Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

56713 replies to this topic

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,984 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Went to a queer-friendly makeup store a few weeks ago to try and get something to hide my 5-o'clock shadow that never goes away. Was recommended (by a guy who does drag, so I assumed he would know what he was talking about) an orange lipstick to go under the foundation (because the shadow is a blue tint). Tried that today, and in the bathroom, it looked fine. Went out, went to a restaurant, got food, ate, came back out, looked in my car mirror, I looked like a 5-year-old eating cheetos.

Turns out my bathroom lights just [bleep]ing suck, and I don't have any good lighting anywhere in my apartment. So, that's been my day.

What's a non-queer-friendly makeup store even look like? Every time I go into a makeup place, I always see gay guys as customers or employees. I'm very curious as to what place you've been in and felt out of place in? Honestly, I always feel out of place as a straight guy in those places.
It was MAC, which as I understand is just really vocal about it. That's really all I mean.

Idk, I just have had this urge to add that qualifier every time I've had a positive experience at a place. Whether that's a good thing or not, idk.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

Really? That surprises me tbh. The MAC near me is the place that sell the most "drag" type stuff and has all of the gay male beauty Youtuber posters and advertisements. However, I frequent Ulta/Sephora much more often than MAC, so maybe I'm just out of the loop these days.

I also know that you're not gay, but I guess I would as closely relate the gay clientele to the MTF trans audience. Maybe I'm mistaken in that regard.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,126 posts
Not being lgbtq myself, sometimes I wonder if any of those identities ever feel muted by being lumped together with so many other queer identifiers
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,984 posts
@Dash: Oh, I misread your first post, missed a "non". Yeah, MAC is p much what you described. You're right though, with one exception from before college, I haven't really had any issues in makeup stores.

@RPG: Yes, that's definitely a thing. I actually was listening to a podcast today talking about the word queer, which touched on what you said a little.

The opposite is also true. There's always a bit in the back of my mind when someone says "don't use queer it's a slur!" that's like, do you not want me to use because it's a slur, or because you don't want ace people in your community and this is a way to exclude them (because that was an argument I saw fairly often on tumblr, when I was still using it)

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,126 posts
I always thought "queer" was the preferred term, since it's inclusive of anything that isn't heteronormative

Today I was off work and spent something like 6 hours switching between Apex Legends and PUBG. I did not kill a single person. I don't even think I hit anyone in my dozen or so PUBG rounds.

I guess this is what happens when you don't play a shooter in over a year
Posted Image

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,984 posts
For the most part, it is the preferred term, but older lgbt people, and some younger people who grew up in areas where the word is still commonly used as a slur, have their own objections. It's definitely still better than lgbtqppqiaa+ (or whichever variant).

The guy at the end of that podcast summed it up really well for me. We need a word to fill the niche that queer does, it just would be so much better if the word wasn't "queer".

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 908 posts

i think u should use the wrod 'goon" for yall

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,984 posts
Aww, dang. I just got a letter from my bank that I needed to send proof of ID in for my authorized user credit card under Tes. One of the options is explicitly "Tes is the same person as the account owner. Please remove."

I'm going to try and just ignore it and hope they don't cancel the extra card... God, this sucks. I was really excited that would work.

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,126 posts
Changing your legal last name is a pain the ass, i couldn't imagine the headache of legally changing your full name and sex
Posted Image

Nyosuht
[ Display Name History ]

Nyosuht

Website Crew Alumnus

• IRC Channel Staff
  • 1,805 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Omnipotence
  • RSN2:Nyosuht

Changing your legal last name is a pain the ass, i couldn't imagine the headache of legally changing your full name and sex

It really wasn't a pain either time I changed my name.

I got married and signed the license with my new name, and it was just a matter of updating IDs from there. When I changed all my names, I just had to download a form from the court's website, fill it out, turn it in, and appear for a hearing that consisted of me confirming that I wasn't trying to avoid debt or criminal charges. Updating all of my bank, etc. accounts was more of a hassle than the legal change.

I'm not out to my employer yet, and basically expect to be fired when that changes, so I'm holding off on updating my gender markers. As I understand it, I should be able to get a letter from my doctor saying that I am receiving care to transition and update my passport, then use the passport to update my state ID.

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,952 posts
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

I am actually concerned I am going to miss goon when TIF goes down.

Luck be a Lady

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,491 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
But what about me?

In other news, again a working man. Nice to have some routine, but I take way too many responsibilities and accept too many invites to go out. First week back in town and had just one free evening and on Friday already cutting short my workday and heading abroad for the weekend. And schedules keep tightening up...
Posted Image

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,126 posts
Goon deserves an Oscar for best/most persistent shit poster on the web
Posted Image

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 908 posts

what tdid you say to me you litle [bleep]

• Dax likes this

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Dragon Slayer

• Administrators
  • 7,075 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
I was the only one in the entire building (pretty much) at work today thanks to the snow.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,984 posts

I was the only one in the entire building (pretty much) at work today thanks to the snow.

As was I, but we also had a crisis with a deployment, and had to contact several agents to tell them how to fix it, and since I was the only one in the office (and therefore the only one with access to an office phone), I had to do the calling.

I had a panic attack after my electrolysis appointment over lunch and called in sick lmao

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,313 posts

I'm going down to Florida for the weekend with my brother (sort of a birthday present; my birthday is Monday, a year closer to 30 yay ._.). Today will mostly be driving. Tomorrow we'll be going to Universal Studios (and specifically I'm very excited about the Wizard World of Harry Potter). Saturday I'll see my grandparents (the live in the middle of nowhere, population 2K, two hours south of Orlando). And then Sunday I'll drive us back up.

Funny thing is I'll be going to Florida again in March to see Muse. (Atlanta is the closer stop but I don't feel like going to Atlanta; they're touring near Lake Worth/West Palm Beach, where I grew up, so I'm hoping to meet up with an old teacher + a couple family friends if they're in Florida during that time). I'll be taking an Amtrak for that though since it'll just be me. I'm still debating between getting the $400 tickets or $100 tickets and I better make a decision soon ._.

Pretty excited...

ozXHe7P.png

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts

Considering visiting the land down under this summer.

j0xPu5R.png

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,952 posts
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

Considering visiting the land down under this summer.

Your summer? MY winter? Nah bro go when it's shit hot.

Luck be a Lady

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,491 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
You don't wanna be down under when it's shit hot.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Goonstalf in Goonstalf's Blog, on 16 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Source: Today...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users