Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

57022 replies to this topic

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,039 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Every day since middle school, rpg

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Nyosuht
[ Display Name History ]

Nyosuht

Website Crew Alumnus

• IRC Channel Staff
  • 1,821 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Omnipotence
  • RSN2:Nyosuht

My thing is waking up feeling great, taking a minute to just enjoy being alive before my day goes to shit, then waking up feeling like I got run over with just enough time to get around for the day. I blame my wife and her multiple alarms, because this was never an issue before.

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,418 posts
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez
Yeah, on days like today where I've got nothing going on I tend to wake up and spend way too long (hours) on my phone in bed. On days that I have things to do I wake up early, and then play on my phone until I have just enough time to get out the door. Sometimes I wonder if its a game I play with myself just to see how fast I can get ready.

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,039 posts
The irony is that I posted that, got out of bed, and fell asleep in the shower and was late to work.

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

fell asleep in the shower

how the [bleep] does that even happen lmao

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

Got the new Smash Bros game for Christmas. Haven't played any of those games since Brawl. Was excited to watch this one's opening cinematic, and then my heart sank as the music started playing:

Dude what the [bleep]?! This music sucks! It sounds like the soundtrack for a children's anime about love and friendship-- this is supposed to be a fighting game! Ugh I'm so disappointed.

77yLQy8.png

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

I've passed out in the shower before, but I have no clue how you just fall asleep standing up unless you are extremely sleep deprived or have a medical condition.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

I've passed out in the shower before, but I have no clue how you just fall asleep standing up unless you are extremely sleep deprived or have a medical condition.
I don't stand up in the shower don't be ridiculous.

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Got the new Smash Bros game for Christmas. Haven't played any of those games since Brawl. Was excited to watch this one's opening cinematic, and then my heart sank as the music started playing:

Dude what the [bleep]?! This music sucks! It sounds like the soundtrack for a children's anime about love and friendship-- this is supposed to be a fighting game! Ugh I'm so disappointed.

Heck you, that theme kicks ass and I live for it.

You better believe I'll fight you about this. SW-0907-4301-7611

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

I wouldn't mind it if it didn't sound so out of place. I'm getting ready to play this fighting game with my friend-- we've had a couple of beers, we're talking shit, and we're getting ready to duke it out... and then suddenly this sappy love song starts playing? Seriously? Whose idea was that?

ColossalWarpedCollardlizard-small.gif

77yLQy8.png

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

I wouldn't mind it if it didn't sound so out of place. I'm getting ready to play this fighting game with my friend-- we've had a couple of beers, we're talking shit, and we're getting ready to duke it out... and then suddenly this sappy love song starts playing? Seriously? Whose idea was that?

It's not a love song, it's referencing the events of world of light >.>

At most you could say it's about friendship, but in like a very battle-brothers sort of way.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

At most you could say it's about friendship, but in like a very battle-brothers sort of way.

Then they should've arranged the instrumentation accordingly-- Brawl had similar lyrics but at least they were in Latin so you couldn't understand them and they used a choir instead of a soloist so it sounded more epic and war-like. Instead they chose to hire a female soprano soloist, singing in English about friendship. Inappropriate choice for a fighting game

77yLQy8.png

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
Headed for a daytrip to Visegrad. Slept in and when we got there, the castle was already closed. Oh well. Had some beers and here we are.
Posted Image

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Then they should've arranged the instrumentation accordingly-- Brawl had similar lyrics but at least they were in Latin so you couldn't understand them and they used a choir instead of a soloist so it sounded more epic and war-like. Instead they chose to hire a female soprano soloist, singing in English about friendship. Inappropriate choice for a fighting game
Disagree entirely. A song about fighting alongside your friends is 100% appropriate for the tone they're going for in Smash Bros.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

Disagree entirely. A song about fighting alongside your friends is 100% appropriate for the tone they're going for in Smash Bros.

I'm not fighting alongside my friends though. I'm either playing alone in the campaign mode because they removed campaign co-op AFAIK, or I'm playing against my friends 1v1 on the couch

77yLQy8.png

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,418 posts
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez
I think the argument comes down to:

Tesset - The lyrics fit with the theme well. They follow the story and keep with smash events.

Muggi - I want to feel pumped up by the music, not lulled. Song itself isn't bad, but it doesn't make me feel like I'm preparing to smash my opponents.

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
My argument: hueueuehebebe

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

1v1 me bro

77yLQy8.png

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,217 posts
The original song for Smash Bros was "Happy together" by the Turtles.

Gotta remember it's a kids game, not Mortal Kombat
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

1v1 me bro