Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Leoo

Today...

It's in Joplin I believe. I wish it was in Cape though... :mad:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Carnival week is a tough week to try to quit smoking again...

Also today, I fired 7 of my co-workers. Felt...relieving.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Got some proper chores to do today. Doing Laundry, taking the bin out, cleaning the bathroom (including the pink mould starting to grow in the shower) and cleaning the George Foreman Grill (best thing in our kitchen :D). But that's after lunch, for now I'm playing Endless Space.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Exam and test this morning, then another test this afternoon. This is going to be a long day.

How do you fire a co-worker?

Moreover, how do you find it 'relieving'? As in... it's a decision you didn't want to make and now you're glad it's finally done or did you actually enjoy it? Because every person I've ever met who works as a line manager hates pretty much every aspect of firing an employee.

So much for a drought in England. So much rain here.

I can't honestly believe there's still a hosepipe ban here. :|

There isn't a hosepipe ban in our area of England currently.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I don't think we have one yet either. [Hampshire.]

220px-TurtleOmaha.jpg

Are there any Slavoj Zizek fans on this forum? If so, then look at this.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2012/jun/10/slavoj-zizek-humanity-ok-people-boring

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

This time next week can't come quick enough. :) 1 week of exams left, thank god. Time has gone so quick the last 10 months but now the last three weeks have become the slowest ever haha.

On another note, does anyone read TheOatMeal? I am loving his latest run in with the dude from some website called FunnyJunk. http://theoatmeal.com/blog/funnyjunk_letter

Makes me smile that the people of the internet will come together to kick greed and stupidity in the face. :)

"And I will send this photo of his mother having sex with a bear..."

Ogodwut.

Get a nice pay this week/today, I've also started a record book for keeping track how much I earn and spend each week.

EDIT: There's STILL no hot water. ;___;

Popoto.~<3

Jesus, $131,902?

I love the internet.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I just experienced a random feeling of dread. Like something big is about to happen that affects a large amount of people but nobody can keep from happening. It's probably nothing though...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I just experienced a random feeling of dread. Like something big is about to happen that affects a large amount of people but nobody can keep from happening. It's probably nothing though...

Somehow you're not the only one O.o

How do you fire a co-worker?

Moreover, how do you find it 'relieving'? As in... it's a decision you didn't want to make and now you're glad it's finally done or did you actually enjoy it? Because every person I've ever met who works as a line manager hates pretty much every aspect of firing an employee.

I fired a co-worker because even though I'm a shift manager, I'm also rather low on the totem pole so to speak. So while my responsibilities and pay are greater than my employees, I don't necessarily out rank them. But I can fire them. It felt relieving because these kids were awful at their job and truly should have been fired ages ago. Work will be done at an efficiency rate like never before [i hope].

I'm not really a fan of firing people, especially since I was friends with all 7 of them, but I care deeply about my job, and they stood in the way of getting things done. It's for the betterment of my company and their own lives that the two concepts be separated. They'll be better off, and my corporation will be better off too.

>Works Illegal business.

>'Fired' people off...

2lq7i0.gif

Turns out sister/bf broke the hot water system and we're stuck with cold water until tomorrow arvo. :\

I'm also still lacking suspenders and urban boots for my Doctor Who outfit for Sat. :<

Also, for some reason I don't mind getting dirty like car maintenance but for some reason I HATE getting my hands physically dirty, they've always got to be clean. Is that normal or just a OCD thing.

EDIT: Damn images, STOP BREAKING!

Popoto.~<3

>Works Illegal business.

>'Fired' people off...

shooting_85fa40_661376.gif

Turns out sister/bf broke the hot water system and we're stuck with cold water until tomorrow arvo. :\

I'm also still lacking suspenders and urban boots for my Doctor Who outfit for Sat. :<

Also, for some reason I don't mind getting dirty like car maintenance but for some reason I HATE getting my hands physically dirty, they've always got to be clean. Is that normal or just a OCD thing.

broken image, but atleast I see you're paying attention :P

And I have the opposite thing with car maintenance. I wash my hands CONSTANTLY but heaven forbid I have to work on a car. That black grease and oil never [bleep]ing comes off...

My hands are slim and soft, which makes them prone to cuts/temperature. So if I ever have to do any work that doesn't require a delicate touch, I have to wear gloves, otherwise I take forever to complete.

All of this conflicts with the fact that I love to work with my hands.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

My hands are slim and soft, which makes them prone to cuts/temperature. So if I ever have to do any work that doesn't require a delicate touch, I have to wear gloves, otherwise I take forever to complete.

All of this conflicts with the fact that I love to work with my hands.

Roughen up your hands through physical work. Allow your fingers to get calluses, and you'll be better for it. Tougher hands.

lampost_sig_stark.png

$450 to repair my car so that it passes the yearly inspection... Where will I get the money, I'm a student and I wasn't able to find a summer job yet.

This time next week can't come quick enough. :) 1 week of exams left, thank god. Time has gone so quick the last 10 months but now the last three weeks have become the slowest ever haha.

On another note, does anyone read TheOatMeal? I am loving his latest run in with the dude from some website called FunnyJunk. http://theoatmeal.com/blog/funnyjunk_letter

Makes me smile that the people of the internet will come together to kick greed and stupidity in the face. :)

Hah, that's pretty amazing :thumbup:

I got a butt-ton a free money Monday, so I'm gonna be treating each of my friends to a little something over the summer whether its dinner or 24 beers.

hiccup.png

My dad has some sort of soap (I think it's this one. Has a great big bottle of it). That grease that would resist any normal soap (or dish soap) comes right off your hands with that stuff in seconds. And it makes your hands smell like oranges. If only all soap was so good at cleaning.

^ I have a bottle of that soap. It truly is great at removing grease from your hands. You can find it at almost every hardware/auto part store.

tFtfA.jpg