Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

57024 replies to this topic

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,217 posts
I think they call that ptsd
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

On a more somber subject, the charleston shooter was sentenced to death today. I'm curious to see how many people agree with the death sentence for this case. Thoughts?

“I would like to make it crystal clear that I do not regret what I did. I am not sorry. I have not shed a tear for the innocent people I killed. I do feel sorry for the innocent white children forced to live in this sick country and I do feel sorry for the innocent white people that are killed daily at the hands of the lower races. I have shed a tear of self pity for myself. I feel pity that I had to do what I did in the first place. I feel pity that I had to give up my life because of a situation that should have never existed.”

I'm not a fan of the death penalty, but I'm not going to argue against it after reading that

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

On a more somber subject, the charleston shooter was sentenced to death today. I'm curious to see how many people agree with the death sentence for this case. Thoughts?

“I would like to make it crystal clear that I do not regret what I did. I am not sorry. I have not shed a tear for the innocent people I killed. I do feel sorry for the innocent white children forced to live in this sick country and I do feel sorry for the innocent white people that are killed daily at the hands of the lower races. I have shed a tear of self pity for myself. I feel pity that I had to do what I did in the first place. I feel pity that I had to give up my life because of a situation that should have never existed.”

I'm not a fan of the death penalty, but I'm not going to argue against it after reading that

Yeah. I'm 100% against the death penalty, and that goes for this guy as well. But if anyone deserves it, it's got to be him.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Gang Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Gang Sabre

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 572 posts

What a nightmare it must be to be wrongfully accused of something that would send you to death row in the United States. Canada doesnt have a death penalty. I'm pretty sure there is a small percentage of people convicted of crimes that they did not commit. For those reasons I am against the death penalty.

But, yea, some people deserve to die. 

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,217 posts
I don't think there's been a modern case of death sentence on the innocent
Posted Image

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

I don't think there's been a modern case of death sentence on the innocent

This isn't remotely true - 4% of executed inmates have been exonerated - and that says nothing about those who were innocent but have not been exonerated:

https://www.theguard...ndants-innocent

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• 7,789 posts

It's not even the possibility of them being innocent that bothers me. It's just kinda dumb to kill people in general.

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,217 posts
Yeah but freedomeagle dot Facebook said hillary invented AIDS
Posted Image

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,039 posts
How long is an appropriate amount of time before you decide you don't like anything about a job and start looking for a new one? A year? 6 months? Because I'm super ready to move on...

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• 7,789 posts

You gotta look out for yourself, so leave if you think you need to, but usually you want to be there for a year so that it's easier to get your next job

Gang Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Gang Sabre

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 572 posts

It's not even the possibility of them being innocent that bothers me. It's just kinda dumb to kill people in general.

Yea, thats why God said 'Thou shalt not kill.'

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,418 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez

I don't know, personally I'm for the death penalty but only from an economic standpoint and if it can be carried out efficiently. For example, with a person like the Charleston shooter who is clearly guilty and even admits it himself why shouldn't he receive the death sentence? The alternative option is that we, speaking generally for the tax paying people, bear the burden of supporting this man through his life and paying for all of his meals, medical visits, clothing, etc... He honestly has no chance at parole and would have received a sentence which would keep him in jail for the remainder of his living days anyway, so why prolong the cost? 

That being said I feel like it should almost be more of a clause that can be provoked rather than a sentence to seek. Try the person for whatever crime they have committed, once it becomes clear beyond any shred of doubt - in this instance the accused's own admittance of guilt, especially with no remorse - that he was aware of his actions and that he will spend the remainder of his days in some form of incarceration, then the crown or another party could start a process to have him sentenced to death. I don't want innocent people, or people who truly regret their crime and may have another chance at life to die but even a jail sentence does nothing to a man who considers his actions right and won't take the time in jail to reflect on his crime or reform himself.

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

Gang Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Gang Sabre

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 572 posts

Didja know? Executing someone is a lot more expensive than life in prison. It costs more than letting the accused live in prison for the remainder of his days.

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,418 posts

Didja know? Executing someone is a lot more expensive than life in prison. It costs more than letting the accused live in prison for the remainder of his days.

That's where the effciency comes in. Currently it costs more due to the multiple, multiple trials and appeals to try and ensure the person isn't innocent of the crime possibly taking years and a boat load of extra money. My theoretical system which really only works in a perfect world has the original trial to establish guilt/sentencing and only one more after a multiple life sentence is handed down to decide execution or not. Additionally, after the second trial execution would be within a timely manner, no more than a month and preferably days to 2 weeks.

Fuzzybonez.png

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,039 posts
We're really far off from a "one trial proves innocence or guilt" system. I'm not entirely convinced that's going to be possible ever, tbh.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

I'll never forget the day I got the death penalty.

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Nyosuht
[ Display Name History ]

Nyosuht

Website Crew Alumnus

• IRC Channel Staff
  • 1,821 posts
  • RSN:Omnipotence
  • RSN2:Nyosuht

How long is an appropriate amount of time before you decide you don't like anything about a job and start looking for a new one? A year? 6 months? Because I'm super ready to move on...

If you're not having fun, if you don't look forward to going in, start looking. If there's nothing to redeem it, you should already be gone.

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,418 posts

We're really far off from a "one trial proves innocence or guilt" system. I'm not entirely convinced that's going to be possible ever, tbh.

That's why it's "my perfect world" idea, I realise that it I'd nearly impossible. However, in the case of somebody like the Charleston Shooter I think its pretty obvious where the guilt or innocence lies based on his own actions and statements.

Fuzzybonez.png

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

Today, I got my first shave in over a year.

Feels so weird.

Left my moustache on, so that it would be not THAT sharp, but I had a full beard for over a year...

Also, I don't support death penalty.

And, got me tickets for a vacation in Georgia!!!!!!@@@@ (The country, not the state. Don't know anything that I'd like in that state)

Posted Image

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,217 posts

I've seen people quit on day one after seeing what the job is really like. If you have other references and you don't burn your bridges just leave as soon as you can financially do so if you really hate your job
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Goonstalf in Goonstalf's Blog, on 16 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Source: Today...

Read Full Entry →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users