Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

57016 replies to this topic

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

In what time-frame is a a show that came out in late 2016 old?

Old in the sense that it had garnered attention in the form of a BBC article I read like two months ago? :P

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Gang Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Gang Sabre

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 572 posts

Today I woke up with a flu or fever or something, puked up my dinner. :(

Melos
[ Display Name History ]

Melos

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Melos
  • Clan:Maxed

Today I woke up with a flu or fever or something, puked up my dinner. :(

That sucks.... Hope you get well soon mate :( .

Today I decided to play some ArenaScape and update my list of goals for it:

ArenaScape

Last Updated: December 28, 2016

Melos
⦁    10,000,000 Fame [9,496,190 Fame on 12/28/2016]
⦁    Most Famous Top 10 Position [Position 3 out of 22,295 players on 12/28/2016]

MelosWoodlanders
⦁    Level 300 [Level 242 on 12/28/2016]
⦁    10,000,000 Fame [2,499,732 Fame on 12/28/2016]
⦁    Most Famous Top 10 Position [Position 11 out of 22,295 players on 12/28/2016]

Lorsque
⦁    Level 300 [Level 198 on 12/28/2016]
⦁    10,000,000 Fame [1,806,834 Fame on 12/28/2016]
⦁    Moon Great Sword
⦁    Ancient Meteorite Plate
⦁    Moon Kite Shield
⦁    Moon Crossbow

DanielHammersong
⦁    Level 300 [Level 156 on 12/28/2016]
⦁    10,000,000 Fame [972,138 Fame on 12/28/2016]
⦁    Moon Great Sword
⦁    Ancient Meteorite Plate
⦁    Moon Kite Shield
⦁    Moon Crossbow

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly

Finally got around to getting my new hardware setup. I guess I still need to reinstall Windows, so I'll be doing this all again anyway, but I've been itching to start putting things through their paces.

Turns out my power supply wasn't up to the task. Not a huge shock. Was able to pick up a new one today, an 800W to replace the 650. It's a weird setup if I'm being honest, but it allowed me to support the local shop that's been giving me some advice, and it means it got replaced today. The combined 3.3 and 5V rails are actually smaller than the old PSU, and it has a lot fewer SATA and Molex connectors (and their in pairs on the same lines, so the way my drives are spaced out one of my HDD's is on an adaptor, even though there are nominally enough SATA headers for everything that wants one), and 4 6+2 pin PCIe connectors, in pairs, which is a little iffy if you ask me. Forgot to check to see if both +2 pins are bonded to the same wires (so that one of the 3 base pairs on each strand are powering half of the total 16 connector pins on the strand: two of each 6 pin connector and both +2 connectors). I'm not sure I'd be shocked.

In any event, it's neither here nor there. The guy I bought the thing from uses that power supply, and I know he runs his hardware a lot harder than I'm ever likely too, so I'm satisfied that the PSU is designed to meet it's own operating abilities.

Also, my new 480 is a hilariously large step up from the 7950 it replaced. I've actually not yet had the chance to run it hard enough for the fans on the GPU to turn on, and the performance is spectacular.

b6brc9.jpg

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,214 posts
Was planning on working today and half of tomorrow given that the workload and commute would be a joke but ended up getting sick so now I have a 5 day weekend
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Making hamburgers from scratch tonight. Just finished the baking the buns. Ground the pork and beef chuck yesterday.

I believe I make great burgers. But I just use ground beef chuck and off-the-shelf buns. So now to take to make excellent ones!

ozXHe7P.png

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,214 posts
I'd eat burgers every day if it didn't put me at some kind of heart failure risk
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

I have a hamburger once every two weeks, maybe once every week. There's a rotating menu I use. We have pizza every week for two days though--I make two medium pizzas whenever my brother has a day off work. Usually have tomato soup + grilled cheese since it's cold. The rest is up in the air until I make a dinner plan for the week.

Anyway, the buns were too small, so it made eating the burger hard. But it was pretty good. I liked the texture of the meat. The baked fries came out really good. I soaked the fries for a couple hours. Think that made a difference.

ozXHe7P.png

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

Just spent over 6 hours making an 18 minute music mix with audacity. It is difficult trying a difficult program for the first time.

Most unlogical thing at the start was the selection tools. How the bloody hell can you activate something and adjust your selection. Clipping tools did not work intuitively.

I loved Premiere for making me movie clips for the fact that all the shortcuts were logical.

Anyways, some have gotta work on New Years' Eve. Yay me.

Posted Image

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Try Blender!

ozXHe7P.png

Gang Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Gang Sabre

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 572 posts

I have aquired a Solid State Drive for my PC... supposedly its 10x faster than your regular HDD. Havent noticed anything amazing but it is bottle necking right now, I couldn't fit everything from my original HDD onto it. (about 150 GB on my drive D). Still a solid buy, I can get another TB to compensate.

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts
SSDs are way faster than HDDs for stuff like booting your computer. I can get a 5 second boot into iOS or Windows 10 with my SSD.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

It takes longer for me to enter my disk encryption passphrase than it takes for my computer to boot to desktop with a SSD.

SSD is probably the most noticeable upgrade for most people, followed by more RAM.

ozXHe7P.png

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,418 posts
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez
To be fair Veiva, I think most non bloated modern computers could boot faster than the time it takes to enter a 24 word pass phrase.

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Try Blender!

Pretty sure that people who are good at modeling in Blender are actual wizards using actual magic. Pretty sure

For those of us who can't peer into the astral realm to perceive the true form of Blender's UI, the program contains only suffering and the bitterest of regrets.

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,038 posts
Officially gotten to the point in this build where I'm just plugging shit in where I can make it fit.

There's a case fan that is connected up to a dial on the top to change the fan speed, and as a result the actual fan's connector is wrapped up in the weird connector which I'm pretty sure is supposed to go to the power supply instead of the motherboard, but heck if I know how. So I unplugged it and connected the fan to the motherboard. Got some dangling cables now >.>

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

To be fair Veiva, I think most non bloated modern computers could boot faster than the time it takes to enter a 24 word pass phrase.

It takes me about 15 seconds to enter my 15 word passphrase.

A fresh install of Windows 10 took around 45 seconds to a minute to boot off a HDD.

ozXHe7P.png

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly

SSD's work best for strait data reads, like booting up the computer or starting Microsoft word, where the SSD is still the slowest element in the process. On the other hand, most games do data processing when they start up, so they have other things holding them back and will realise a smaller improvement. More modern games do seem to be better about actually saving their processed assets though, so it varies a lot by game (I find most games load two or three times faster on SSD, though I could achieve almost the same effect by loading off a USB 3 memory stick).

b6brc9.jpg

Melos
[ Display Name History ]

Melos

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • RSN:Melos
  • Clan:Maxed

Today I got a haircut at a new place... but it's pretty expensive X.x...

I also plan on getting Invention to Level 86 today! It shouldn't take long~.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

I got back together with my ex today, so that's exciting. 

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Goonstalf in Goonstalf's Blog, on 16 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Source: Today...

Read Full Entry →

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users