Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

56983 replies to this topic

MuffinMaddy
[ Display Name History ]

MuffinMaddy

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Muffin Maddy

https://essex.eu.qua...d6J685JC9C1mgi9 should work now

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,513 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

Should have "Unknown" as an answer option...

Posted Image

MuffinMaddy
[ Display Name History ]

MuffinMaddy

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts

Should have "Unknown" as an answer option...

For which questions? Do you mean "I don't know?"

For a simple experimental design we just want a true/false even if you're guessing it's totally fine - we're just looking at what myths are more convincing (The myths we used have been scientifically researched extensively to verify this) and the truths that are less likely to be believed.

The data is interesting so far but we need 300 participants and I've done most of the legwork - I think all the participants so far have been recruited by myself or by my friends sharing my post.

But yeah what you've said is totally valid and I'll put it in my project report as feedback. It's the first time my university's done anything like this - having Biological sciences team up with psychology to devise an experiment lol so it's just easy marks because we're guinea pigs.

thanks for doing it, Saq it helps a lot

Leading on from Saq : If you do it please tell me the good or bad things you think of it because that'll help me in my critical review due in April !

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,204 posts
Took it. I feel it's design is fine having done similar lab work in my psychology classes. I took a cancer bio class and still guessed wrong on a couple. Let us know how the data turns out!
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,513 posts

Also, having those UK-centric questions are not that foolproof if you get responses from all over the world. How the heck am I supposed to know about the British legislature?

Posted Image

MuffinMaddy
[ Display Name History ]

MuffinMaddy

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts

Also, having those UK-centric questions are not that foolproof if you get responses from all over the world. How the heck am I supposed to know about the British legislature?

For the purposes of the experiment we're just going to pretend you are, but indeed having advertised it on social media, I've had some Canadians do it (friends from year abroad etc.) and the other people in my group will have international friends answering the questions - a response is a response, I don't think we're looking that deeply into it, it's just simply what questions were answered correctly more frequently vs what ones weren't. But the first feedback point you gave is something I've written down as it's good criticism

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,204 posts
The state of California is inclined to disagree with what does and doesn't cause cancer compared to your answer sheet
Posted Image

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,472 posts
Basically everything causes cancer and needs a label here :lol:

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,204 posts
As far as I'm concerned - they're right. An extreme amount of anything could theoretically cause cell mutation
Posted Image

MuffinMaddy
[ Display Name History ]

MuffinMaddy

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts
More related to the thread : my mental health has actually been decent recently. I don't cry that much anymore and I've been so happy without the toxicity of the guy who assaulted me in my life. I can't believe I spent every day for like two months with him. I nearly drunk texted him last week and I managed to stop myself. It was lovely to wake up with no regrets. I've smoked three times in three days too which has helped me chill out but I need to stop to avoid relying on it, otherwise though I'm really pleased with the improvement in my emotional stability

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

I took my girlfriend to see The Little Mermaid broadway musical. It was quite a bit different than the movie (as expected), but it was still really good.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly

We're supposed to be having some kind of awesome winter storm today. Certainly having the wind, which started last night as predicted and should go on into tomorrow morning. Not so sure we're gotten any of the snow yet though. That said, at 70 km/h sustained winds, and 115 km/h gusts, the wind might just be clearing the driveway. I'll not complain about that.

Just hope to keep power. I have wood for a fire, but starting one in these winds, especially a nor'easter, is a good chance of blowing smoke back into the house. Should have made the fire last night so the fireplace could warm up again from ambient temperature. It's opening the door to build a fire that kills you; any warm air in the chimney and fireplace gets blown back into the house by the wind, and now getting an up-draft is that much harder.

Think I'll go build a fire now just in case.

Oh, and you don't see -1 with a -11 windchill very often. I used to have a chart, and I would have said that at -1 the windchill could only get to -8 or so :D

b6brc9.jpg

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,513 posts

Still freaking cold out here.

Also, going to Riga in a week and going snowboarding for the first time since my knee surgery... Wish me luck!

Posted Image

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

We're supposed to be having some kind of awesome winter storm today. Certainly having the wind, which started last night as predicted and should go on into tomorrow morning. Not so sure we're gotten any of the snow yet though. That said, at 70 km/h sustained winds, and 115 km/h gusts, the wind might just be clearing the driveway. I'll not complain about that.

Just hope to keep power. I have wood for a fire, but starting one in these winds, especially a nor'easter, is a good chance of blowing smoke back into the house. Should have made the fire last night so the fireplace could warm up again from ambient temperature. It's opening the door to build a fire that kills you; any warm air in the chimney and fireplace gets blown back into the house by the wind, and now getting an up-draft is that much harder.

Think I'll go build a fire now just in case.

Oh, and you don't see -1 with a -11 windchill very often. I used to have a chart, and I would have said that at -1 the windchill could only get to -8 or so :D

That is one hell of a wind :D. Here's one chart in case you're curious: http://www.candac.ca...ndex/tri/31.pdf

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,953 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

Oh rip maybe it's UK responses only in which case come on Boris

Can't do anything fam. Not found

Edit: I did it, I would be skeptical over the effect sizes  from the studies you are drawing conclusions and some of your questions are very limited.

Luck be a Lady

MuffinMaddy
[ Display Name History ]

MuffinMaddy

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts

Oh rip maybe it's UK responses only in which case come on Boris

Can't do anything fam. Not found

Edit: I did it, I would be skeptical over the effect sizes  from the studies you are drawing conclusions and some of your questions are very limited.

Oh I totally agree there's hella limitations to this but I don't really know what they expected from us lol since this module is in its first year.

Still think we're all gonna get firsts by default which is win win for me.

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly

Yeah, that's like the chart I used to have. From that, I guess -11 is probably as low as the windchill can really get at -1C.

We've lost power once so far for a couple hours. Didn't expect we would be getting it back until tomorrow morning, so either the wind died down long enough for a line to be fixed, or they were able to do something to work around it for the rest of us. Fun day.

b6brc9.jpg

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

As far as I'm concerned - they're right. An extreme amount of anything could theoretically cause cell mutation

Yeah but I remember when that law passed the law was intended to be a warning label for stuff people wouldn't expect to have health problems and would impact their decision making. Such as some brand of plates has x and you may not want it.

Instead they screwed with the law by making the wording so vauge that literally every building has a label and has chemical names that are 30 syllables long to where its useless information. So the warning labels are intentionally made useless by that especially when Oxygen can be placed as a cancer causing chemical.

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,953 posts
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

Yeah but I remember when that law passed the law was intended to be a warning label for stuff people wouldn't expect to have health problems and would impact their decision making. Such as some brand of plates has x and you may not want it.

Instead they screwed with the law by making the wording so vauge that literally every building has a label and has chemical names that are 30 syllables long to where its useless information. So the warning labels are intentionally made useless by that especially when Oxygen can be placed as a cancer causing chemical.

Hold on there Chuck, don't forget about Di-Hydrogen Monoxide, the leading cause of dysentery! 

Luck be a Lady

Melos
[ Display Name History ]

Melos

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • RSN:Melos
  • Clan:Maxed

Today I worked, and didn't do much after I got back home besides Uncharted Isles on RuneScape, OGame, and ArenaScape... I keep getting issues with Firefox so I'm going to be saving all my bookmarks and switching to another browser...

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Goonstalf in Goonstalf's Blog, on 16 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Source: Today...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users