Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

56887 replies to this topic

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,000 posts

currently writing a 7-minute speech about Ocarina of Time for my toastmasters meeting next week. essentially trying to explain to a group of older professionals who have likely never played video games why it's my favorite game of all time, as well as why it's widely-regarded as the greatest game of all time. my goal is for them to walk away with an understanding of how some people can become so attached to video games-- something which they likely perceive as a waste of time.

the hardest part is condensing it all down to 7 minutes, since there's so much to talk about.

77yLQy8.png

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,168 posts
Depends on the audience. That's something you need to be open to understanding in order to be persuaded. But toastmasters tend to be more open minded people, from my experience
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,000 posts

Depends on the audience. That's something you need to be open to understanding in order to be persuaded. But toastmasters tend to be more open minded people, from my experience

yes they're very open-minded fortunately. about a year ago, I gave a speech on why my favorite childhood tv show, Dragon Ball Z, was so popular and influential and they loved it.

77yLQy8.png

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Laptop chargers definitely have issues. Even just letting it sit here and unplugging it from the wall end, the connection tends to become loose. Luckily, there's often a $20 solution of just buying one off the bay of e so it's not too much of a big deal if they start to break.

Sucks more so after the third one. Hopefully this one works for longer.

j0xPu5R.png

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 952 posts

make tjhe switch to solar and boom problem sovled

• Dax likes this

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,498 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

let out a LOT of steam.

speaking of which have you tried the baths? heard they're great in Budapest but never got around to really going when I was there

Ofc I visited the baths. What else would you do there?
Visited both Szécheny and Kiralyi baths. Szécheny is the big flagship spa with sth like 18 pools and amenities for thousands at the same time, it was pretty cool, though a bit overcrowded on January 1st. Seems like everyone came in to relieve the hangovers in the thermal baths.
Kiralyi was a lot smaller, more intimate affair with 4 pools, a lot more rundown vibe, yet the staff were more attentive and nicer and the list of available services was nuts. Also, the fact that the main pools are there from mid 16th century from the Turks was also pretty cool. The octagonal main pool with a dome above it, and sight of sky from the holes in the dome... Not a place to spend a whole day in, however it was really lovely for the 2,5h we were there on a Saturday, soothing our hangovers from the day before...
Posted Image

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,952 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

I spent £130 ($165) on a PAL version of Frogger Beyond for the gamecube.

I have never played frogger and don't plan on playing it anytime soon.

????

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/Jx8pC

I know I am baffled too... But it means I can flex on reddit when I show my collection.

Luck be a Lady

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,168 posts
DOUBLE DOINK BABY
Posted Image

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,788 posts
Big Dick Nick

Nyosuht
[ Display Name History ]

Nyosuht

Website Crew Alumnus

• IRC Channel Staff
  • 1,819 posts
  • RSN:Omnipotence
  • RSN2:Nyosuht

We bought a new Spark for my wife today. Hopefully that's the end of her car troubles for a while.

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

I changed my brake pads on Friday, but didn't really get around to driving the car until yesterday. The rotors seemed fine at first, but the brakes were pulsating. I had to go back out and get new rotors and re-do the brake pads as well, what a pain.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,498 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
Both of our cars are now [bleep]ed. My Subaru is still in pieces, although finally the sensor has arrived from Japan. Worst time ever for post ordering car parts -_-
Volvo has the front suspension [bleep]ed. Yay.
Posted Image

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts

My car seems to be doing okay... so far. Have to get it in to fix my bumper since someone hit it.

j0xPu5R.png

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,416 posts
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez
My car had a massive exhaust leak and could only get it in on Friday when I had to go back to school. Thankfully, kinda, one of my friends broke themselves and needed someone to drive their car back for them. Now I have it for the week and just have to drive them to class which isn't a bad deal.

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

DOUBLE DOINK BABY

I think the market's feeling bearish on kickers these days.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,000 posts

turns out you were right :lol: for the first time, I didn't win the "best speaker" award after my speech... which was a bummer since I literally spent 20-30 hours writing and rehearsing my speech. before you speak, the toastmaster gives a brief introduction for you. unfortunately, this week our toastmaster was completely unprepared and forgot to print out the introduction I wrote for him, so he just winged it. in my introduction, I had acknowledged that most people in the audience have no interest in video games, and so this speech was meant for them in an attempt to help them understand why some people can become so invested in video games and how they aren't necessarily a waste of time or just mindless entertainment.

the biggest criticism about my speech was how I didn't consider my audience. I think if the toastmaster had been prepared and read the introduction I wrote, my speech would've been received better. but maybe I just did a poor job of writing it in a relatable/digestible manner for the non-gamer. maybe it was too avant-garde since nobody's ever played music in the background during their speeches in the past :lol: either way, in the future, I'm not going to outsource critical aspects of my speech to the toastmaster for the sake of keeping my speech within the 7 minute time limit. or, if I do, I'll be sure to print out the introduction myself so if they're irresponsible I can pick up the slack.

My speech:

77yLQy8.png

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,338 posts
So somehow I'm still sick, even if I'm feeling a little bit better.

I started growing a beard though, it looks pretty good. Haven't gotten anything but compliments so far. And it's not even been a week, lol.

I got on the President's List again this semester @ FTCC and one of my instructors wants to nominate me for a scholarship opportunity so that's cool!

ozXHe7P.png

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,168 posts
While I enjoy the music references, I can see how it could have gone over the heads of old folks who can't tell the difference between Link and Zelda haha

What was the winning speech about?
Posted Image

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,000 posts

While I enjoy the music references, I can see how it could have gone over the heads of old folks who can't tell the difference between Link and Zelda haha

What was the winning speech about?

a guy's disney cruise with his family over the holidays lol. it was a good speech though

77yLQy8.png

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
cruises are the worst thing invented by capitalism

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life