Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

56940 replies to this topic

Kalphite
[ Display Name History ]

Kalphite

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,231 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:kalphiteman4

I feel like I never post here because I always feel like I have to catch up on all the time since I last posted and I end up putting it off since I don't want to do it lol. but tl;dr things have been going pretty well, Prague was an incredible trip, job has been going a lot better, I've been running a lot more, and started taking a swing dance class haha.

Also, I saw Radiohead this weekend. Might be the best show I've ever been to. They're just such a ridiculously incredible band.

Today I went to a performance art exhibition that one of my coworkers was performing at that he invited me to. It was... pretty bizarre lol but there were some really cool performances mixed in with the ones that went utterly over my head lol. They were themed around mental illness. , but it was pretty vague. My coworker did this collaboration with a dancer where they had a live feed of the room they were in projected onto a screen behind them, but with random frames from earlier in the feed mixed in so that time felt like it was jumping all over the place. The two of them were making slow gradual movements throughout their stage area, but the feed behind them made the same movements seem choppy as they were continuously replayed. They both also read poetry they wrote over the entire thing. I'm doing a shitty job at describing it but it was a really cool effect. Another piece tried to capture anxiety, but was pretty bizarre and had a girl slithering around like a snail eating kale out of a bowl face-first while another woman frantically rearranged flower petals on the floor and tried to force the snail-girl into making human movements while a third woman played a live violin piece under it all and projected a movie she filmed about snails behind it. I really... did not understand that one too much lol but it was still an interesting thing to see I guess. Definitely worse ways to spend a thursday night lmfao

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,511 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

It's [bleep]ing snowing here. Mid-April.

Thank you Putin!

(somesort of cold vortex from Siberia made it here)

Posted Image

Melos
[ Display Name History ]

Melos

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Melos
  • Clan:Maxed

Today I got caught up on my OGame stuff. I plan to hopefully get to Champion Mastery 6 on Morgana today, and slowly get back into playing Summoner's Rift on League of Legends so I can do Ranked once again.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,199 posts
I bought battlegrounds only to have my headset crap out, so now I've ordered a new headset. First world problems.
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RSN:Nox

I bought battlegrounds only to have my headset crap out, so now I've ordered a new headset. First world problems.

That's pretty much a re-skin of H1Z1, right? 

I've always been very interested in trying a game like that, but never really followed through with it. Probably mostly because i need a better PC first, but also because i feel like my internet/region isn't very favorable for most multi-player games.

Speaking of getting a better PC, it's something i've really been thinking about for a while now. I want to build (or have one built for me rather) a PC that'll be capable of playing whatever i want at max/near max settings. Honestly that's the only justification i can find for building a PC, since if i'm not planning on playing games at max settings, i might as well stick to console. Anyway, i have no idea how much (or rather, how little) i'd be able to spend to get what i want. Obviously i don't give a shit about recording, streaming, rendering, etc. etc. etc. so i know i won't NEED top of the line, but i'd want something as close to it as possible. Another thing that is probably going to be a MUST is water-cooling. I'm fed up and done with conventional fan-cooling. There's way too much dust where i live, and it takes the fan no more than a few days before it starts sounding like an old car engine. I had my Laptop for a year in the US and it ran perfectly. After about a month back home it started running hot, started crashing due to overheating, fan started running noisy, etc. I'm hoping that i can get something decent for around $1500 - $2000. I think the real issue however is going to be shipping costs. Since it'll be much cheaper for me to buy the parts abroad (because stuff like that is stupidly overpriced here), i'll have to find some way of shipping it here cheaply. And then there's also the fact that i know little to nothing about building a PC and PC parts... will require a lot of research before i actually get to it.

Completely unrelated topic... back in Greece for another session of exams. Kinda nervous. The closer i get to finishing, the harder it's becoming to stay motivated and focused. Really all i want to do is go home and play video-games. I think that really says something about my mentality when it comes to life. Sometimes i feel the reason it's taken me so long to commit and finish what i started is the fear of growing up and having responsibilities. Having to start paying my own bills, having a someone large amount of responsibility placed on my shoulders, etc. At the moment i think the only thing (and it's really not a good thing) that's helping me get through all of this is the idea of what my life could become once i'm finally able to say "I'm a pilot". The respect i would get from my family, not just my parents but my aunts and uncles, my friends, people who've always told me i'll never be anything or anyone. And of course i think it'll make pulling girls just that much easier, which is a bonus.

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,511 posts

Putting together a computer is like putting together a lego. Even my brothers both could do it and did it last year.

Hot damn how I am waiting for the summer, and by extension, autumn. South-West USA and Central America are waiting, and after that an extended round-the-world trip...

Will be epic.

Posted Image

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts

Hey bums, what'd I miss in my 'x' years absence?

Popoto.~<3

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,511 posts

A lot.

How's it going down under? Are you still alive even? And have you found some sort of stability compared to the earlier rollercoaster of a life?

Posted Image

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,199 posts
If you have a couple friends you like to game with, battlegrounds is great. It uses the same engine as H1Z1 (Arma) so in that regard it's similar.

Also

HAI TIM
Posted Image

MuffinMaddy
[ Display Name History ]

MuffinMaddy

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • RSN:Muffin Maddy

All my life I've never been confident in anything, but I can finally confirm that I actually am intelligent to some extent.

I was granted an academic scholarship for my master's degree which means I get £3000 deducted from my tuition fees.

It'll make a significant difference - I am over the moon.

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,199 posts
I talked a lot about Qatar tonight because I was drunk and Noxx speaks of life there often enough and I knew what I was talking about so... I'd just like to say thank you so much for continuing to post on these forums guys. You're all awesome and great and truly add a whole layer to who I am as a person for having communicated with you. Yes, all of you. Except you lurkers. [bleep] you and make an account so we can interact.
Posted Image

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,952 posts
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

All my life I've never been confident in anything, but I can finally confirm that I actually am intelligent to some extent.

I was granted an academic scholarship for my master's degree which means I get £3000 deducted from my tuition fees.

It'll make a significant difference - I am over the moon.

Congrats!

Luck be a Lady

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,511 posts

How else would you have ever even known about a country as awesome as Estonia?

I didn't know that things were so backwards in the States that you cannot fill up your car/motorcycle/lawnmower yourself but had to have someone else do it. I mean, kindergarten kids do it in self-service stations here.

Posted Image

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,030 posts
There are particular states where it is illegal due to 60 year old laws. It's not in any way a case of incapability, I literally don't understand that interpretation.

It's also only two states, so, like...

http://m.mentalfloss...le.php?id=18812

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Guest_Rob_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Rob_
  • Guests

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

There are particular states where it is illegal due to 60 year old laws. It's not in any way a case of incapability, I literally don't understand that interpretation.

It's also only two states, so, like...

http://m.mentalfloss...le.php?id=18812

I thought the article was entertaining.

Then I read the comments...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,465 posts

Just checking in for the first time in like two years or something.

What'd I miss?

Some people graduated college and some people disappeared off TiF. Other than that not much

Gang Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Gang Sabre

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 572 posts

I think the video speaks for itself!

Video isn't working but heres a youtube link: "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m5BttH85JQ"

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RSN:Nox

Back in South Africa, and even in Qatar, every gas station i've ever been to had someone to pump the gas for you. I don't think it's a matter of being backwards. Really don't see how anyone could draw that conclusion, if i'm being honest. Frankly i prefer having someone pump the gas for me. I get to sit on my ass, in my car, while someone pumps my gas, takes my money, and brings me my change.

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,199 posts
Createsjobs.jpeg
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Goonstalf in Goonstalf's Blog, on 16 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Source: Today...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users