone who can you stupid polish idiot!"

It's outrageous and an awful working environment. My boyfriend is constantly being put down for being slow at things he's never done before.

Apparently after three shifts, you're not a trainee anymore.

I do remember them having pretty high expectations from me as well when I just started out. My first day, almost 3 years ago now, I learned how to make hamburgers in the morning when there weren't a lot of people, but once noon came around it was just another busy summer day and I had to work as if I knew exactly what I was doing. Sure, I'd sometimes get some additional help or something, but after 2-3 shifts they expect you to get the hang of it. Like I said though, they never really resort to abuse to make something clear to you; they'll just try to explain things, or maybe they'll show you a different method of doing something you've learned. 

Low Levelled
[ Display Name History ]

Low Levelled

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,559 posts
The bible thumpers in Midwestern USA are in full force today and I'm loving every second of it

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Goonstalf in Goonstalf's Blog, on 16 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Source: Today...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users