Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Leoo

Today...

Don't quit just yet, Try to find another job first.

I find it hard to believe that cost of living is that much higher in Australia than where I live. I mean shit, I make $8.25 an hour, and I lose something like a dollar off the top to taxes. I'd kill to make $22, I'd have to work about a third of what I do for the same pay. Granted I've gotten 5.5 hours in the last moth because my employers are a bunch worthless [bleep] ups who can't schedule someone who's been working there for over a year, but give new employees like 30 hours a week and are hiring more people for the same position as me.

I just spiraled into a rant about this, but I feel like it's completely unneeded. I'll summarize by saying that if I don't get scheduled for next week (which I should find out in the morning), I will be quitting. Not that it matters, since I'm replaceable, but they're going to need at least two employees to do it.

It's not like my future is going to involve bagging [bleep]ing groceries. It's a dead end job, that I'm overqualified for simply by being literate.

Also, no hate towards you, Tim. I'm glad you've got something going for you. I know it isn't the best, but it's a step in the right direction.

Shit, I ranted anyways. Sorry guys, just a little annoyed because it looks like I might not get hours again next week.

It'd be fine If I was a Uni student since I'd then get government assist and I can apply for scholarships to help, but since im not I fork out a lot on rent at home courtesy of (mostly) my sister and her fiancee's bad spending habits and use of EVERYTHING. We even ran out of hot water for 2 days now because of them alone :\

As for the job, I'm gunna keep sticking to it till I find a better one. Hopefully soon-ish. Plus side, TAX SEASON! it'll help with some pay and fixing the car up a bit. Gunna put some away to paintwork because it needs restoring, the damn thing is peeling more then a sunburnt 13 year old.

Popoto.~<3

I find it hard to believe that cost of living is that much higher in Australia than where I live. I mean shit, I make $8.25 an hour, and I lose something like a dollar off the top to taxes. I'd kill to make $22, I'd have to work about a third of what I do for the same pay. Granted I've gotten 5.5 hours in the last moth because my employers are a bunch worthless [bleep] ups who can't schedule someone who's been working there for over a year, but give new employees like 30 hours a week and are hiring more people for the same position as me.

I just spiraled into a rant about this, but I feel like it's completely unneeded. I'll summarize by saying that if I don't get scheduled for next week (which I should find out in the morning), I will be quitting. Not that it matters, since I'm replaceable, but they're going to need at least two employees to do it.

It's not like my future is going to involve bagging [bleep]ing groceries. It's a dead end job, that I'm overqualified for simply by being literate.

Also, no hate towards you, Tim. I'm glad you've got something going for you. I know it isn't the best, but it's a step in the right direction.

Shit, I ranted anyways. Sorry guys, just a little annoyed because it looks like I might not get hours again next week.

Just as something that kind of jumped out at me. Normally when you find your employer suddenly giving you fewer hours, it means they are not pleased about something. Especially if you have a more non confrontational boss, rather than tell you what the problem is, they will just sort of schedule you out of existence. And if they are bringing in more people to do your job while giving you fewer hours, that's also a pretty sure sign they are essentially replacing you.

I was away at school and my manager(s) keep forgetting to put my back into the system when I got back.

And I work in a grocery store, where the majority of my coworkers do literally the minimal amount of work or even less, or they are mentally handicapped. I'm probably one of the only people who actually works hard and is competent. And I know everyone thinks that they're the best at their job and all their coworkers suck etc, but in this case I actually am better than most of them.

Not that being the best employee at a grocery store is a huge accomplishment :roll:

But oh well, such is life. My schedule isn't up yet, so either I didn't get scheduled, again, or they're just being slow about it. I'm almost hoping I don't get scheduled so I can look for a job someplace better. Which is anywhere except other grocery stores and fast food places. Probably.

Edit: About to go on a hike, should be fun :)

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I live in New Jersey, we have the highest cost of living in the United States, reletive to whatever else. I'm pretty sure we're among the most expensive countries to live in.

@Skull, as a shift manager myself, I can tell you that you're being "replaced" because you go away to school. They'd rather have people around that can be around all year long than wait 8-9 months for your to reluctantly show up on your summer break. I'm sure you were a great worker, but they're likely looking for a frequent worker.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Yeah, you guys could be right. I don't know why it's just me, since a lot of other people who go away to school are getting hours. Oh well. Worst case I have a more free summer, but not much money. Best case I get a new job that is awesome.

15cbz0y.jpg

Jeffwilson's real name is... *crash, bang, smash*

On a completely unrelated note I found a cat in my shed while looking for lawn mower gas.

Alive I hope...

On a completely unrelated note I found a cat in my shed while looking for lawn mower gas.

Alive I hope...

Alive, and sitting in my living room right now.

Alive I hope...

Alive, and sitting in my living room right now.

Pics or gtfo.

We have a very brave wild rabbit, and another one we think is either its partner, or child (you can tell them apart because the second one is much more timid). They aren't a problem because all they do is eat the clover out of our lawn, and maybe some of the garden (they've been in it, not sure what's in there they eat though). So we like them.

I saw the brave one twice today. Once, I just went out the back door, and was out there moving around for like a minute before I saw it bounce away, and it only did that after I was life halfway across the lawn towards it. The second time was letting the dogs out of the kennal to play fetch. Silly bunny didn't start bouncing until the dogs were out and running after the ball. Not sure it realized they were lose.

