Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

57018 replies to this topic

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

Java Gaming Experts who neither use Java, nor make expertly crafted games

Almost as terrible a name as the Holy Roman Empire, who was neither Holy nor Roman nor an Empire

Holy Roman Empire pretty much was an empire at the start. At the time of Charlemagne, it was pretty much all of Christian Europe.

In other news, 2 days of late night shifts in a row.

Kill me now.

Posted Image

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts

You know, I never really thought about this, but was runite ore and subsequent armor/weapons supposed to be magical? Because it was named based off runes, right, which definitely were magical, so that implies that the metal was supposed to be as well. It was not though, in any way, or at least it wasn't when I retired.

There's nothing in the canon about runite (or adamantite or mithril), but it might have been created by the dragonkin/someone else as a means of feeding dragons

I don't think it's "magical", but it definitely has some power from the elder gods in it.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,475 posts

as far as I know, adamant and mithril were both invented by Tolkien. 

And Jagex like most game devs have those armors then dumped their IP specific magical armor for the higher tiers. The reasons why armor is good tend to be meh

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts

Java Gaming Experts who neither use Java, nor make expertly crafted games

Almost as terrible a name as the Holy Roman Empire, who was neither Holy nor Roman nor an Empire

Holy Roman Empire pretty much was an empire at the start. At the time of Charlemagne, it was pretty much all of Christian Europe.

In other news, 2 days of late night shifts in a row.

Kill me now.

I love night shifts. Morning shifts make me want to kill myself.

Dax
[ Display Name History ]

Dax

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,014 posts

Morning is the best time to be alive. I woke up at 3:30 this morning to go to work. I've never been one for the night.

#KERR2016/17/18/19.

#rpgformod

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Shit day at work today. Last night we had a huge storm that knocked out the power for some parts of the city. Well my store had power and I guess every other store was down and out so we got everybody buying up flashlights, lanterns, candles, ice, and batteries. Normally that wouldn't be so bad but 2 people called in today so it was just me and my manager handling everything. Awful.
Posted Image

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,215 posts
The only thing I like about my job is I only have to care 40 hours a week and then I go home and I don't care. But the money isn't substantial. My girlfriend has a great job with full paid medical benefits, free lunch and 3 weeks vacation but it stresses her out so much she compulsively checks her work email and cries a lot. But she makes like more than twice my salary. What a time to be alive.
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

Morning shifts are quite shitty aswell, but I can't get the ratio of sleep before the night shift right.

Posted Image

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts

The only thing I like about my job is I only have to care 40 hours a week and then I go home and I don't care. But the money isn't substantial. My girlfriend has a great job with full paid medical benefits, free lunch and 3 weeks vacation but it stresses her out so much she compulsively checks her work email and cries a lot. But she makes like more than twice my salary. What a time to be alive.

It's crazy what some companies demand out of their employees. I was talking with a friend last night and she was laying out her work schedule over the next several weeks and she's basically going nonstop all day and night for 3 weeks. I don't even think she makes much more then I do in salary to be able to justify the sacrifice of her work-life balance.   

Posted Image

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
I do like 2 hours of actual work a day

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,215 posts
Yeah I do a mundane task or two for 5 hours or so, take a lunch break and do more mundane things for 3 hours and I go home. It's great. Thank God for ipods though.
Posted Image

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,475 posts

Yeah I do a mundane task or two for 5 hours or so, take a lunch break and do more mundane things for 3 hours and I go home. It's great. Thank God for ipods though.

When I was a kid I used to play a game called runescape where I did just that

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,954 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

The life of a PhD student is pretty swell - because I only do computational biology I get to faff about on a computer all day "thinking" about science. Although I have a few things I need to do this week :/ 

Luck be a Lady

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

"lunch break"

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts

"lunch break"

For me that was usually in the form of microwaving Hot Pockets and eating them while fishing lobsters.

Posted Image

MuffinMaddy
[ Display Name History ]

MuffinMaddy

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • RSN:Muffin Maddy

I don't think I really understood tears of joy until I had them myself.

The marching band I'm in got awarded 'best university band' at the 193rd St Patrick's Day parade.

This was my first and only parade with the marching band that I joined around two months ago.

In that time I've learnt how to march (which I had no experience of) and play the saxophone (which I hadn't done for two years prior)

and doing this activity has really lifted my emotional state in a way that I didn't expect it to.

I've made so many new friends as well as the fact that I feel like I've achieved something big, by making so many people and children smile along the parade route.

They were so happy to our handmade decorations for our instruments - when we did the dancing routines, yes I was nervous but the crowd loving it so much made me love it so much and get into it. 

It was so strange to be actually on the parade route with photographers and police guarding the lines. I love performing and I'm so happy I've been able to do it in such a different capacity to the one I'm used to (concerts).

Skull
[ Display Name History ]

Skull

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,790 posts

Just sent out an email about renting a house, hoping to hear back soon. 3 bed 2 bath for $910 a month, which is stupid cheap for this area. Like at least $400 a month less than most of the things I've been looking at. Plus a finished basement with a bar.

50-50 on whether its legit or its a scam.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,215 posts
Might have shit foundation or a shit landlord, but if you can't find anything wrong with it that's a steal
Posted Image

Lower Levelled
[ Display Name History ]

Lower Levelled

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 230 posts

Just sent out an email about renting a house, hoping to hear back soon. 3 bed 2 bath for $910 a month, which is stupid cheap for this area. Like at least $400 a month less than most of the things I've been looking at. Plus a finished basement with a bar.

50-50 on whether its legit or its a scam.

Live in a 3 bed 2 bath for $840.. granted it is a college town

Skull
[ Display Name History ]

Skull

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,790 posts

Got an email back, definitely a scam.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life