Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

56952 replies to this topic

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,200 posts
For as many mostly naked white girls as Chris Brown brought out, it seems Zac Brown's audience has a near equal amount of early 20s boys who really enjoy Oakley glasses, board shorts and palm tree tank tops
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,511 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
Why the hell must hangovers be so bad?

Also why the hell are barbershops so expensive now? Quick online search didn't even get a trim for 40 bucks. I remember when it was 5.

RPG, what do you have against guys in their 20's wearing pineapple tank tops and shorts?
Posted Image

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

pineapple juice has many good qualtities

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,416 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez

pineapple juice has many good qualtities

Does that make you pineapple juice?

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
I'm being flown in next week for an interview at a company doing consulting. So I tried getting back in touch with the other company that didn't give me an internship because I was "overqualified" to see if they might have worked out a more permanent position as they were suggesting. I was told they were not able to accommodate my level of expertise at the moment. *facedesk*
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

Yeah I ran into that a lot when I was job hunting.

Companies definitely weren't looking for fresh grads at all. Its either interns or 5+ years of experience 

All I can say is don't give up keep the pipeline rolling and you'll start getting 1-2 interviews a week and its eventually it will happen

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,200 posts
Job searching is probably the most torturous experience of the modern first world
Posted Image

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

i miss mammoth hunting

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,341 posts
Today, in 9 hours, I'll be at Carowinds. It's an amusement park with a lot of rollercoasters.

Time to get some sleep!

ozXHe7P.png

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Yeah I ran into that a lot when I was job hunting.

Companies definitely weren't looking for fresh grads at all. Its either interns or 5+ years of experience 

All I can say is don't give up keep the pipeline rolling and you'll start getting 1-2 interviews a week and its eventually it will happen

It seems more like the other way around - they seem to feel I'd just be bored there and whatever they would have me do is too low level.
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,511 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
I've never been denied a job after an interview.
Don't know if I just ace them or whatnot. I know that in at least one of the spots I got they get 10+ applicants per spot.

Pretty cool weekend, being back home during summer in our summer capital. Bloody epic here.
Posted Image

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,200 posts
10+? Most pools I see are no less than 200
Posted Image

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly

Here's a question.

Why do meat products, particularly chicken, get recalled for suspected salmonella contamination?

I was taught that salmonella in chicken should just be taken for granted, that it was common enough that you should always just assume it's there, and that's why you just don't eat pink chicken and why you take care to wash your hands and any surface raw chicken (or any other meat) touches. I take it that salmonella is not as common in chicken as I thought (I thought that something like 30% of chicken would contain it)?

Obviously non meat products are a different case. Salmonella isn't expected in a salad.

b6brc9.jpg

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,341 posts
Fury 325...

nawMq21.jpg

...and Nighthawk...

jQulZ5T.jpg

...were the best.

They all were amazing, but those two were the best.

We went on all but two coasters: Kiddy Hawk (I wasn't waiting in line) and a wooden one I can't remember.

We had a great time. Fast Lane was like being a VIP lol, skipping the entire line. Nighthawk and Fury had like 1-2 hour lines.

ozXHe7P.png

itookthecake
[ Display Name History ]

itookthecake

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 7 posts

Here's a question.

Why do meat products, particularly chicken, get recalled for suspected salmonella contamination?

I was taught that salmonella in chicken should just be taken for granted, that it was common enough that you should always just assume it's there, and that's why you just don't eat pink chicken and why you take care to wash your hands and any surface raw chicken (or any other meat) touches. I take it that salmonella is not as common in chicken as I thought (I thought that something like 30% of chicken would contain it)?

Obviously non meat products are a different case. Salmonella isn't expected in a salad.

I don't know about salmonella regulations specifically, but most likely because A) something got past quality control or B) it's discovered that food safety standards aren't being met.

A) When you're producing many units of something on a large scale, it can quickly get very difficult to check whether each unit is up to par, especially if testing requires units to be destroyed as is often the case with foodstuffs. There are organizations (the FDA in the United States, for example) that decide how much and what kind of testing is required. Because it's not reasonable to check every single piece of chicken, it's possible for defective/unsafe units to get through. On top of that, there are many different kinds of salmonella (some more harmful to humans than others) and it takes time for the infection to be noticed and then confirmed by a doctor. On top of that, it's hard to determine the source of the infection from just one case, and more testing (time) is required to figure out what kind of salmonella is being dealt with. You can figure out where an instance of salmonella came from before knowing exactly what you're dealing with. Even if you do know what kind of salmonella it is, it can still be worth recalling because

B) It's possible the infections happened in the first place because corners were being cut during quality control or manufacturing. By not following the rules set by the standards organization, it can be difficult to tell what caused the problem in the first place and whether any other problems exist.

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,416 posts
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez
Whoa, whoa! Some new guy posts in the OT thread for the first time and offers some quality insight? I want to shake this guys hand.

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,341 posts
I was called over to computers by a new coworker. I asked a customer "What's the problem?" because I didn't hear what the issue was over the radio.

He had the audacity to scold me like I'm a child for my phrasing! I should have said "What's your concern?" or "What's your worry?" according to him...

I've been called stupid and useless and other things; I've had customers put me down with their master's in IT and other bullshit (lol); and I handled those without any trouble, but to scold me in front of my coworkers?!

ozXHe7P.png

Nyosuht
[ Display Name History ]

Nyosuht

Website Crew Alumnus

• IRC Channel Staff
  • 1,821 posts
  • RSN:Omnipotence
  • RSN2:Nyosuht

I was called over to computers by a new coworker. I asked a customer "What's the problem?" because I didn't hear what the issue was over the radio.

He had the audacity to scold me like I'm a child for my phrasing! I should have said "What's your concern?" or "What's your worry?" according to him...

I've been called stupid and useless and other things; I've had customers put me down with their master's in IT and other bullshit (lol); and I handled those without any trouble, but to scold me in front of my coworkers?!

That's craptastic, and you deserve better. Unfortunately, not all of their problems are technical in nature.

I had a recent run-in with a visitor who didn't come prepared and knew just enough to send our driver to the store to look for things that don't exist.
While trying to work out just what he was asking for, and what he actually needed, he started talking down to me. "Look, this is incredibly simple. Can you do it or not?" "Surely I'm not the first person to ever want this," and so on.
Holy cow. I do systems development; I was only even there because I can figure out how to plug stuff in. I must have blanked for a moment, trying to work out whether it was actually happening; a coworker later said she thought I was about to go hands-on. I wasn't, it was just such a surreal situation.

We got him set up in the end, but... wow. Luckily, I didn't have to deal with him past that.

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,200 posts
Did istolethepie forget their password?
Posted Image

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,031 posts
God, I can only dream.

My skin is finally getting soft