Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

57232 replies to this topic

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Warning: This may make you think less of me. Please do not judge me too harshly, at least to my face.

Ongoing signs I may have ADHD, I stayed up until 2 am editing my deadname out of my old high school/college essays because I was looking for a particular poem I wrote but I couldn't find it in my desk drawers even after reinventorying the contents, which I was looking for because I wanted to record my voice, but I couldn't think of anything to ramble about, and I didn't want to record the thing I usually do even though it's fun to perform because I need to edit it to remove some outdated stuff about me, and I didn't feel like doing that tonight, even though that's literally what I ended up doing to my old essays anyway!

And yet it's been almost 2 weeks and I still can't convince myself to do dishes. I want to do the dishes. I need to do the dishes. But I just can't convince myself to do it. I walk in every day and say out loud "okay I'm going to do the dishes" and yet they don't get done. I have the energy to do dishes. I've done several harder tasks, including tax paperwork that involved emailing a stranger, two of the hardest tasks for me, traditionally, but I can't do 15 minutes worth of dishes.

I mostly have my life under control re: getting stuff done, but god, it's annoying how fast little daily tasks stack up.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
Anyway what up I gotta wake up in 4 hours, when do I get the adult skill that makes me tired at 9 pm

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,510 posts
I got a housemate who wont clean his dishes, so people just started putting them in his pantry on his food and he suddenly got way more motivated.

Basically consequences help.

Heres how to create some for yourself:

If you want to do your dishes throw out 90% of them so you have 1 plate 2 cups and 2 pans and magically your dishes get done more frequently.

Also yeah I've been up to 4am daily too shit sucks

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
I don't currently have any clean dishes, and haven't for like 3 days. I've been eating out more

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,510 posts

So your single and live alone right?

You really don't need more dishes than that. 1 fork, 2 knives, 1 spoon + the previously listed. Means even in a full depressive episode this won't be an hour long slog to clean.

And when something happens that you can't call uber eats for, like your 2 cups are dirty, maybe you had dairy or coffee and its caked onto the bottom of it. You are literally forced to clean them when its 2 am and you are woke up and are dehydrated. And when that happens it will take 30 seconds, and theres a 50% chance you'll look at the 3 other dishes and say [bleep] it now its 1 minute of work.

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,239 posts
I was previously a dishwasher by profession so 10 minutes worth of home dishes that I got to eat with beats 12 hours of dishes from other people any day.

But I know some people hate it. Like ring said, you gotta add consequences. Maybe when you order out take a screen shot of your receipt total and look at how much money you're wasting on takeout every month instead of A few dollars for a good sponge and some soap.

I'm guessing you don't have a dishwasher...
I've also seen it where people are too lazy to load and unload a dishwasher which is insane to me. At that point probably best to reward yourself until it just becomes something you want to do, like a Pavlovian dog. I used to hate doing laundry but then it came to be beer time. Load the machine? Have a beer. Unload and fold the clothes? Another beer. Now I can do it without the beer.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,077 posts

I do have a dishwasher, but listen, it's not laziness. I'm not sitting around doing nothing productive trying to avoid work. I'm getting shit done every night, just sometimes I run into a wall that I can't move past for individual tasks.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,510 posts
What is your thoughts on those tasks in the moment.

Like when your hungry and no dishes. What goes wrong on the 'well its dish time'.

Is your thought an 'I'll get to it later'

Or something else perhaps?

But I guess my post is how I'd handle a 'I'm so overwhelmed idk where to begin' that keeps popping up

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,960 posts

Agreed with decreasing the amount of dishes you have. Also cleaning your dishes right after a meal is also a great thing... although I can understand why it can't happen all the time.

j0xPu5R.png

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,010 posts
I threw out all my dishes and just used paper plates/bowls and plastic silverware when I was in my early 20s because I hated doing dishes and my apartment didn’t have a dishwasher.

Otherwise, action precedes motivation. Set a timer for 1 minute, tell yourself you only have to do the dishes for 1 minute, then you can stop when the timer goes off. Usually when the timer goes off you’ll keep performing the task

77yLQy8.png

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,239 posts
I think I'm ready to pronounce these forums dead

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Dax
[ Display Name History ]

Dax

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,019 posts

It's been real, TIF.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,510 posts

might be dead for reals this time but I have seen it die in here for longer than this current downtime

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Goonstalf in Goonstalf's Blog, on 16 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Source: Today...

Read Full Entry →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users