Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

57022 replies to this topic

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,954 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

I've dated a lot of younger girls and the generational gap was obvious (difference of 3 years or so). Although, I've never dated anyone older... anyone with experiences with that?

My current partner is 8 years older than me. There are a few generational differences. I frequently get chastised for not knowing certain films or knowing particular music but casually watching films isn't one of my interests as I'd rather read or play a video game to pass the time.

I wouldn't say there isn't much of a generational gap and she seems more in tune with the times than I am.
Luck be a Lady

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,477 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I've dated a girl 4 years younger and at another time 4 years older.

Maybe its just because it was 4 years either way but we were in the same life stage (university students) so it wasn't weird

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,477 posts

I'm cancelling my lafitness gym membership because I have access to a cheaper gym option because of my job.

In order to cancel I need to go on the website, sign in, and print out a form and mail it. On the site it has a list of all the visits I've done since december last year. I've gone 121 times since dec 13th 2017. Not a perfect track record but I'm glad I stayed constant. 

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,418 posts
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez
Hey man, averaging going once every 3 days is definitely well above average. Good job!

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts

I've dated a lot of younger girls and the generational gap was obvious (difference of 3 years or so). Although, I've never dated anyone older... anyone with experiences with that?

My current partner is 8 years older than me. There are a few generational differences. I frequently get chastised for not knowing certain films or knowing particular music but casually watching films isn't one of my interests as I'd rather read or play a video game to pass the time.

I wouldn't say there isn't much of a generational gap and she seems more in tune with the times than I am.

I've dated a girl 4 years younger and at another time 4 years older.

Maybe its just because it was 4 years either way but we were in the same life stage (university students) so it wasn't weird

I dated a girl who was 4 years younger once too. I guess since I was 24 and she was 20 there was a difference of maturity. She did end up cheating on me. Maybe I shouldn't blame the age gap though; she did have a lot of problems herself.

I'm cancelling my lafitness gym membership because I have access to a cheaper gym option because of my job.

In order to cancel I need to go on the website, sign in, and print out a form and mail it. On the site it has a list of all the visits I've done since december last year. I've gone 121 times since dec 13th 2017. Not a perfect track record but I'm glad I stayed constant. 

I had access to a gym at my summer job. Now that I have access to a gym at my new university, I haven't even tried it out yet. It's been bad. Four whole months and I haven't been. I need to start getting into it. 

Anyone have any generic advice for getting back into it after a while?

j0xPu5R.png

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,477 posts

Just commit to start going again as soon as possible (ie: go today if its open) and treat stepping foot into the gym as a measure of success for that day.Don't beat yourself up about missing 2 weeks in a row or kill yourself trying to "make up for it".  Also start light on the weights if its been a while.

You don't need to min/max, just stay relatively consistent for results. 

Treat the whey, macro counting, and number increases as fun and motivation but if you find its getting in the way of things don't worry about it. Your results will come just by being consistent.   

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts

I know today and tomorrow may be tough since I'm working/helping out with Remembrance Day ceremonies tomorrow (I'm also currently posting this from work). I guess Monday is a good starting point.

What's funny is that I've always had an issue with eating and gaining weight. I'm at a "healthy" weight according to BMI, but my body shape is rather thin. Like I said on the other thread, struggling with a lot of things that involve lifting is kind of embarassing but it can also affect patient care.

j0xPu5R.png

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,477 posts

I lifted lighter weights than the girls next to me when i was starting out. It sucks but hey you gotta start out hitting 0's with that bronze dagger :lol:

Also I'm not massive by any means, I have a swimmers body even now just with pretty visible muscles. You don't need to be heavy to look good and be strong.

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

I know today and tomorrow may be tough since I'm working/helping out with Remembrance Day ceremonies tomorrow (I'm also currently posting this from work). I guess Monday is a good starting point.

What's funny is that I've always had an issue with eating and gaining weight. I'm at a "healthy" weight according to BMI, but my body shape is rather thin. Like I said on the other thread, struggling with a lot of things that involve lifting is kind of embarassing but it can also affect patient care.

muggi's advice to me should be the same: https://forum.tip.it...75#entry5602758

In any case I've been going since ... 26 september? So a month later I went to 90 lb squat, 110 lb deadlift, and 60 lb bench press from ~40 lb, ~70 lb, and just barbell (so 20 lb). Next time I go (Monday) I'm going to try and go up 10 lbs since it felt easy today. I can easily move the barbell with one hand, now, too.

I go 3x a week. Not always M/T/F, but always 3x a week unless it's like impossible or would interfere with more important things. (For example, last week, I went on a hook-up Friday evening + had work during the day; and Monday I had a 17 hour work/school day). I still managed 2x in that week.

