Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

57018 replies to this topic

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,954 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

I was called over to computers by a new coworker. I asked a customer "What's the problem?" because I didn't hear what the issue was over the radio.

He had the audacity to scold me like I'm a child for my phrasing! I should have said "What's your concern?" or "What's your worry?" according to him...

I've been called stupid and useless and other things; I've had customers put me down with their master's in IT and other bullshit (lol); and I handled those without any trouble, but to scold me in front of my coworkers?!

It's at that point you just walk away and say "It's your concern then".

Respect given is respect due, idec if I'd get reprimanded by HR. But that's probably why I don't work in a customer facing role anymore.

If you want to be petty about this in the future - whenever they ask for help in the future. Go through every single step Ad nauseam. "Press Windows", "Click Search", "Type CMD", "Delete System32"

"You know the Delete function deletes things", "When you delete something it is gone forever" "Forever is a long time" "A function is a set of commands that do something when invoked" "You invoke a function by typing something" "You type by interfacing with the ~96 switch instrument in-front of you" "You can interface by using your hands that are attached to the end of your arms - that are somehow controlled by your peanut of a brain". "Some switches do things, like a function, do you remember what a function is?"

Luck be a Lady

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
Train was late by an hour, so I missed my connection. Ended up with the train company paying for a 140 km taxi ride to get me where I had my ticket to :D

Of note was that the taxi (a Volvo V70, around 2011-ish, 2.4d engine) had done 767 000 km's. That's almost half a million miles. On the first engine. And chassis. And everything. And the driver wasn't light with his right foot. Some cars are still built to last...
#hardcoreswedishsteel
Posted Image

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

hi

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,215 posts
Not so long ago we talked about ugly traffic situations and crappy commutes. A few of you said Seattle is awful. Today I learned how right you were. I-5 is the 13th level of hell
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

today i gathered up all my hoes and we went to the plaza

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
Work, work, work all the time.
Posted Image

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
I may be going to Legend's (supposedly an amazing gay night club in Raleigh, NC) with some friends Friday!

In other news I've been working on a "panorama dungeon:"

cVSaqAj.png

The general idea is you start in a room with a locked door and a dead guy you can loot for basic supplies. You spawn with a key (since it's a demo) and enter a room with hostile Skelementals (skeleton + metal hybrids) and some tin/copper rocks. Following that room is a hallway with three branches: a large mine with many copper and tin rocks, a room (behind a door) with a furnace and anvils, and a room protected by a Big Scary Door ™ containing the boss, a ghost miner foreman.

You'll have to find the blueprints to make the key to unlock the Big Scary Door ™. The miner foreman is too difficult to defeat with starting stats (...level 1), but there's pillars in the room. If you mine the pillars, some rocks fall from the roof a few seconds later dealing hefty damage to anyone (...including you...) under them. After mining all the pillars, the foreman should be easy to pick off.

Furthermore, you can make the Skelementals unagressive by wearing equipment of the same type of metal as the skelemental. You'll be able to make a tin can (and wear it as a crude helmet lol) and some copper item (unsure what yet) so you'll be safe as you mine and explore the dungeon.

The skelementals will exclusively drop copper and tin flakes which are essentially stackable ores and the miner foreman will drop dynamite that can be used as a one-off to instantly mine a rock.

No, this is not at all inspired by the first dungeon in NeoQuest II. What makes you think that?

ozXHe7P.png

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,475 posts

So some girl at work had her last day today and we went to a bar for happy hour after work for her going away party.

And theres a girl who sits next to me at work that is kinda flirty and has a boyfriend. And lol we ended up getting drunk together and talking about our sex lives and stuff, did i just [bleep] up

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,215 posts
Work place romances are for binge watch streaming, not real life, silly.
Posted Image

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,475 posts

yeah yeah don't shit where you work

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts

Seriously though, Neoquest is a great game and everyone should play it before Neopets inevitably shuts down (seriously how are they still around?)

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,418 posts
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez

Seriously though, Neoquest is a great game and everyone should play it before Neopets inevitably shuts down (seriously how are they still around?)

Didn't you hear? Neopets is coming to mobile.

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

Nyosuht
[ Display Name History ]

Nyosuht

Website Crew Alumnus

• IRC Channel Staff
  • 1,821 posts
  • RSN:Omnipotence
  • RSN2:Nyosuht

yeah yeah don't shit where you work

Unless that's literal. "Boss makes a dollar and I make a dime, that's why I poop on company time."

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
I had that job interview, and after a while they asked me some coding questions. I answered it for the most part and then they disappeared for about 20 minutes and sent me home early because my coding skills weren't good enough. I don't think I did that poorly...it was kind of surreal.
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
You never know what exactly they are looking for.
Posted Image

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,215 posts
Tech job interviews sound awful
Posted Image

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
I had an interview once where they had me make a small project, then rejected me without saying why. So I asked why and like 3 weeks later they responded with a huge list of nitpicky bs

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,475 posts

so I interviewed someone today as part of a panel.

tl;dr Holy shit this guy was qualified but I have no idea what he would actually do there. So he has 20 years of impressive experience, a ph.d, a patent, management experience and everthing.

As a dev I saw he listed that he worked on a pipeline to render CAD models in real time on light hardware, anyone whos worked with CAD has dealt with how ridiculous their polygon count can get so i was genuinely interested. He says that this was all done manually and not automated. So that was pretty disappointing.

I'm thinking maybe he would be a good product owner (scrum) because hes had his own businesses and management experience but then its like idk once he explained that.

idk I feel weird to be on the otherside of the interview, especially with how early I am in my career.  Especially walking away from it feeling he was overqualified and didn't really know where he would fit in. 

I had that job interview, and after a while they asked me some coding questions. I answered it for the most part and then they disappeared for about 20 minutes and sent me home early because my coding skills weren't good enough. I don't think I did that poorly...it was kind of surreal.

What was the question? 

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

you shouldnt have had your hands in your pants while you were answering their questions

Nyosuht
[ Display Name History ]

Nyosuht

Website Crew Alumnus

• IRC Channel Staff
  • 1,821 posts
  • RSN:Omnipotence
  • RSN2:Nyosuht

you shouldnt have had your hands in your pants while you were answering their questions

You wear pants to interviews?

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Goonstalf in Goonstalf's Blog, on 16 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Source: Today...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users