Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

57016 replies to this topic

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

My last exam of the semester is tomorrow evening. [bleep]. Then one more day of work and I can drive home in two days. A good ~100km drive, so not too bad. Hopefully doesn't snow too hard... even though I have my winters on.

j0xPu5R.png

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

gl [bleep]

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

Letting her control the logistics is a bad idea IMO... I always just do drinks or coffee for dates. I only had a restaurant date like once or twice when I was a total beginner. If I were in your shoes I would’ve said something like “I’m just going to want to relax that night— had a long stressful week. Let’s just hang out and talk [at my place -or- over drinks]

Keep doing whatever you’ve been doing with the girl complaining about not seeing you enough. If you start seeing her more often because she’s complaining about it, her interest in you will go down

We're both driving, so drinks are off the table. This one, if it does go right, is way more than a hook up. Known her for 8 years, but as I said, always thought she out of my league, so never really even considered asking her out.
But damn, I did already have a bit of a crush on her back then and she still hot as. And not only that, but she also interested in quite a few of the same stuff.
Posted Image

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
My advisor forwarded me a internship request he received from the dean ... who received it from Epic Games.

Ugggggggh. It's for the summer, but it's a full-time paid internship. 40 hours/week for 3.5 months. There's no way my jobs would give me 3.5 months leave. Plus it would screw with SS. But May is still 6 months away...

It all depends on what response I get from my game come February. If I can have a Patreon or some other mechanism with enough passive income to cover roughly ~1/2-2/3 of what I make now (it's really not that much), I'd definitely do it.

I'm still going to apply, even if I just get an interview I'd be over the moon :).

The commute would roughly be one hour, one way, lol.

ozXHe7P.png

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,038 posts
Could try and get the internship as a part time, work from home thing. I'd guess you have better credentials than most of the people applying, so they might be willing to consider it.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

go for it. experience like that is crucial. the connections you'll make cpoild be life changing. companies dont give a rats ass about grades or what unrelated job you worked in school, its all about who you know and paid relevant experience. tightening the belt for a few months will pay off 100x in the lng run

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
i agree with tif's resident derpy cat

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,214 posts
I'm with Goon

Also I can't seem to "like" comments anymore. Weird.
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,418 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez

go for it. experience like that is crucial. the connections you'll make cpoild be life changing. companies dont give a rats ass about grades or what unrelated job you worked in school, its all about who you know and paid relevant experience. tightening the belt for a few months will pay off 100x in the lng run

Is this Christmas Goon, the helpful and not so joking cat?

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts

Agreed.

I'm doing this very shortly myself. Potential opportunity with the OPS even though it's a bit rocky considering the new government, but great experience nonetheless.

j0xPu5R.png

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

Letting her control the logistics is a bad idea IMO... I always just do drinks or coffee for dates. I only had a restaurant date like once or twice when I was a total beginner. If I were in your shoes I would’ve said something like “I’m just going to want to relax that night— had a long stressful week. Let’s just hang out and talk [at my place -or- over drinks]

Keep doing whatever you’ve been doing with the girl complaining about not seeing you enough. If you start seeing her more often because she’s complaining about it, her interest in you will go down

We're both driving, so drinks are off the table. This one, if it does go right, is way more than a hook up. Known her for 8 years, but as I said, always thought she out of my league, so never really even considered asking her out.
But damn, I did already have a bit of a crush on her back then and she still hot as. And not only that, but she also interested in quite a few of the same stuff.

I just have 1 drink, sometimes 2. Never more than that, since were always both driving

77yLQy8.png

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,038 posts
Eu laws about drinking and driving are a lot more strict than US laws.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
I didnt know that— how strict?

77yLQy8.png

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

I didnt know that— how strict?

Varies by country. In at least a couple I was in, the driver couldn't drink *anything*. However, all the passengers could drink in the vehicle as much as they wanted....which was an awesome law tbh (at least for a week long road trip)

polvCwJ.gif

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
Zero tolerance for drunk driving. Here, for first occasion, depending on blood alcohol content just a massive fine is the easiest you can get away with, but starting from second time you lose license or risk jail time. If you are drunk as, it is a criminal offence and you can go to jail already for first offense.
In Norway, automatically lose license at least for a month. Even for first occasion and 0.01ppt. If they've had a single beer before a big meal they still call the cab, cause the thing is harsh. In addition to losing license, at least a 1200 dollar fine and possible jail time.
Posted Image

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,214 posts
Jealous of the abundant public transport though
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
I applied for the internship. Here's hoping.

ozXHe7P.png

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts

They just upped the drinking and driving laws here. Not too much though.

j0xPu5R.png

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

They just upped the drinking and driving laws here. Not too much though.

did they? didn't hear about that, unless you're referring to breathalyzing without probable cause, which was part of the legalization of marijuana

polvCwJ.gif

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,038 posts
Yeah, like saq said, in some places anything above 0% BAC is illegal. How strictly that's enforced is hard to tell, I'd guess not that strictly, but it's still a thing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Goonstalf in Goonstalf's Blog, on 16 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Source: Today...

Read Full Entry →

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users