Anyway, they are very cute, and quite large (pet rabbits like like 4 inches high I think, not counting ears. These guys are like 7 inches tall to the top of the skull, so I'm assuming a different type). Now we just need the squirrels to come back and we would be all set. We also get ravens, pheasents, and the very rare duck (they have been in our yard once that I know of during a rain storm. Normally they stay down at the lake though, and seeing them is rare).

Oh, and we have garden snakes, and maybe another type. Almost picked one up while weeding, but then the weed slithered away and I realized it was a black snake. I think there is also a green one on our property. Lucky to see them once a year, and they are quite docile.

Now if only we had some sort of yellow jacket hunting spider, that was still small enough to not be gross or scary or creepy (doubt such a thing exists), we would be all set for tolerable wildlife in my books.

EDIT: Oh, and that toe I stubbed/whacked/snagged a little while ago...the entire left half under the nail is blue, as is some of the cuticle on that half. It doesn't hurt, though it looks painful. Just as well its not sandal weather right now <_<

Sent that message to my ex a few minutes ago on Facebook. Now I just have to wait for her response.

Tomorrow I'll be scheduling an appointment with OTC (Ozark Technical College) to go in and meet with someone to discuss what classes I'll be taking and helping me figure out what I'll be going for. I know I want to get into engineering, I just don't know what type would be best for me (civil, chemical, mechanical, etc.).

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Epic weekend coming up. Going to my friends apartment and my two buddies and I are going to be playing the Guild wars 2 beta. We will have 2 computers running for about 70 ish hours straight.

Guild wars 2 beta- 64$, enough food to last us 2 and a half days- 30$, spending time with my two best friends- Priceless.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Bought a new car battery and decided to spoil her and buy my car some new pedals and a new gear knob.

Popoto.~<3

Apparently I do have a subconscious anxiety about this job interview today given I can't fall asleep. It makes sense given how well it would pay and that it'd be the first time I had an eventful summer to a degree.

Speaking of, I can't help notice this summer is cooler so far than previous years for me.

Cats are... Cats. Get a dog!

I have a dog, most annoying thing ever..

@Vezon, can't find a camera, or a cat right now..

I loathed every single dog I owned (although I still treated them like human beings) for a reason. I just had a thing for cats since I found it easier to relate to them more or that I admired how self-reliant and mostly sociopathic they can be.

Bleh. Bloody doing the Laundry has got me annoyed >.< Why? Because first, since I was doing two loads of clothes, I figured I could wait to put both loads in the dryer at the same time and that way I wouldn't be using the dryer twice, just once for a little bit longer. Only because there were so many clothes it took at least twice as long as one load to dry and when I did get it out half of it was still damp as well. I don't know what hanging damp t-shirts will do to them but I hope it's nothing.

Then I found that the dryer had managed to wear out the design on my brand new t-shirt I got from CafePress: a purple t-shirt with Princess Luna's cutie mark on it. Looks cool but now it has a big faded line down the cutie mark where it's been worn away after one wash.

And then, since it's the first time I've washed my work shirts, I saw the most HORRIBLE creases in them all and I know for a fact that they won't just fall out. I'm going to have to iron them which is great because a) I've never really done any ironing before and b) I don't even know if we have an ironing board. I would also place bets on myself ruining one of them with the iron when I do it.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Ironing isn't that bad, and an alternative to an ironing board can be placing a towel over a hard surface like a table. I'd also advise ironing your shirts inside out so in case you leave streaks they won't be visible. Steamers are also great alternatives to ironing too.

tFtfA.jpg

Bleh. Bloody doing the Laundry has got me annoyed >.< Why? Because first, since I was doing two loads of clothes, I figured I could wait to put both loads in the dryer at the same time and that way I wouldn't be using the dryer twice, just once for a little bit longer. Only because there were so many clothes it took at least twice as long as one load to dry and when I did get it out half of it was still damp as well. I don't know what hanging damp t-shirts will do to them but I hope it's nothing.

Then I found that the dryer had managed to wear out the design on my brand new t-shirt I got from CafePress: a purple t-shirt with Princess Luna's cutie mark on it. Looks cool but now it has a big faded line down the cutie mark where it's been worn away after one wash.

And then, since it's the first time I've washed my work shirts, I saw the most HORRIBLE creases in them all and I know for a fact that they won't just fall out. I'm going to have to iron them which is great because a) I've never really done any ironing before and b) I don't even know if we have an ironing board. I would also place bets on myself ruining one of them with the iron when I do it.

We don't have a dryer and hang everything out damp, and it works fine, I wouldn't worry about that ;)

And yeah turn tshirts with prints inside out. Apart from staying on one spot too long you can't really do anything wrong.

Today, we went to watch Euro 2012 with buddies, and as we turned in early enough, there was a chance to take part in the boardfootball (?) competition. Needless to say I won it and with it some good ol' Carlsberg, a t-shirt and the VIP room for our use during the game. So for total I've had 8 beers today, been quite nice, specially since we had the final official schoolyear ending with awarding diplomas and stuff today aswell.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Went to get my allergy shots today and forgot my phone at home. While I was gone my ex called and I wasn't around to answer it, when I tried calling back her phone was off. :-?

Last night I read a 95 page e-book on a very illegal, dangerous, and profitable process. It was quite interesting and full of a lot of information. I didn't understand some parts of it, but after a college chemistry class I'm sure it would all make sense. I fail horribly at chemistry though, so it doesn't seem like a process I should ever attempt in this lifetime haha. Not only because of how dangerous it is, but also the legality of it. Still an informative read though, and I'm always up for expanding my knowledge of things.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Yes, the production of meth is a fantastic idea :roll:

15cbz0y.jpg