Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

57022 replies to this topic

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
I met a few Saudis in NZ. They were on a wee bit different opinion about a lot in their country. But they had also lived quite a long time in one of the most equal countries in the world in terms of genders, NZ. They thought the new king would change a lot towards the more liberal.

But as they say, power corrupts and absolute power, like the royal families have in pretty much all of the Middle East corrupts absolutely.
Posted Image

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,217 posts

It occured to me - that while there are only like 6 people active on the forum there are still a large number of guests that trawl through the posts from 2009 and look at old ass accounts - My guess is that it's either an opportunist looking for salvageable information to make some recovery attempts the email log-in system was not implemented for many people. Jokes on them though - those dead-ass accounts probably only have a whip and a d chain RS3 :P

A while back (a long while back) I tried logging back into RS just to have a look at the new graphic interface. I think RS3 had just come out. My account got CLEANED out. Not sure what happened, but honestly it was fine.
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Kalphite
[ Display Name History ]

Kalphite

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,232 posts
  • RSN:kalphiteman4

Just got my application accepted for a new apartment!!! I'm moving to a new area of town with a new roommate and while the last couple weeks looking for stuff sucked we ended up finding a super dope spot. The apartment we found is a 3 story townhouse where we each have our own bedroom and bathroom, and its 1400 sq ft so we have a hugeeee living area too and a massive patio that isn't even accounted for in that. and the place is like $600/month cheaper than my current apartment so my rent is going down too. And it's only less than a ten minute walk away from the downtown part of the neighborhood. I'm putting a deposit down tomorrow and its soooooo nice to just have this sorted out finally.

Now to deal with the logistics of actually moving in 2 weeks... then getting a car... then a new job... shit  feels like its never going to slow down lol but I'm definitely ready for some changes

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,217 posts
I fell into a pit of YouTube music and came away with a new appreciation of sad boy rap. Nothing, Nowhere and Lil Lotus particularly.

At least something interesting happened I guess
Posted Image

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,477 posts

All i really got going on lately is work but the work environment is night and day from the last team in so many ways.

That last one was basically meet once a week and show what progress you made. I mean it was a glorified internship tbh. No organization or anything. I worked from home 99% of the time too which was pretty isolating.

This section is so organized. They have lots of different projects going on and they have just good agile methodologies in place. Like we have 2 week sprints and a daily morning stand-up to talk about our progress on tackling existing issues scheduled for that sprint. Regular meetings and actually well planned out and documented goals too. They also are really investing in us, next Monday and Tuesday the whole team for the project Im assigned to has a SCRUM training which I believe includes the actual certification test.

Also the type of programming I'm doing is really interesting. The project I'm on is using the Microsoft HoloLens augmented reality to work with CAD models. It also has a web client. But yeah I'm honestly really happy to have gotten on this team and its interesting working with c++, c#, and js on the same day. Also the nature of the work means I'm doing both full stack dev and computer graphics both of which I've done but I do have this anxiety about not being able to keep up.

Also related to that is the people. Holy shit there is some real heavy duty talent here. Several Ph.D's and pretty much everyone around me went to a top notch school. A girl they hired yesterday is an MIT grad. Honestly I'm rather embarrassed of my mediocre school and my bad GPA. But hey I managed to get in somehow despite that. But yeah besides some slight impostor syndrome I'm feeling atm its really cool to meet so many people passionate about programming ... who aren't in the runescape cheating scene :lol:...

But yeah I'm pretty excited about life right now. A little nervous but mostly positive feelings.

As far as personal life's going.

I'm 19k student loan debt and living with parents still and a terrible commute both ways. My old faithful car is gonna finally die soon too so i'm looking to spend 12-15k on a nice used car. I guess the big decision right now is do I move in a month or stay at home a few more months and pay off debt. I think I've already made up my mind on what I'll actually do here but either way I gotta wait until at least August

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,217 posts
12-15k on a used car? Why? You can get a brand new Honda Civic for $15k and it'll last you 20 some years without issue. Also, very good MPG
Posted Image

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,039 posts
I wanted to spend 12-15k on my car when I bought it, but by the time everything was over, it was 20-22k...