For context, I work two jobs, do freelance work, am making my own game, am going to school full time, and have a social life.

ozXHe7P.png

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
I'm getting a lot of memory type errors on the RS client. I hope it's nothing on my end...
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

my grandma took me to play bingo with her once at her old persons home

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
Some days I do great, some days I do terrible.

I went to a pub with a bunch of coworkers. I tried approaching girls but chickened out. I had probably six shots in 2 hours and felt nothing. (I can stand balanced on one leg. The world isn't wobbly. I'm still freezing.) I approached one girl and the conversation ended quickly.

I hate myself but I hate where I live more.

I hate myself because I'm not masculine enough nor am I feminine enough (i.e., I'm an unattractive shit stain) and I hate the Fayetteville because [bleep] the military industrial complex, [bleep] patriotism, and [bleep] contractors/corporations that make private money by dealing death.

ozXHe7P.png

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,039 posts
I'ma be honest Veiva, you sound drunk lol

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

I hate myself because I'm not masculine enough nor am I feminine enough (i.e., I'm an unattractive shit stain)

Those two traits seem mutually exclusive... hard for me to empathize since I can't think of any situation where I'd want to be more feminine. But seems like if I were bisexual, within the context of dating, I'd want to behave as femininely around men as possible and as masculinely around women as possible. But your body sort of forces you to choose one or the other. If you end up getting muscular, you're going to be perceived as masculine by default, and vice versa if you don't remain consistent in the gym.

You've probably already done this, but if I were in your shoes I'd be searching the internet/forums for bisexual men who have what you want in terms of dating success with both men and women; and then see if you can copy what they did to emulate their success

77yLQy8.png

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

[bleep] off I wasn't.

I had to go to CMH Crisis Center today because I was so depressed but "lol i must be drunk"

@muggi

It's evident I'm unattractive or have other qualities that make me worthless so dating is pointless.

ozXHe7P.png

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts

I think the key is confidence, both male and female. If you feel like you are unattractive, you will create an aura that you are, turning them off. If you can find some way to work through the feelings that you're having, you will have better results.

j0xPu5R.png

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

[bleep] off I wasn't.

I had to go to CMH Crisis Center today because I was so depressed but "lol i must be drunk"

@muggi

It's evident I'm unattractive or have other qualities that make me worthless so dating is pointless.

I already recommended taking a break from dating for 6-12 months until your gym results start manifesting for this very reason. I don't think you're capable of dating women right now (for various reasons); you're just going to be disappointing and frustrating yourself, which will affect your self-confidence. At least if you take a break from the failures, you'll have time to rekindle some hope for when you try again in better shape

77yLQy8.png

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

[bleep] off I wasn't.

Sorry. That was insensitive of me. I hope things turn around for you soon, or at least, that you can put the dating problems out of your mind a little.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

The pub was just the straw that broke the camels back. I'm doing /too much/. I'm under so much stress I'm having a hard time breathing. I'm working two jobs AND going to school full time AND doing freelance work AND working on a game (with the hope it sells well). The game is detrimental because I know it's going to be a flop and everyone's going to hate it when I post the demo. That's nearly a years worth of work going to be wasted. Between work and school I have little freetime, and the freetime I have is spent doing freelance work or game development.

I hate my hobbies anymore. I haven't read or played a video game or writtten or drawn for myself and enjoyed it in months.

I'm doing too much and I'm going to relapse and lose all the progress I've made.

[bleep] off I wasn't.

@muggi

I already recommended taking a break from dating for 6-12 months until your gym results start manifesting for this very reason. I don't think you're capable of dating women right now (for various reasons); you're just going to be disappointing and frustrating yourself, which will affect your self-confidence. At least if you take a break from the failures, you'll have time to rekindle some hope for when you try again in better shape

I'm always going to have loose skin ergo I'm always going to be unattractive no matter what I do.

[bleep] off I wasn't.

Sorry. That was insensitive of me. I hope things turn around for you soon, or at least, that you can put the dating problems out of your mind a little.

I think I should've committed myself because I feel no better now than I did when I walked in. I went to sleep for 4 hours and swear it's been 12 because I've had over what felt like a dozen vivid horrible dreams already.

ozXHe7P.png

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,418 posts
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez
I think part of the break isn't just for the gym and your body part. I think part of it is just for the mindset change and boost in confidence. Looking good is feeling good and that will never hurt your odds in finding a relationship.

In addition while you aren't looking for shallow people, being in good shape is a good opener, passing the first checkpoint/gate so to speak, and allowing you more opportunity to find a deep connection by causing a general increase in first dates.

Edit: Veiva you changed your post, but general statement still stands.

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Goonstalf in Goonstalf's Blog, on 16 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Source: Today...

Read Full Entry →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users