Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

56952 replies to this topic

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,466 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Sounds like you should fight for overtime on top of a raise

Ehh

I got a few interviews coming up.

I'm asking $80k full time, just have to land one of them and I got the next year or two sorted

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,200 posts
80k is hella good my man.

After recently moving I'm able to take the train to work and not dealing with shitty rush hour traffic twice a day has seriously increased my mood so much. Or maybe it's that Spring weather is finally being consistent. Probably both.
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly

mods and admins don't have a post timer. some ex staff (maybe all) keep this ability

Consider it a service gift, though not all ex-staff retain that ability (nor do all staff have it to begin with). As long as it's not abused, I see no reason to 'fix' it. I would of course prefer people to edit their posts rather than double post, at least until some time has passed. The flood control is there to keep people from multiposting on accident by hammering the post button when their browser doesn't react fast enough.

In other news, there may be a squirrel nesting in a buddies old kayak that is hanging in my carport. On the face of it, I have to applaud the squirrel for such a fine choice of location, since it's pretty much impossible for a cat or predatory bird to get to it there. On the other hand, I highly suspect it to be a pregnant female squirrel, and her accessing the kayak involves jumping from a cupboard to the kayak right above my main door, significantly raising my chances of accidentally picking a fight I want no part of. It/she may have decided the area is too traveled and moved though, or else is only storing some food there and nesting somewhere else. In any event, I've decided to let the situation be for now. It's not my kayak and I like having squirrels around (they're fun to watch).

I also saw a pair of ducks walking down the street this morning.I live by the water, but I'm about 70 feet above it, so it always amuses me when they bother to come up to the house (it seems to happen during or following heavy rain).

And there are definitely deer traipsing through the yard from time to time. Pooping on the lawn.

b6brc9.jpg

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

After recently moving I'm able to take the train to work and not dealing with shitty rush hour traffic twice a day has seriously increased my mood so much. Or maybe it's that Spring weather is finally being consistent. Probably both.

tbh I was originally asking for 60k.

Every recruiter I talked to kinda did that pause like I couldve asked for more and with each one I talk to I just added a bit and when I was saying 75k and they're still reacting like that it really opened my eyes.

In my area 60-65k is still average starting wages out of university.

Where on my resume tho I have a

2012 technical support position, where I absolutely was coding. So i just put it. C#, mvvm, svn, etc

2014 developer position, put that too

2017 nasa contractor

So apparantly the resume bots detect "6 years of programming experience" with a bachelors degree and gov contractor. I think I did enough real programming work on my own to justify that but its funny how that shitty first job of mine paid off so well

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,200 posts
I think you just discovered a crack in the online job market world. A hugely exploitable one, I dig it
Posted Image

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

mods and admins don't have a post timer. some ex staff (maybe all) keep this ability

Consider it a service gift, though not all ex-staff retain that ability (nor do all staff have it to begin with). As long as it's not abused, I see no reason to 'fix' it. I would of course prefer people to edit their posts rather than double post, at least until some time has passed. The flood control is there to keep people from multiposting on accident by hammering the post button when their browser doesn't react fast enough.

In other news, there may be a squirrel nesting in a buddies old kayak that is hanging in my carport. On the face of it, I have to applaud the squirrel for such a fine choice of location, since it's pretty much impossible for a cat or predatory bird to get to it there. On the other hand, I highly suspect it to be a pregnant female squirrel, and her accessing the kayak involves jumping from a cupboard to the kayak right above my main door, significantly raising my chances of accidentally picking a fight I want no part of. It/she may have decided the area is too traveled and moved though, or else is only storing some food there and nesting somewhere else. In any event, I've decided to let the situation be for now. It's not my kayak and I like having squirrels around (they're fun to watch).

I also saw a pair of ducks walking down the street this morning.I live by the water, but I'm about 70 feet above it, so it always amuses me when they bother to come up to the house (it seems to happen during or following heavy rain).

And there are definitely deer traipsing through the yard from time to time. Pooping on the lawn.

Thanks fam

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,200 posts
Typical Comcast showing up 90 minutes late to their "guaranteed" window of installation
Posted Image

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

It bugs me more than it should to see quagmires like the internet industry and believe I could fix it but will never have enough power to do so.

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,200 posts
At least the tech guy was cool when he did finally show up
Posted Image

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

I start my summer internship tomorrow, and summer school on Tuesday. I'm also taking 10 credit hours of class this summer, so here's to hoping I actually have some time to breathe this summer.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,511 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
Had a proper blast at the Disc golf tournament of Lords & Ladies in Wanaka. Got proper wasted and didn't stop on Sunday, which probably affected my scores and most definitely gave me a proper hangover. And I'm still feeling it.
Posted Image

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,200 posts
Proper
Posted Image

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,511 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
Yep, real proper.

Shouldn't post this hungover and late into the night, get everything properly mixed up.

Tired as.
Posted Image

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

I got payed to look at reddit on my phone for 4 hours today since they couldn't get my computer working. Can't do work without a computer. I also had to put my own chair together straight out of the box.

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

I got payed to look at reddit on my phone for 4 hours today since they couldn't get my computer working. Can't do work without a computer. I also had to put my own chair together straight out of the box.

Too bad you couldn't have a robot do all that for you: https://www.cnbc.com...-furniture.html ...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

I took the train to school for that reason.

It was 100x times better

On the job hunt I had an in person interview on monday, and have had a bunch of recruiters message me on linkedin. Got a few more interviews lined up from that.

Of those recruiters 2 big names were there, sony and apple. That would be a big deal if either of those hired me.

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

Too bad you couldn't have a robot do all that for you: https://www.cnbc.com...-furniture.html ...

Speaking of robots, I spent almost the entire day programming SCARA robots.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

what is reddit and also what is a robot

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,416 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez
I, I have a problem... Just bought another motorcycle yesterday, which means that in 4-ish years of having motorcycles I've pretty much had a different one every year.

At least I always sell the old before buying the new.

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

Nyosuht
[ Display Name History ]

Nyosuht

Website Crew Alumnus

• IRC Channel Staff
  • 1,821 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Omnipotence
  • RSN2:Nyosuht
At least you're selling your old ones. I keep thinking I should, then manage to convince myself that I could get more out of them after just a little work that never seems to happen.

In my barn, I have too many bikes.
Mine:
  • 1983 Nighthawk 650
  • 1984 Nighthawk 650
  • 1981 Goldwing 1100
  • 1983 Goldwing 1100
  • 1985 Virago 700
My wife's:
  • 1983 Shadow 750
  • 2009 V Star 650
  • 1987 Rebel 250
Some I'm storing for my dad:
  • 1982 Virago 920
  • 1981(?) Virago 920
  • 198? CX500 (three of them)
  • 1972(?) Suzuki Z1
I feel like I'm missing some, but it might just be that dad has his Goldwings (two more GL1100s) elsewhere.

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Goonstalf in Goonstalf's Blog, on 16 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Source: Today...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users