Be careful with the dealerships, I guess is what I'm saying.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
Buying new cars is not the smartest. A honda civic that's 15k new will be 10k at two years old

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
Got my schedule, gonna be here in Norway till end of September. Free house till then.

Absolutely no plans whatsoever after that. I'd like to apply to university here, but I realized I am not gonna pass the language test for Norwegian just yet, can't write it that well and my vocabulary is too limited. So thinking of touring a bit of Europe, then getting a job in the ski resort over winter and learning the language meanwhile aswell.
Posted Image

champion
[ Display Name History ]

champion

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,176 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Just got my application accepted for a new apartment!!! I'm moving to a new area of town with a new roommate and while the last couple weeks looking for stuff sucked we ended up finding a super dope spot. The apartment we found is a 3 story townhouse where we each have our own bedroom and bathroom, and its 1400 sq ft so we have a hugeeee living area too and a massive patio that isn't even accounted for in that. and the place is like $600/month cheaper than my current apartment so my rent is going down too. And it's only less than a ten minute walk away from the downtown part of the neighborhood. I'm putting a deposit down tomorrow and its soooooo nice to just have this sorted out finally.

Now to deal with the logistics of actually moving in 2 weeks... then getting a car... then a new job... shit feels like its never going to slow down lol but I'm definitely ready for some changes

Congrats man, good luck! Curious what part of town you're in now!

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,477 posts

12-15k on a used car? Why? You can get a brand new Honda Civic for $15k and it'll last you 20 some years without issue. Also, very good MPG

I have an ancient honda civic (2002). I'm still tempted to keep it alive until my student loans are paid off.

I think the starter is dying on it. I changed the battery a few months ago and yesterday it didn't feel like starting, idk man. 

Honestly a new honda civic from a dealership is closer to 20k in my area, but yeah 15k is probably too high for a used car. I think 11k might be a better balance between depreciation rate and still being nice for a long time.

I could get a loan under 4% interest rate with my credit union though and I almost don't even care about debt if its that low an interest rate. I mean I lose 2% a year anyways if I keep it in the bank

Edit: you can probably tell I'm manic about debt. In the same paragraph I'm talking about rushing to pay off student loans and then saying how low interest rate debt isn't bad, lol

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
No one should go into debt to buy a car...money down the drain

polvCwJ.gif

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

So are repairs on a decade old car.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

So are repairs on a decade old car.

Depends on the repair. I spent 1k replacing the clutch on my 11 year old car 4 years ago...60000km later it's still going strong.

polvCwJ.gif

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,217 posts
Buying someone else's problem is often more expensive than buying a new car. My current car is a 2013 civic that I bought in 2015 for 16k. It was a floor model the dealership was using for test drives so it only had 1800 miles on it, basically brand new. Probably the best purchase I ever made
Posted Image

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
Sure..you have to be prudent when buying used. But every time you buy a new car you lose 20% of the value when you drive it off the lot

polvCwJ.gif

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,418 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez
Most reliable way to buy cars, if you want new(ish) is 2 year old cars from dealers. They've taken the largest hit from depreciation but should still come with a decent warranty. Brand new cars are terrible from a financial aspect due to massive depreciation.

Personally, I'm comfortable buying anything within ~15 years if its in good shape. Even repairs aren't a big deal if they're still costing less per month than what you would be spending on payments for a new car.

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,954 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

Had an interview for an academic role at a top uni in the UK. I think it went okay - we will see though. Would be a massive step up from going from the bottom 50 to beyond top 5. Probably won't be able to browse reddit as much :D!

Luck be a Lady

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
well I added props

bbOOmrG.gif

They're like actors, except they don't move. Also they're rendered completely differently... so they're really not like actors.

ow it burns

ozXHe7P.png

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
Our family's only car is a Volvo from 2000. Can't say we've spent too much on repairs. And got it for 2000 euros, used from Germany a few years ago. 2012, maybe?

Still running quite well.

Old cars that don't have too much electronic shit and have higher tolerances for issues last forever. Sadly, pretty much the endpoint for that sort of cars is around the change of millennium...
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Goonstalf in Goonstalf's Blog, on 16 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Source: Today...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users