Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

56981 replies to this topic

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

im on to something too

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Nox

I bought an Apple Watch today. Loving it. Been wanting one for a while and finally decided to get it.

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Did you decide on a list of acceptable adjectives or is there some sort of tool/dictionary available that tells you which of your palletes a given input is closest to?

I'm going to select a few hundred nouns/adjectives (nouns can be used in the description, I think; for example, 'pirate king' would make a pirate with a crown or something) and assignm them to groups. For example, words like 'big' and 'small' would be in the "size group". Different words in the group would offer different benefits; 'big' may may something 50% bigger, while titanic would make it 200% bigger. So a Titanic potion bottle would store 200% more potion, and a titanic shopkeeper would have a hard time fitting through the door... (And a slow shopkeeper would be easier to steal from!).

You get these words as scrolls from quests, monsters, and exploration. So if you want to summon a 'legendary undead terrifying titanic dragon', you'll need to find those adjectives and nouns first... And it will also drop items that are legendary, undead, terrifying, and/or titanic. This means that a 'puny small dragon' would drop puny, small items, making it less worthwhile to game the description to make the game easier (your drops would suck).

Don't people make decent money, making games like that on miniclip or addictinggames [may i date myself and suggest flashplayer.com?]or something? You could be on to something

I'm going to be releasing it via Steam, but that's two years away optimistically. I just began working on this last month pretty much.

ozXHe7P.png

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts

Bought Ghost Recon: Wildlands yesterday. It's really good. Been playing on the Hardest difficulty from the start but had to bump it down a notch because it was just too hard, which is really exciting because i can't remember the last time i played a game where i actually felt a challenge like this. Also realised how much more i enjoy having a desktop over a laptop when it took me less than 5 minutes to open up the front, clean the accumulated dust, and put the front cover back on. So much more convenient than having to take the whole thing apart like i would have had to do with my old laptop. 

Melos
[ Display Name History ]

Melos

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • RSN:Melos
  • Clan:Maxed

Today I'm going to be going through all of my goal lists and updating them for the new year. I'm also going to be cleaning and organizing my PC because I just have so much stuff that I randomly saved lol.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,204 posts
I smell like beef
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Dax
[ Display Name History ]

Dax

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,012 posts

I smell like beef

Coincidentally, today is the only day of the week I don't smell like beef. #butcherslife

#KERR2016/17/18/19.

#rpgformod

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts

Updated my Bios today. probably should have done it when i first built the PC but i expected it to be a lot more complicated than it turned out being. That's about the only productive thing i did today.

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Updated my Bios today. probably should have done it when i first built the PC but i expected it to be a lot more complicated than it turned out being. That's about the only productive thing i did today.

I don't think I've ever updated my BIOS. If it's not broken, don't fix it is how I handle things like that. Don't want to brick my motherboard...

I implemented a (very rough) 'thing renderer'. It handles applying materials (loaded from a central 'material database') and colors thus far to 'models' (basically icons/characters/etc; i.e., the visual representation of a thing/game object).

So I took it for a spin with a potion bottle:

jdx8BuU.png

Left is just a literal "potion bottle", center is a "green potion bottle", and right is a "neon green cork potion bottle." It works, even when adding/removing description at runtime...

The contents can change with the inventory of the potion bottle, too. So a red potion would make the pink blob red, a blue potion blue, a some lava orange-and-black, etc. But I didn't implement that yet...

ozXHe7P.png

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

today i ate the last mushro

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,472 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Does anyone know any good brands for paint for a beginner.

Pretty much only want to get 3 colors. Black, white, and blue. And think I'm interested in water color and acrylic

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

it really comes down to whether youre painting a house or miniature clay animal figurines

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,953 posts
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

Does anyone know any good brands for paint for a beginner.

Pretty much only want to get 3 colors. Black, white, and blue. And think I'm interested in water color and acrylic

Try going to a craft shop, the shop assistants would be able to help you. For watercolours I've only really used Windsor and Newton Cotman box sets, they are like $10 so its a pretty cheap investment. Don't really like acrylic so I can't say much.

Luck be a Lady

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

i usually just buy the cheapest house paint at the hardware store 

i find that quality of the paint doesnt really matter if youre just filling the tub with it to splash around for a bit to see what life would be like as different colors

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

lol not quite what I'm going for. 

Also I finished a really cool project at work that I wish I was able to show off the functionality of here. But I got a really harsh non disclosure agreement so I can't. But needless to say work has been fun and I feel like I'm finally making some progress.

Spent a month scrambling to learn the codebase which is well over 400k lines of code but I finally know enough to add new features correctly.

It took a month because the documentation is absolutely horrible but I'm here now

MuffinMaddy
[ Display Name History ]

MuffinMaddy

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • RSN:Muffin Maddy
It's my birthday, I'm home alone for the whole day and I have heartburn.

I still feel really happy internally, though

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,204 posts
Happy birthday though

Today the lady that disappeared for 5 months is back. I'm not sure I want to ask her where she went
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

Happy birthday

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

happy birthday

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts

So i spent my day finishing the rest of Ghost Recon's main story missions. The story was very good. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The ending caught me off guard and had me sort of sitting at the edge of my seat. I played about the last 70% of the game on the hardest difficulty, which wasn't always as hard as i expected it to be, but it did mean that i had to cheese some of the missions i just found a bit too hard to do. I'm excited to see what the DLC is like.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Goonstalf in Goonstalf's Blog, on 16 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Source: Today...

Read Full Entry →

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users